Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
See? Sometimes my muse can be humorous!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Excellent! clap
So good to see my other favorite couple! And *of course* Selina would interpret "forbidden and locked away" as an invitation. wink

~•~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Excellent! clap
So good to see my other favorite couple! And *of course* Selina would interpret "forbidden and locked away" as an invitation. wink

Of course she would! Plus, all that security just BEGGING her to test her skill! Thanks for reading and glad you enjoyed it! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Selena shrugged, her earlier horror and confusion replaced by casual confidence. “It’s not his fault. He actually had it in a really secure vault. Child’s play for a former master cat burglar like myself, but then again, I was always a cut above the rest.”

Lois shook her head. “Well, this has certainly been an interesting evening so far,” she quipped.

Bruce nodded. “So it would seem. I apologize. This is not how I envisioned this night would go. Still, no harm done, right, Clark?”

Clark good-naturedly rolled his eyes. “Nothing wounded except for my pride.” He shook his head. “Come on. We’re going to be late for our dinner reservation.”

NOTHING is more enticing to a former cat burglar than a challenge. One which Selena handled with her usual style. wink

Honestly, I would expect nothing less from this foursome! Well done!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Selena shrugged, her earlier horror and confusion replaced by casual confidence. “It’s not his fault. He actually had it in a really secure vault. Child’s play for a former master cat burglar like myself, but then again, I was always a cut above the rest.”

Lois shook her head. “Well, this has certainly been an interesting evening so far,” she quipped.

Bruce nodded. “So it would seem. I apologize. This is not how I envisioned this night would go. Still, no harm done, right, Clark?”

Clark good-naturedly rolled his eyes. “Nothing wounded except for my pride.” He shook his head. “Come on. We’re going to be late for our dinner reservation.”

NOTHING is more enticing to a former cat burglar than a challenge. One which Selena handled with her usual style. wink

Honestly, I would expect nothing less from this foursome! Well done!

Thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it and that it rang true for you!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I must admit, it took me a moment to understand what had happened!

Good job, though! Great idea for a response to the challenge smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
I must admit, it took me a moment to understand what had happened!

Good job, though! Great idea for a response to the challenge smile

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

Thanks, Anna! Glad you enjoyed it - and the confusion was definitely intentional! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Starting of without introductions gives it a nice twist. At first i though it was Clark talking about Lois wearing the necklace. And to be honest Lois is perfectly capable of pulling this kind of stunt.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
See? Sometimes my muse can be humorous!

Yep here is the proof, good enough for print.

Originally Posted by Deadly Chakram
Clark shrugged easily, already looking back to normal. “So…I mean…a necklace? Really? Not very manly of you, Bruce,” he teased.

Bruce laughed. “It seemed…more surefire than a weapon that could easily miss you. Uh, provided I could get close enough to you.

Great little fic, thank you

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thank you, Captainscout, for the kind words. Glad you enjoyed the story. I'll admit that I do like to throw a little deception once in a while. You're right, Lois is also of the of the mindset of "don't touch" means "I must immediately touch it." lol

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi Vicki!

Necklace stories? My mind goes to the Affair of the Diamond Necklace.
He told her to never wear the necklace.
Green K stones?
Memory of Claude?
Pearls and he doesn’t want the Batman Jinx?

Author’s Note: This is in response to Kerth Challenge #1, which had the prompt of “He told her to never wear the necklace.”
Ahhhhh!

He told her to never wear the necklace. But she hadn’t listened. And now a man was dying because of her defiance.
Lex gave Lois a Green K necklace.

Also, there is certainly a lot of death. /Makes note of Red Hering for Guess the Author/

And even though she was his wife now, given her history, he hadn’t been entirely sure he could trust her with the knowledge of what powers the necklace held.
I’m sticking with Lex because I’m stubborn and Clark would never be *this* stupid, right? Right? Oh what am I saying!

He should have known that simply forbidding her from wearing it would draw her like a moth to a flame. If his friend died because of his mistake…
Wait a second! Bruce and Selina? With Clark still being the one dying? Yes!

Ugh! Why couldn’t she have been content with all of the other jewels he’d given her? Why did she feel the need to touch the one, single piece that was off limits?
CATWOMAN: Meow?

The poor man was curled in a fetal position, groaning and writhing in agony on the floor while his horrified wife was distraught.
clap

His wife flinched and shrank back as the two of them nearly tackled her in their haste.
Okay, not Selina. Probably Vicki Vale, then.

“Selena didn’t know any better. I should have told her what that necklace was capable of.”
/Squints/

“You made a necklace out of Kryptonite?”
Yes, on a manly leather strap, so he can wear it on fight night.

“So…I mean…a necklace? Really? Not very manly of you, Bruce,” he teased.
/Points at gold-chain covered gangstas/
BATMAN: Oh, breakfast! /Beat/ I see your point.

But if you want, I can have a whole slew of other things made
How about kryptonite inlays for the batcrest on his chest? When he goes up against Superman, he will be bathed in sickening green light.

“It’s not his fault. He actually had it in a really secure vault.
laugh

“Come on. We’re going to be late for our dinner reservation.” The End.
How long until he is invulnerable again? Because they could get robbed and Clark and Lois could get shot in a Gotham alley. And if they do survive, will he be able to take flight again already?

Cute superbat! This was great fun and misdirection clap

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Totally cool DC!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Totally cool DC!

Thanks, Morgana! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard