Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is HERE.

FDK goes here. smile

Lots of thanks to KSaraSara for being my BR, and also for indirectly inspiring it with This is Not a Date. I got to thinking about what would happen in later episodes if Lois and Clark were married sooner than canon, and next thing I know, here we are. I hope yall enjoy!

Last edited by Queen of the Capes; 04/28/22 11:35 PM.

~•~
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Haha!! You’re very welcome! And I somehow missed that it was indirectly inspired by my last story. lol

YAY! This was a fantastic little plot bunny!! Here are my favorite bits (other than Martha yelling at him because… I love Martha!)

But, you know, ‘Til Death Do Us Part', and…well, here we are.”

I about died when I read this!! rotflol

She frowned. “Oh, are you calling Clark a sadist?”

The non-sequitur threw him. He shook his head. “What? I’m not—‘sadist’?! How on Earth do you figure that?”

And I LOVE when this happens! When he totally is responding “I am not!” In the wrong persona. I love it when it’s the revelation, especially, but clearly she already knows, so it’s not the revelation exactly. lol

And then there was WAFFY!!!! Ahhhhh, happy sigh!! The title had me dying just on its own when you mentioned this little plot bunny in discord, but I was very pleasantly surprised all around with this one!! clap

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
That's a fun reveal!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for another fun story. I'm glad you took that plot bunny in.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Talk to her, Son,” his father chided. “If there was ever going to be a right time, it’s now. She’s spent three days thinking her husband was shot dead in front of her; don’t let this go any further than it’s already gone.”

“Three days, Clark!” his mom echoed.

He sighed, slumping in defeat. “Okay, fine.”

Seriously? How could you be so mean Clark? Lois is right, if he pulls a stunt like this again he is a dead man! Totally surprised Jonathan didn't tan his hide like cheap leather! smile1

Great writing Queenie! Had me chuckling for quite a little bit.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Tragedy, suspense, comedy, romance… This short story has it all. Brava!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh Lord is Clark ever in trouble! He WILL be dead if he ever lies to Lois ever again. The fact that she was so relatively calm about things just shows how dangerously close Clark was to actually dying for real. Thanks for the fun, twisty little ficlet!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Well she made a believer out of me! Lois Lane is just sooo good when she is angry but manages to stay cool and focused under pressure. You nailed the best part of her character Queen. Not to mention, how well you captured the extreme lunkhead side of Clark!

Great story. Well-written. Love the fresh take on the evolution of their relationship. Makes me wish I could read the backstory that got them to this point.

Thanks for sharing.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!

Time for another one?
Does your wife know you’re still alive?”

So, this means he’s married to Lois, she doesn’t know, and they just met Al Capone.

Of course, it was all more complicated than they realized: even though Lois had chosen him over Luthor that day in the park
laugh A short Queenie on MLT's First Comes Marriage. Oooooh, nice!

she’d leave him.

That’s bleak. Are they completely married or is it just for the little green card? Because how does he not float?

CLARK: She’ll leave me. Why would I want to float?

She’s spent three days thinking her husband was shot dead in front of her; don’t let this go any further than it’s already gone.”

Yeah, he’s a dead man.

For a while, she stared at him. Then, a smile slowly curved across her face. “Oh, please do. In fact…” She stepped forward. “I was hoping you’d drop by.”

/Blinks/ Is the new widow going for the alien?

But, you know, ‘Til Death Do Us Part', and…well, here we are.”

Yep. She’s going through her rolodex.

/Psst/ She’s already figured it out and is messing with him.

TEMPUS: That’s…that’s just … sick!

“People get married for lots of reasons, Superman. What makes you think I miss him?”

Oh yeah, she’s way mad.

She frowned. “Oh, are you calling Clark a sadist?”

Turnabout!

until finally it dawned on me that there hadn’t been any blood!”

He was holding it in to keep the scene PG.

“I married you…because I didn’t want to lose you.” Clark stared at her.

Oops?

So, I picked the lesser evil, and here we are.”

Awww, lesser evil being a few happy months instead of losing him immediately.

Much to his surprise, she chuckled. “Clark, you are such a…a lunkhead!”

Trademarked and all.

“Don’t ever do that to me again.”

So, what if she gets hit on the noggin and Dr. Deter recommends Clark not tell her about her life before?

“If you ever leave me like that again, you’re a dead man!”
rotflol
The most adorable little tale! I do wonder if Lois risked phoning the Kents. But I guess not, if she figured that Clark might be there and could overhear.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard