Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
The end. cry

Just kidding. We still have 26 parts to go.

New chapters daily now, since we decided there was no point in dragging it out.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
I love the last two chapters! I can’t wait to see how this story unwinds. They are so cute together. Maybe Clark will change his summer vacation plans and vacation in Metropolis. I’m very glad your Lois did not date or almost marry Luther. I’m very happy you’ll be posting a chapter every day! That’s great! Thank you and I can’t wait for tomorrow!

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Wow! This is so wonderful, I always knew Lois would love Clark’s travel stories. More please and ASAP

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks for the feedback! So glad you are enjoying it! The travel stories were a fun way for them to break the ice.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I’ve spent my whole life trying to prove myself,” she said, eyes pointed at the table where she toyed with the stem of her wine glass. Her voice was quieter now — less angry and a little sad. “I started out trying to prove myself to my father. In college I was constantly trying to prove myself to the upperclassmen and my professors. Then once I was working at The Planet, I had to prove myself to everyone in the newsroom. When I started at the paper as a research assistant, I was a twenty-year-old girl in a man’s world. When Perry promoted me to a reporter right after graduation, a lot of people were pissed. Most of them had risen through the ranks in smaller papers. They said I didn’t deserve the job. They called me his little pet.”

I too can imagine Lois fighting to make her way in a male-oriented newsroom. Chief's little pet? Hardly! No doubt they wanted to send her to the "Ladies Section" reporting on fashion shows and flower parties. Her talent and determination were 'coin of the realm'. This Lois is really smart, cool and vulnerable without having to deal with the problems of being Luthor's fiancé.

Oh if only we could all fly to far-flung exotic places! After spending six hours waiting for my flight, such a power would come in very handy indeed.

Reading this is so relaxing. Thanks for writing it. On to the next chapter.

Last edited by Morgana; 06/24/22 08:27 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard