Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Fic is here.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Perfect. This short story captures so many facets of Clark's life. He lives and works with people but is still isolated from them. He works with Lois and Perry, but his 'other job' causes problems, some easily recoverable others not so much so. He is in a shroud of silence.

Lois had remained distant as they’d worked on their story. He’d hoped she would have been animated as this was the result of their investigation which had brought to light the Governor’s husband’s offshore business, exposing his tax evasion and infidelity. Instead, she’d remained quiet, professional, avoiding any attempt by him to lighten the mood, or encourage any dinner plans after work.

There's a lot going on with this simple sentence. What an intense investigation that must have been! Unfortunately Clark and Lois cannot celebrate because of the growing rift between them. Another layer to their personal Sound of Silence.

Will Clark tell Lois sooner rather than later or will that rift grower wider and stronger? Only time will tell.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Loved it. Short but impactful, really highlighting Clark's growing issue with his secret. And the comparison to cancer - very on point. Well done!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What a powerful little story. I loved it and I think you captured the song quite well. It's always been one of my favorites.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Great little story. Love how you handle Clark's dilemma, Knowing that he is only making things worse, yet to afraid to break the cycle.

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oh wow!! Such a great little story!! I actually have the Disturbed version on my “soundtrack” for my longer-term WIP! It’s beautiful.

The distinct possibility she would never forgive him stopped him every time.

Perfect line! Because… that’s the whole reason. Once he trusts her and knows her well enough to know she won’t print it… he just can’t because he can’t fathom losing her. mecry

It was beautiful above the clouds, joylessly so, as it reminded him of his loneliness.

The whole story is so beautifully written, but this line is just… phenomenal.

Well done!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Toomi!

Set in season two, before TOGOM.
So, I’m guessing ‘before’ means it starts before Clark gets shot and then there’s silence.

and unless he consciously dimmed them, as he was doing now, the sounds of the vibrant city below could easily be heard thanks to his super-hearing.
He really should consider selling his services to an intelligence agency or some other institution mandated to ferret out the truth.

Lois had refused to bring an umbrella. So he had.
Otherwise it would have been Wet Poodle Lane, and the last time this happened, the whole newsroom complained about the smell of wet dog.

hold her notebook with the other, and magically hold an umbrella, she had curtly reminded him
Maybe STAR Labs could build her either a back bag umbrella or an umbrella drone with auto-homing on a locator beacon she carries.

Even though her notebook had been soaking wet, and her pencil making holes in the sodden pages as she tried to write
They could get her waterproof pen and notebook.

claiming it was obscuring her line of sight, as well as her hand when she raised it for a question.
Transparent and maybe a signal light on the top she can turn on?

getting his head bitten off after suggesting they head to her place so she could change.
CLARK: That’s why she has a change of clothes at the office. Even if that's all the way across town.

Governor’s husband’s offshore business, exposing his tax evasion and infidelity.
Caiman account in the mistress’s name?

something happened to him that he couldn’t cover up with a poorly worded lie,
So, oops?

The longer he waited, the worse it would be, but for now, her ignorance fed his delusion that it would be ok, he could be forgiven.
clap

That’s a very poignant preamble to a wellknown tale smile1

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard