Next Thread
Print Thread
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Well, they made it through dinner. Will sparks fly over drinks?

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Top Banana
Top Banana
I really enjoyed the conversation between Clark and Lois. Wide ranging topics, this was one of the reasons I believe Lois was attracted to Clark in the series. Lois and Clark could spend the night discussing a wide range of topics due to both of their eclectic interests, knowledge, and reading.

On to Chapter 4!!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Features Writer
*rubs hands*

Getting to know each other ^_^
And it's really neat to see how great a teach Clark is. It fits very very well.

C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love, love, love! Great to see Lois seeing Clark as he is

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Thanks so much for the feedback! We are so glad everyone is enjoying it!

Originally Posted by Blueowl
And it's really neat to see how great a teach Clark is. It fits very very well.

It perhaps has been pointed out to me that I have a thing for Clark as a teacher seeing as I wrote him as a high school English teacher in this story and a college Journalism professor in Come to Me. wink I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he would make a great teacher.

Originally Posted by Crazy_Babe
Great to see Lois seeing Clark as he is

I had to comment on this because it was a major motivating factor for writing this story. I had been thinking a lot about how blind Lois is to Clark in the early seasons. I had just finished writing Bring Me to Life -- my first TOGOM story -- in which Lois is furious with Superman because she claims he "dazzled" her and distracted her and made her miss her chance with Clark. And I kept wondering how things would be different without Superman to distract her. We already had a plan to write this A/U, and the two concepts really merged into one. This story is very much about Lois meeting Clark after he's matured and come into his own a little, and truly seeing him for who he is without any distractions or competition. I'm glad that's coming through so early and I hope you'll enjoy that theme as it progresses!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
AnnieM, I am deliberately trying not to read this story so I will have something cool to read on the plane. But I had to sneak read this part. Loving the mature interaction between Lois and Clark. His students are well-behaved and fun to listen to.

Lana Lang-Ross? Its going to take me a little bit of time to see her as a friend rather than a pain, but I am working on it!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard