Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So this one just popped into my head without warning. I hadn't even listened to the Avenue Q soundtrack in forever, but the song just came to mind and the muse was like "We're using this."

Avenue Q is basically an extremely adult Sesame Street, complete with puppets. It's hilarious! (This song is pretty much the only PG one in the entire show.)

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Nicely done. Love how the story works so well with the lyrics.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by scifiJoan
Nicely done. Love how the story works so well with the lyrics.

Thank you, Joan! Glad you liked it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Good job! I enjoyed reading Lois's thoughts. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark is a lunkhead.
It makes me wonder, honestly, if my safety actually is his reason for this one-sided desire to be apart. Sure, he’s gone into full “nanny mode” since I let him know that I realized what it was that he was hiding from me. But maybe there’s something more. Something deeper. Something that has more to do with his own, personal insecurities than whether or not he can manage to keep me alive long enough to draw from Social Security.

Lois is an investigative reporter, danger is her business! Clark knew that the day they met.

He may have drawn some fine lines in the sand, but I’ve never met a line I haven’t been willing to cross or been able to erase.

D.C. There is so much great writing in this fic I had trouble picking out the best line of all. The above is it! Lois, go get your man.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Good job! I enjoyed reading Lois's thoughts. smile

Thanks, so glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Clark is a lunkhead.
It makes me wonder, honestly, if my safety actually is his reason for this one-sided desire to be apart. Sure, he’s gone into full “nanny mode” since I let him know that I realized what it was that he was hiding from me. But maybe there’s something more. Something deeper. Something that has more to do with his own, personal insecurities than whether or not he can manage to keep me alive long enough to draw from Social Security.

Lois is an investigative reporter, danger is her business! Clark knew that the day they met.

He may have drawn some fine lines in the sand, but I’ve never met a line I haven’t been willing to cross or been able to erase.

D.C. There is so much great writing in this fic I had trouble picking out the best line of all. The above is it! Lois, go get your man.

Thanks, Morgana! Glad you enjoyed it! I usually don't do song inspired fics this way, but the lyrics were just too perfect!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I remember being devastated by this episode the first time I watched it. Very nicely done, Deadly Chakram!!

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Fantastic job in aligning your story with the song. It was perfect!

I generally don’t like to read stories that are totally introspection. But you did such a great job with this inner dialogue. It feels like you captured Lois Lane at her finest! I could clearly visualize her actions/expressions as these thoughts were running through her head!

It was amazing to listen in as Lois attacked this intense personal situation like she dug into a story. She logically reasoned her way through the anger, hurt and grief while weighing options and consequences. I’m not surprised that she considered walking away from the matter entirely. And who can blame her.

I can’t make sense of it, no matter how many mental gymnastics I perform.

IMO, this was one of the dumbest moves Clark ever made! huh

I appreciated the maturity Lois demonstrated here that we didn’t really see in the TV episode. She appears to be completely honest with herself as she decides what she really wants. And, rather than using her anger/rage as a weapon that results in damage to herself and/or others; she harnesses those emotions with her stubborn determination and independent, confident self to formulate a plan.

And who knows? Maybe I’ll triumphantly win him back. Maybe I’ll lose him forever, another spectacular federal disaster to add to my collection. I won’t know unless I try.

I don’t intend to lose him.

I. Am. Mad. Dog. Lane.

I’ll get him back or I’ll die trying.

Because even after all he’s put me through, he’s worth the effort.

And, more importantly, I am worth the effort.

There is no doubt in this readers mind, that your Lois Lane will be victorious! Thank you for this well written tale. I enjoyed it very much.

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
BTW, if your muse is so inclined, I would love to see Mad Dog Lane execute her plan to "get him back or die trying" smile1

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Superjan
I remember being devastated by this episode the first time I watched it. Very nicely done, Deadly Chakram!!

Thanks so much, Jan! I remember getting so mad at that episode when it aired on TV for the first time too. But not half as mad as I was when Clark left for NK and we had the whole summer to agonize over his decision! rotflol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
Fantastic job in aligning your story with the song. It was perfect!

I generally don’t like to read stories that are totally introspection. But you did such a great job with this inner dialogue. It feels like you captured Lois Lane at her finest! I could clearly visualize her actions/expressions as these thoughts were running through her head!

It was amazing to listen in as Lois attacked this intense personal situation like she dug into a story. She logically reasoned her way through the anger, hurt and grief while weighing options and consequences. I’m not surprised that she considered walking away from the matter entirely. And who can blame her.

I can’t make sense of it, no matter how many mental gymnastics I perform.

IMO, this was one of the dumbest moves Clark ever made! huh

I appreciated the maturity Lois demonstrated here that we didn’t really see in the TV episode. She appears to be completely honest with herself as she decides what she really wants. And, rather than using her anger/rage as a weapon that results in damage to herself and/or others; she harnesses those emotions with her stubborn determination and independent, confident self to formulate a plan.

And who knows? Maybe I’ll triumphantly win him back. Maybe I’ll lose him forever, another spectacular federal disaster to add to my collection. I won’t know unless I try.

I don’t intend to lose him.

I. Am. Mad. Dog. Lane.

I’ll get him back or I’ll die trying.

Because even after all he’s put me through, he’s worth the effort.

There is no doubt in this readers mind, that your Lois Lane will be victorious! Thank you for this well written tale. I enjoyed it very much.

Hi Penny, so glad you liked it! I'll admit that I enjoy hacking into the minds of various characters from time to time. It's just so much fun! Glad Lois sounds authentic to you. I hadn't done as much introspective from her POV as some of the other characters and it was a fun change of pace to delve into her mind.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Penny_Lane
BTW, if your muse is so inclined, I would love to see Mad Dog Lane execute her plan to "get him back or die trying" smile1

Hahaha! I never say no to possible sequels/spinoffs! It all comes down to what the muse demands I write. lol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
There's a fine, fine line between a lover and a friend.
But etched in stone, as far as Lois is concerned.

There's a fine, fine line between reality and pretend.
This one’s more a trace of dirt on a window. Brushed away at the first opportunity.

He dumped me. Clark. He dumped me.
For her own good. Never forget that.

Maybe. It’s literally in my job description to do so.
Checks contract: no, neither the before-Luthor nor the post-Luthor contract states undue risks should be taken.

And the dangers he and I have faced haven’t been any more or less deadly or dire since he was forced to come clean about his penchant for flying around in Spandex. Perhaps different in some ways, maybe even more unique, but certainly not more frequent or more concerning.
laugh

well, I can’t say I would have done things all that differently if I’d been in his shoes. I’d want that peace of mind too.
That’s why she’d sicc’d Cat on Clark all the time, right?

There's a fine, fine line between love And a waste of time.
clap
Applies to Superman, too.

now that I’m once again relegated to being “just a friend.” Friend. Ugh.
He friend-zoned her.

Then he dumped me. Tore my heart out and crushed it beneath his heel. Left without letting me argue my side of things. Made the decision for both of us without even stopping to wonder what it is that I wanted. He wasted my time and his, and for what? Nothing but heartache and regret for losing what might have been.
Things you get for keeping it casual, for 100.

There's a fine, fine line between a fairy tale and a lie. And there's a fine, fine line between "You're wonderful" and "Goodbye."
Yeah, the second one, normally not so much.

But to go from acting like I’m the center of his universe to this? I can’t make sense of it, no matter how many mental gymnastics I perform.
Let’s try the metaphor about a star going nova and then collapsing into a black hole. Doesn’t take long at all.

I guess if someone doesn't love you back It isn't such a crime. But there's a fine, fine line between love And a waste of your time.
Oh, now I get it. That’s the lyrics.

I started to wonder if I was giving out some sort of signal to the universe. “Hey, send more men I can’t trust!”
Lois performs an invaluable service to womankind: she’s a lightning rod for scumbags.

So…what now? What am I supposed to do? Where do I go from here?
Investigate. Trap. Drag off to lair.

Just walk away from the wreckage of my shattered hopes and murdered dreams.
Great writing.

A toddler. That’s what he reminds me of right now. The bratty kind who can’t stand the thought of someone playing with his beloved toy, so he breaks it. And then cries because his favorite toy is broken.
clap but unlike a toddler, Clark could use a good spanking. She should pull his spandex down and go to town.

Why do his so-called needs – and I’m not entirely convinced being apart from me is an actual need – outweigh mine?
Well, he needs to keep her safe so he needs to stay away from her. Hmm…no, doesn't get any more sensible either.

. It’s Clark or no one at all.
What about Alt-Clark?

clap

That’s some mighty fine recovery/training montage.

IMO, this was one of the dumbest moves Clark ever made!
What about during the Argh? Letting her go with Lex? Letting her go with Deter.

This was a great ride!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard