T
Story is here.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwww! clap

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, I can relate to Lois. I know if several songs that annoy me and usually are played to death around a certain time of the year - It's not Christmas, though.

I'm glad Lois finally got to enjoy the song. And hopefully there are going to be some mistletoes left.

Great story

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
I knew I'd enjoy this story from the moment I saw the title, lol!

It was great! Very fun and just the WAFFy ending we needed! Also, I love that song, call me cheesy, but I do, and I loved how you incorporated it!

Great work, keep it up!

AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
What a sweet ending. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I say this as someone who is not usually fond of song fics.

Well done. smile

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by bakasi
Oh, I can relate to Lois. I know if several songs that annoy me and usually are played to death around a certain time of the year - It's not Christmas, though.

I'm glad Lois finally got to enjoy the song. And hopefully there are going to be some mistletoes left.

Great story

I'm curious... what song?

Thanks for reading!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Anna B. the Greek
I knew I'd enjoy this story from the moment I saw the title, lol!

It was great! Very fun and just the WAFFy ending we needed! Also, I love that song, call me cheesy, but I do, and I loved how you incorporated it!

Great work, keep it up!

AnnaBtG.

I don't mind that song either, though it generally is played to death along with a handful of other Christmas songs. It just happened that the Mariah Carey version was released shortly before Seasons Greedings was aired... to convenient an opportunity to miss!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
What a sweet ending. I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and I say this as someone who is not usually fond of song fics.

Well done. smile

Thank you!

I am not good at song fics generally, though this one was easy to do!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, the song I absolutely hate is “Viva Colonia“ by a band called “De Höhner“, that translates to “the chickens“. You just can't escape it during carnival season. And even outside of that time it's pretty much omnipresent with everything related to the city of Cologne. Sort of like a Hymne. It's an earworm of the evilest kind. wink

Song

Last edited by bakasi; 12/28/21 01:37 PM.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Very cute and sweet!!! love

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Tommi!

‘Santa Claus won’t make me happy with a toy on Christmas Day…”
No, that’s perfectly innocent. Not a sequel to “I saw Mommy kissing Santa tonight” at all.

What had possessed her to change the normally wildly irritating, blaring, alarm, to the radio? Awakening to Christmas music was not soothing; the incessant honking of the alarm was preferable.
Maybe she hoped to wake up to a Superman rescue? Which means she slept through the story, so … not a good way to wake up either.

Couldn’t the world wait until December 1st before force feeding everyone Christmas cheer, she grumbled as she retreated to the bathroom.
Nope, sorry. Starts right after Thanksgiving. evil

“Now, darlin, you know you have to use up some of your vacation. You were supposed to be off from Thanksgiving until today…”
I can relate!

“I took Thanksgiving off. I sat at home all day,” eating junk food and watching movies, she thought to herself.
clap

Perry began to back away from the desk, hands up in defeat. “You need to take vacation sometime, Lois. Try to use some before I have to force you to again.”
She could get kidnapped! That way she’s not doing any work.
PERRY: I’ve had too many overtime reports filed by her when she was kidnapped during an investigation to believe that one.

She needed coffee and a place to think where she wasn’t surrounded by Christmas cheer.
Good luck with that.

She stood abruptly, and instantly noticed several young women approach their table.
She been hogging the prime cheer spot?

Frustrated, she turned off the television, and picked up her book, a murder mystery, something decidedly not Christmas related.
The suspect, an elderly gentleman by the name of Nicholas S…

Even Clark hadn’t snagged a Superman exclusive in over a week, which was quite unusual for him.
Not wanting to outmaneuver Lois?

He could use a good, classy, tie or two.
laugh

Did people actually stand under mistletoe and wait to be kissed? What a ridiculous idea!
What if she placed one over the window?

Who would she wait for, she thought idly? Just for a moment she imagined putting a sprig of mistletoe up and watching to see what Clark would do when he came over next. Wait. Clark?
clap Freudian slip, huh?

She quickly closed the window to keep the warm air inside,
Uh-huh…

“The super, important gift you had to rush off and buy? Where is it? Who is it for?” “Uh, Secret Santa.” She raised an eyebrow in skepticism. “The Secret Santa we haven’t signed up for yet?”
laugh

She could get a turkey, and do an actual Christmas dinner, as the Planet had run several holiday themed articles over the last week, two of them complete with instructions on cooking turkey.
Yes, but are they lane-proof?

Maybe he could come over tonight and help her eat leftovers, watch a movie, and they could curl up on the couch.
I think her daydreams are getting more and more…cozy.

news crew had finished setting up a few minutes before and was now broadcasting live when she heard the familiar sound of Superman’s arrival.
See? You just need to put it in the live news and the flamboyant attention hog shows right up and saves the day. Even if he has been in Smallville just minutes earlier…

He smiled at her, the smile that normally made her weak in the knees. She felt her pulse quicken, but could only think of Clark’s bright smile.
I really do like this subtle progression!

Very quietly, as she approached the door to let Clark in, she finished the chorus. ‘All I want for Christmas, is you.’ Maybe it wasn’t such an annoying song after all.
Awwwwwwww….

Thanks for that fun story!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard