Print Thread
#291850 05/19/22 09:18 AM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Looks like Lois isn't crazy after all. Clark really is Superman. wink And it's time for a road trip!

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Road trip karaoke is a real thing! Keep it up!

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Top Banana
Top Banana
I haven't read any story here in quite some time but when I saw this come across I decided to give it a try. Not disappointed at all. You seem to hit how intelligent people should react to situations, issues, and new (surprising) information perfectly especially how Lois is reacting to figuring out that Clark is really Superman. I eagerly await the next chapter.

Mike

Last edited by Mike M; 05/19/22 07:06 PM.

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Features Writer
Online Content
Features Writer
I really really love how we got to see her thought process and her beginning to realize the depth of the truth.
I also liked how she distracted him and understood why he was growing hesitant and nervous.
Looking forward to more! clap

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Echoing MikeM's comment, this is the way adults behave. Having so much fun reading this story!!!

“Me neither,” he replied, still not sure this wasn’t all a dream. He had been so amped last night when he left her apartment that he’d zipped off on a whirlwind shopping spree, gathering fresh ingredients and treats from some of his favorite markets and specialty shops around the globe. His bags were packed, and his refrigerator was stocked with food for their trip. All he needed to do was transfer the food to his cooler for the drive.

smile this is exactly how I behave when Ted and I get ready for a road trip! Gather supplies two days in advance, make everything and than pack the cooler. Of course, I can't fly all over the world, just to our favorite local shops.

“Anytime,” he said. She walked behind him, her hand sliding across his shoulder, and he was glad she couldn’t hear his heartbeat given the way it was racing over that simple touch.

The perfect way to describe a public, yet intimate touch.

Really enjoyed the daily workings of the newsroom. Not every story is front page worthy, sometimes a journalist has to look under several rocks before they can strike gold. In Lois and Clark's case the Sisters City story is just that filler fluff. Thankfully they got out of that meeting unscathed!

Whatever the case, before she could even launch into a full rundown of all the reasons they deserved to leave a couple hours early, he was waving her out of his office with a dismissive, “Get out of here, and take that partner of yours with you. When you get back on Monday I expect to see less mooning and more writing.”

Ah, what a Monday that will be. On to the next part!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard