Print Thread
#290289 12/08/21 11:34 PM
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Lots going on in this chapter! A new plan for Clark's house, Lois is having some big feelings about those wedding rings, and Mattie is *super* cranky about her homework assignment. wink

Last edited by AnnieM; 12/08/21 11:34 PM.

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
I challenge any child to be happy about homework. Poor Mattie she’s so terrified. Well handled by both Clark and Lois here. Hope she’s ok

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That's an interesting twist and number two on my list of possible developments. So Mattie is showing first signs of powers. So bad this story is written from Lois' POV. I'd have loved to listen in on that conversation

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I got so behind, but now I'm caught up!!

GAHHH! I *LOVED* this part!!! LOVE the house for Martha idea! LOVE the amazing parenting at Mattie's show of powers! (And it sounds like she's starting to realize that maybe she's had some powers for a bit longer than anyone figured!) I'm so sad for Lois and the wedding rings--it just breaks my heart! But I will say that I was super impressed and proud of her for how much emotional intelligence and growth it must have taken to so quickly realize what was bothering her about Clark's behavior, AND then she was able to comfort and reassure him AND tell him what she needed. I hope she gives herself credit for how awesome all that is, especially because I know she's beating herself up about the whole marriage/wedding/wife situation.

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
The conflict/irritation/hovering between Clark and Lois is just one of the hurdles they must overcome before they can fully reintegrate. It'll be a hard slog, full of false leads and twists and turns and maybe some loud fights (but NO violence). I have confidence that you'll bring them in for a safe landing, Annie. This story continues to fascinate me, and I'm ready for the next chapter.

Is it up yet?

smile1

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Having Martha be able to visit whenever she wants in her own place is awesome ^_^
As for the surfacing powers.... squeeeee....
Looking forward to more.

Columnist
Columnist
Love the idea of Martha having somewhere to live when she visits.

I also really liked the conversation between them about all the things he was doing for her. They need to be on equal footing with each other - not one of them always worried the other will leave.

Love Marrie's first show of power

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard