Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sorry for the depressing fic. Clark's just happy it's not him that I'm torturing for a change.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
Wow, that was quite intense. Poor Jimmy, he finally found his great love after so many missteps, only to lose her at his highest Moment. After having read several fics of you, I can't help but get the Impression you love to torture your characters the one way or another, though.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
Wow, that was quite intense. Poor Jimmy, he finally found his great love after so many missteps, only to lose her at his highest Moment. After having read several fics of you, I can't help but get the Impression you love to torture your characters the one way or another, though.

Um, yeah, my muse is a little guilty of that. She gets a kick out of drama/angst sometimes. (I do enjoy when she gives me some comedic material.) Thanks for reading! smile

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awww, poor Jimmy!!

I must say, knowing what the challenge was about, and with you describing all the great things that Jimmy had going on, I got such a huge feeling of dread! When Caitlin was mentioned, I started thinking she'd refuse his proposal.

And then you mentioned the motorbike, and I was like "oh no... oh no..."

Excellently done! Though again, poor Jimmy!!

Keep writing!
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
Awww, poor Jimmy!!

I must say, knowing what the challenge was about, and with you describing all the great things that Jimmy had going on, I got such a huge feeling of dread! When Caitlin was mentioned, I started thinking she'd refuse his proposal.

And then you mentioned the motorbike, and I was like "oh no... oh no..."

Excellently done! Though again, poor Jimmy!!

Keep writing!
AnnaBtG.

Thanks, Anna! I was actually hoping people would begin to think Caitlin would say No to Jimmy's proposal, so that the accident would be more of a shock. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for reading!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

Just to avoid confusion: I walked into this without knowing about any Kerth Challenges etc, so no idea what was going on/going to happen.

As he’d hoped, his photos chronicling Superman diverting the lava as the volcano raged behind him had won him his first award of the night.
So, some years down the road?

And his depressing, yet eye-opening expose on the life-stealing effects of the Metamide drug had earned him his second award.
That’s the Mentamide 5 isn’t it? So, alternate timeline?

His Op-Ed against Wayne Industries
Yeah, alt universe it is.

had lost to a passionate piece calling for baby changing stations in men’s restrooms, so that dads could be equally comfortable and involved in their parenting duties. Jimmy thought the author definitely had made good points
Some unknown up-start from Kansas?

Bruce Wayne was Gotham’s Golden Boy and respected by people around the globe for his donations to charities, including the Superman Foundation.
Unless, has Bruce Wayne been adopted? And the unnamed author is female?

As much as he didn’t really trust any billionaires in the wake of what he’d seen Lex Luthor do,
Okay, some things are still normal. I’m just hoping that Jimmy didn’t take the death of his fiancé too much to heart. Nobody looked into Lex until they discover the truth. Jimmy can’t expect himself to discover what the guy he’s planning spending his life with is doing during the long days at the office.

He felt the weight of the ring box pressed against his heart as the snug leather jacket hugged his chest.
Aww, he’s already got a new darling picked out!

eager to see his fiancée-to-be.
/psst/ guys are single-E wink
laugh

When he arrived at Metropolis General, Caitlin was waiting outside for him.
Caitlin Snow? Or Caitlin Tully?

He felt her arms tighten around his chest as he put the bike in gear and merged into the city’s incessant traffic.
Will she feel the ring box in his breast pocket?

He even saw Lois and Clark chatting with Linda King just to the side of the doors.
shock for all three of them. How do they fit into this alt universe where Bruce Wayne is an adopted Kryptonian who moonlights as a superhero, Clark doesn’t exist and Lois is the new upstart getting the stories that Jimmy misses?

What happened next remained forever fractured in his mind; just a series of still images and disjointed feelings like puzzle pieces
Crash? Dead almost-fiancée? help

All-encompassing blackness where the world completely faded away, leaving him in an endless void. When the world came back into view, it was unfocused. Images were blurry and the sounds were muted, as if trying to make it through a thick layer of cotton wool before they reached him.
Given the neonatal wing mention from earlier, did Jimmy just get reincarnated and we’re having newborn senses?

“Jimmy…” There was a subtle warning tone in Clark’s voice. “You might be hurt. You shouldn’t move until the paramedics arrive and check you over.”
So, x-ray?

As he said this, he almost imperceptibly slid his glasses down his nose for a heartbeat or two, before he pushed them back into place.
Huh. Odd gesture. Am wondering what the author is trying to communicate here. huh
laugh

“I think your leg might be broken,” Clark murmured,
Oh? Is the tibia sticking out of the pants the dead give-away or the fact that Jimmy is able to inspect his shoe’s underside without turning his head?

Tears stung his eyes and he blinked rapidly. “Dead?” he managed to squeak out.
We’re not sure yet. Her head’s over there. We also found 1.5 of her 2 arms but we’re still looking for the torso so we can check for a heartbeat.

“I’ll kill the man who did this!” Jimmy swore, grinding his teeth against the primal scream that wanted to tear his throat apart.
Won’t help. He was just a minion, hired by Lex’s estate to make Jimmy suffer.

Like my heart’s been ripped to shreds,” he finally answered.
So, pretty much like Caitlin’s?

How do I go on from here? I never wanted to live my life without her.”
We have cloning, ghosts with unfished business and soul transfers. Plus, the reincarnated 1920’s gangsters with intact memories. I’m sure we could whip something up?

It feels like…like all the happiness I experienced with her was an illusion. Borrowed in a way.
/Points at the title/

He was just glad he had his friends to help him get there.
The End.
Sad. Well-written and sad.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard