Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
One more day of camping! Much less weather drama yesterday, but I still can't wait to get home to my air conditioning.

Thanks for all birthday wishes!

I know everyone was hoping Clark would "cancel his flight" and stay in Metropolis, but hopefully you enjoy this instead. wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
This whole chapter is making me miss international travel! Getting the chance to see orangutans (well many other animal too) in their natural habitat is on my bucket list and it saddens me that at the rate we are going, the zoo will be the only place we get to see them.
I’ll get off my soap box now and get on with my love of this chapter! Disappointed that Clark didn’t change his plans, but so loving that he decided that he could not go without writing to her. Heart is totally melting here! Love that poem that you inserted and not just because it appeals to the military history buff in me, but also because it is true life does go on despite everything going on around you.
Looking forward to reading the next chapter and Lois’ reactions to the letters and postcards she’s receiving. Hoping that Clark has brought a camera with him because if I were where he is now, you wouldn’t get the camera out of my hands and dare we hope that he might stop off in Metropolis on his way back home?

Last edited by Crazy_Babe; 06/17/22 04:21 PM.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Loved this chapter. Lovely description of the jungle. And yay for Clark waiting to Lois. I hope he finds the courage to tell her his secret.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love that Clark wrote a letter to Lois and is sending her postcards. She’s going to be surprised. I also hope Clark finds the courage to tell Lois his secret and then he can take her to that island. I can’t wait for more! Thank you!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
This chapter was a wonderful addition to the story. Just what we needed. Experiencing the island adventures with Clark as he concurrently explores his intensifying feelings for Lois really highlights the developing romantic element to their relationship.

And the letter writing further perpetuates the old-world courtship style into their modern-day romance. I can’t help but think of the bundle of faded letters my mother kept throughout the 63 year marriage to my father! Just something that is frequently missing from our high tech, fast paced lives today.

Finally, thank you for sharing Clark’s POV--at just the perfect time and place--regarding my favorite comment from Lois in chapter 5.

And then, when he had stood in front of her and said he had heard she was looking for him, she had whispered, All my life,” and his heart had exploded.

It was that whispered confession, not meant for his ears, that had given him hope that she might feel the same things he did. It had given him the courage to call her, the drive to set up an email account to message her, the boldness to ask if he could visit her. And now he called on it again, to sustain him when he feared that the future he dreamed of with her could be his downfall.

P.S. I can’t wait to see the single sentence Clark actually wrote on the postcard from "her island".

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard