Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Online Content
Kerth
C
Originally Posted by AnnieM
Could they be any cuter?

I’m still that puddle of goo reading how adorable they are together.

Love this version of Lois and Clark. I wondered how much Clark actually regretted staying in Smallville instead of moving on once his father had fully recovered. While it’s been clear that he loves his students and finds joy in teaching, his desire to show them that there is life outside of small towns is reflective of his own personal experiences.

Love the progression of their romance. While not spoken aloud with words, their interactions with each other speak volumes about where they both want this relationship to go.

Can’t wait for the next part! Though part of me is dreading the end of their weekend together.

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/24/22 07:49 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was another wonderful chapter. I like how they interact, how easy they have fallen in love. It's refreshing to not have their usual struggle and keeping each other at arm's length. And I can sense how Clark is getting more and more tempted to reveal his secret, because now he's got to start telling half-truths about the reasons for his relationship statuts up until he met Lois. I liked that she learned about the beach rescue.
Can't wait to read more

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Okay, how long before Lois starts adding up all the "special things" Clark has done and starts wondering aloud to him how he's able to do all that? Will he try to shut down her inquiries? If so, I doubt that would work. Will he then try to pull back on the relationship using the "long distance" excuse? And will Lois call his bluff? And will Lana intervene and threaten to murder him (again!) if he ruins the relationship? Will Cat encourage Lois to take a leave of absence and park herself in Clark's extra bedroom for a few weeks until he surrenders?

I haven't mentioned yet how much I enjoy the way you alternate the POV by chapter. We get Lois' thoughts, then Clark's thoughts, then Lois', then Clark's, and it's wonderful. You've found a sweet spot for this tale, and the narration is just about flawless. I don't dislike WAFFy tales, but I am enjoying the daylights out of this one. I'm very glad you two decided to post a chapter each day.

By the by, how is the next lengthy segment coming? Are y'all at least half-done with it yet? And will you start posting it the day after this one ends?

Please?!?

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! I love how cute they are. Reading this story melts me into a pile of goo and it’s a great place to be. I adore this version of Lois and Clark. It’s nice seeing them in a relationship that is not fraught with all the angst and drama of their get together in the series. I can’t wait for the next chapter! Thank you!

A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
So glad you are all enjoying melting into waffy piles of goo. It was so fun to create a universe where we skip so much of angst and drama and get right to the fun part of falling in love. You can see why Kathy and I call this universe our happy place.

We are nearing the end, but as you've all pointed out...there's still a lot of ground to cover, including the reveal of his secret.

Fear not! The second story in this series is complete and ready to be posted. It needs one good read through to look for any tiny last-minute edits and to make sure the chapter breaks are in the right places. It's a little longer than this story (153k words vs 132K words), and while it's still a major waff-fest, it also has more actual plot. We'll wait a couple weeks after finishing posting WITS to give people a chance to catch up or binge, and then we'll start posting it.

The third story in the series is plotted, but not written. It should be about half the length of the others, and really wraps everything up. Hopefully that will be finished shortly after we done posting story number two. I had planned to work on it while I was posting this one, but got distracted. (Blame Kathy! She unearthed some twenty year old fan vids I made for my only other long-term fandom and got me thinking I needed to write one last story for those characters. I'm on the very last chapter of that though, so I should be ready to dig back into this universe very soon!) As soon as three is finished, we'll start posting it. That is technically the last story in this series, but I wouldn't rule out future short stories set in the universe just to peek in on these characters we love so much!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
She took a few final strides, slowing down, and then bent over and placed her hands on her knees, panting.

“You aren’t even breathing hard!” she whined when she caught her breath. “How? That is so not fair.”

Clark, please be careful. When she eventually finds out about who you are and where you came from she'll remember how you nearly beat the pants off her. His students are a joy to read about, each taking strides to better themselves, whether its in college or working on the school newspaper. There are so many other people Lois and Clark interact with beside the usual suspects, thus creating a larger world for them to spend time with. Its great to see Smallville through other characters besides Martha, Jonathan and Wayne Irig. I like Clark's home, like the apartment in Metropolis it is a comfortable place to unwind after a busy day working with students.

So glad Lois did not read his journals! shock

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard