Pulitzer
Please leave a review

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

Thank you. I love your story so far, and I am thrilled at getting an extra gift in that it is a two-parter.

You captured Martha’s voice quite well. And if she ever wanted to take on a new job, she would make a great lawyer. I would not want to have to argue a case against her.

I laughed aloud at your tie pun. Bravo.

I’ve lost count of the number of revelation stories I have read, but your setup is truly unique. I could easily see Martha giving Clark the metaphorical kick in the pants to get him to spill his secret, but as far as I know, you are the first to have her do so.

I eagerly await part two.

Joy,
Lynn

K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Oooh!! I love this! My favorite parts were Martha's little rant at Clark and then the almost-kiss!! I'm definitely looking forward to reading the rest!!! smile1

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Part 2 is up

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
Yay!!! So waffy! I loved it!!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I just finished reading part 2. It was exactly what I needed after a rough couple of days. So WAFFY.

Clarks arguments with himself in the second through fourth paragraphs were powerful. I especially liked the idea that telling her his secret "almost seemed bigger than asking her to be his wife." I've never seen it put that way before, but it makes complete sense.

I enjoyed Martha's little nudge with the hot chocolate. Giving L&C a delicious treat while also giving Clark a not-so-subtle-to-him reminder is such a Martha thing to do.

Bu the way, I noticed that the last line contained the phrase "final piece of the puzzle." Did you know I actually wrote a story called The Final Piece of the Puzzle? I couldn't tell whether your inclusion of that phrase was a subtle nod to my story (since you did write this story for me) or whether it was simply a delightful coincidence. Either way, I was especially appreciative of your wording in the story's last sentence.

Thank you for a fun story that satisfied my prompts and that brought a smile to my face.

Joy,
Lynn

bakasi Online Content OP
Pulitzer
OP Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you very much for your feedback, KSaraSara and Lynn. I'm glad you liked this little piece of fluff.

@Lynn: The final sentence wasn't a nod to one of your stories. Just a coincidence, I'm afraid.

Thank you both so much for reading and reviewing.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Barbara,

Serendipity strikes. smile Thanks again for a delightful story and for starting and running the whole ficathon.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Barbara!

“If you’d asked me a week ago, I wouldn’t have expected to ever see this place again.”
I was trying to place it the whole time. Car means Lois isn’t in on the secret. (Psst, don’t tell her there’s a secret!). Season Two is taken because of the Christmas Dinner, unless you do a rewrite.

“If you’d asked me a week ago, I wouldn’t have expected to ever see this place again.”[…] “I guess I am. Let’s just hope I don’t end up insulting your parents again.”
This sounds like Season One.

“What I don’t understand is why you asked me to spend Christmas with you and your folks. Shouldn’t you have asked Mayson?”
Whoops. Rewrite it is!

It really couldn’t be more obvious that his Mom understood a lot more about relationships than he did.
MARTHA: No, it’s not that complicated an answer. Jonathan dropped him on his head when he was little.

Clark decided to settle for an innocuous answer. “I’m not in love with Mayson, if that’s what you think.
Yeah, that answer will help with Lois’s skittishness. Goes on weekend trip with woman he doesn’t love.

He heaved a small sigh, realizing that he should probably have that conversation with Mayson rather than Lois. But that was another can of worms he yet had to open. And he didn’t look forward to it – at all.
He could take her fishing and talk about how sometimes a player is sold to another team because it’s good business, not because the player’s bad of anything.
MAYSON: So, you’re saying you’re playing for the other team now? Okay, that makes sense.

“Christmas isn’t some competition you can either win or lose.”
Challenge accepted!

Did she really deserve this kind of treatment, when all he wanted was to show her just how magical this time of the year could be? How had he ever arrived at this point
confused

folded wish list. It was only a week until Christmas, not much time to get any Christmas presents.
Daughter-in-law. Children.

<This Christmas I want you to bring Lois to Smallville. And I want you to tell her your secret.>
Well well well…

“If it was his decision, you’d never tell anyone.”
Can you image if Lois doesn’t know, they get married and their child starts to have powers? Lois wouldn’t know how to convince Clark that she hadn’t had an affair with Superman.

Was it right to tell her his secret in a place where Lois had no chance to escape from if she felt the need to?
It’s not that bad. We had fics where Clark brought her to an uninhabited island to tell her.

That would be unfair on so many levels that it just didn’t bear thinking about.
Also, no mistletoe.

I can’t go to the local shop and buy you a dress shirt and a tie.
So he can properly propose?

“What Mom wants isn’t something you could possibly give her. That’s why she’s asked me.”
Actually…

. “Actually, I need to do some last minute Christmas shopping, too.”
I just realized, what if Clark brought home another leading lady each year. And they all get gifts for the Kents.
Previous year: Cat laugh

Part 2
In his mind, he was going through a list of people he could contact as Superman.
Let’s see…Lex Luthor is already dead. Maybe Bill Church Sr.?

at least like a sister to him,
Well, she does love him like a brother.

if she didn't want to be his wife
Or concubine! Never forget the traditional option for the upper crust of society.

If he told her that he was Superman, there was no going back from that revelation.
Actually, there’s been at least two documented cases of Lois forgetting his secret identity.

And I promise you that nobody is going to shove Christmas in your face,” he added.
Will this hold true for the Smallville town square?

“And you’re absolutely sure that you wouldn’t rather spend the holiday with someone else?”
Lana? Rachel? Mayson?

. “I’m so afraid that she’ll never talk to me again once she knows about Superman.”
This could seriously impact her career, her refusing to do Superman interviews.

Clark shrugged helplessly, feeling thoroughly out of his depth. He knew exactly how his Mom expected him to heat up the cup. It was quite obvious that she had meant the beverage as a reminder of what he was supposed to do.
She’s sneaky!

What kind of dark secret could you possibly be hiding?"
Mob. NSA.

He rolled the cold mug of chocolate in his hands. “Why don’t I show you?” Holding his breath, he reached for his glasses and lowered them enough for a quick burst of heat vision.
LOIS: Thanks. So, about that secret, what is it?

“You keep saying that we’re the best of friends. But are we really just that?”
Yes, he loves her platonically. Like a sister.

“I love you, Clark Kent.” His voice was barely above a whisper. “I love you, too. So much.”
Awwww

. Are you going to kiss me, or not?”
Well, if she’s asking him like that…

Something inside his mind clicked, as if right in this moment, he’d found that final piece of the puzzle that made him whole. The End
smile1

That was one waffy ride indeed!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard