Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
This one got away from me! lol But I had so much fun writing it. Please let me know what you think!

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Great story! Love how you handled the reveal.

Joan

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Really loved this ^_^
And the SuperCon was really great. Your approach to Lois' view of Superman was very refreshing and made a lot of sense. I'm glad Clark discovered it the way he did, and the reveal ... So -so- perfect sloppy

I was grinning like a crazy person while reading most of this cool

Thanks for sharing.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! hyper clap notworthy

I definitely enjoyed this! It's sweet and steamy and I absolutely loved it to bits!! Thank you so much!!! sloppy

"This is a weird country, Clark! There, I said it. They look just like us, but their milk is in bags, their signs are in French when nobody speaks it, their donut holes are named after bits of dead hockey player, and they have a store that sells both taxidermy and cheese. They're just...weird."

rotflol

I used to live in Niagara Falls, NY, and even on the US side, there's a Tim Hortons on just about every corner. This was such a fun visit to our "Friendly neighbors to the north", and it also brought back a few fond memories besides. smile Also, nice touch on Superman/Clark being "half Canadian"; Joe Shuster would surely approve. XD

Ah, I just love this fic so much! Thank you!!!

~•~
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
To echo Blueowl...........This was just "So -so- perfect!" Loved everything about it. Thank you!

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
scifiJoan — thanks for the feedback! I definitely loved this revelation too. I had three potential ones in my pocket, waiting until I actually wrote up until that point… and this is the one that fit the best and just gave me all the feels. So I’m glad you liked it! laugh

Blueowl — I love to hear that you were grinning like a crazy person while reading—such wonderful feedback! love And about Lois, yes!! When I started coming back into the fandom, I started with re-reading old favorite fics, started writing, and did a rewatch of the entire series. And on the rewatch, I was again struck by just how much Lois is responsible for Superman, from simple things like “Superman wouldn’t cheat at poker” to more serious stuff like not giving up on him in the heat wave and letting him know that what he *can* do is enough. There’s so much that she does to help build his foundation and guideposts as Superman. So I was really happy to have that aspect come out this story! smile

Queen — YAY! I’m so happy that you liked it! And thanks for your patience in waiting so long for it. lol As for that line you quoted, that credit goes entirely to lovetvfan! She wrote so many great lines for me when she was helping me brainstorm. She was also super fanatical about having me include the “half-Canadian” trivia. I really couldn’t have accomplished this fic without her. And a big thanks to you for wording that prompt in such a way that my brain went wonky and took it and ran! I had so much fun writing it and love this version of L&C a ton! love

Penny_Lane — Thanks for reading and for the feedback! I’m so thrilled that you enjoyed it. And “so -so- perfect!” is high praise indeed! love

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
Wow, that's a fascinating concept for a reveal and the use of Superman as unwilling matchmaker...sort of.. Haha! I had a dumb smile on my face all the time while reading the last chapters and likely irritated some of the People around me in the Train. I can totally see how such a Supercon would be an awkward thing for Clark. It's almost a pity that we didn't get him taking part at the costume contest or at one of the discussion tables. :-) Thanks for this fun and touching Story.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Oh, I’m so glad you liked it! And lol at smiling so much the people on the train were likely affected. lol That’s a fantastic compliment! love

There has been a bit of a request for me to write the story where they go to WorldCon…so we’ll see if it happens. wink

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
This is great, really love it.

You pretty much cover all aspects and issues of their growing relationship, directly and indirectly. And the revelation without complications, angry rants or guilt trips. Just Clark being remorseful for underestimating Lois.

Lois insights into superman is what is often overlooked, considering how intelligent she is. In my mind she has been holding herself back, not asking questions or confronting superman in order to prove that she can be trusted. She is waiting for Superman to trust her and share himself with her when he is ready.

The only thing missing is Lois bursting into laughter again when she realizes that Clark has been jealous of himself.

Looking forward to a story about WorldCon, I can just imagine Lois being a minx and constantly trying to distract or embarrass the guest of honour.

K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Captainscout — Thank you so much for the feedback! I definitely fell in love with this version of L&C SO MUCH as I was writing it. I’m very much all about Lois’ insights into Superman, and it’s something that REALLY captured my attention when I dove back into fandom and rewatched the series last year. SHE is just as much, if not more, responsible for creating Superman. And I love your idea that she’s really just holding back and waiting for him to be ready. I like stories that do that—I think Sue S.’ Proof series does this!

And oops I missed out on that great opportunity for laughter! LOL And yeah… people keep requesting WorldCon, so it’s looking more and more likely. If it happens, we’ll see what I can do about getting that jealous of himself laughter in teh story somewhere. wink And I LOVE that idea of her distracting him. Hahaha!

Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

Sara smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard