Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Does that make up for the angst of the earlier chapters? wink

Being a reporter is as much a diagnosis as a job description. ~Anna Quindlen
Columnist
Columnist
Omg Lois! My heart hurts for her here and I just love how he handles it! So so sweet! And I wish we had an Nscene here lol! Love it!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
C
Kerth
Kerth
C
Love Lois’ vulnerability here. Let’s hope Clark isn’t too distracted before JP walks in on them. Though that said it would be fun to watch them explain to their son what’s going on.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched they must be felt with the heart

Helen Keller
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
Originally Posted by lovetvfan
And I wish we had an Nscene here lol! Love it!

Would you hate me forever if I admit I wrote one and then deleted it?

Columnist
Columnist
Noooooooo!!!!!

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
A
AnnieM Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
A
In the original version of the story, this scene and the scene where he comes to her after the building collapse while they are still separated both strayed into nfic territory, but only for a few lines. My plan had been to write a longer, full nfic scene later in the story to make it worth doing a pg version and an nfic version. But I never got inspired to write that scene, so I just edited back these to keep the whole story in pg territory.

Features Writer
Features Writer
Yay! Lois is seeing the light!
And I can completely understand why she fought for so long to not see it. It's painful to admit when you're wrong, especially when the mistake not only has hurt you, but those you love. I'm glad she has seen it though. There are many who never see it until after it's too late.
Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
This was so touching. I love how Lois finally admits openly that she was wrong to want to divorce Clark. But perhaps Clark is right, maybe it was a necessary wake up call. Can't wait to see the next part.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
I’m behind! Let’s see if I can catch up all in one morning...

“Out like a light. I am the undefeated champion of bedtime,” he crowed, sliding his arms around her waist and kissing her neck.

LOL! I love that!!

“I feel like we’re really both winners here,” she countered, placing the pot and towel on the counter and twisting in his grasp until she faced him. She slid her arms around his neck and gave him a quick kiss.

“I suppose I’ll share my victory with you,” Clark conceded with a smile, before dipping his head to steal a longer kiss. “I have an idea of how we can celebrate.”

Lois laughed, stroking the hair at the nape of his neck and basking in his love.

Awwwww!
“This is awfully cozy,” she said, perching on his lap and dipping her head to kiss his neck.

“This does not look like working,” he teased

Haha! That’s just what I was going to say!

“Perfect.” He squeezed her arm gently and dropped a kiss on the top of her head before turning his attention back to his grading. Lois closed her eyes and took a couple breaths to slow her galloping heart and then began to dig in.

Gah!!! love

“Yeah, she’s clearly the standout student in my class. I was thinking about offering to mentor her, but then I thought…what she really needs is a fierce, determined, brilliant woman to mentor her. Someone who has risen to the top of her field and could give her insight not just on writing and investigating, but also on navigating the boys club of journalism.” He looked at her expectantly and scooted closer with a winning smile.

Awww, I love it!

“If you’re trying to distract me, it’s not going to work,” he teased, as they separated. “Also, I happen to know she’s a Lois Lane superfan.”

“Oh really? And how do you know that?”

“Because the first assignment I give my 101 students is always an essay on why they want to study journalism and what kind of reporting they want to do. She wrote me a ten-page manifesto on your career. Ten pages in which, I would like to point out, my own contributions were little more than a footnote. It was quite humbling really,” he told her, eyes twinkling.

Lol! Wow! That’s awesome. smile

He beamed at her, and her breath caught in her throat. She tugged on his tie again, lifting her face to his, and he didn’t hesitate. Her hands slid around his neck, urging him on as his lips caressed hers.

Suddenly he stiffened and pulled back muttering, “Not now.”

Damn emergencies! ;P

followed by the soft sonic boom that meant he was in a hurry.

That’s a fantastic detail!

“What?” she asked. “Why are you looking at me?”

“I always forget how beautiful you are when you’re in the zone,” he said softly. “No matter how many times I see it, you always take my breath away.’

GAH!!! LOVE IT!!

She paused and looked up to meet his gaze. “Don’t fall for me, Farmboy,” she teased.

“Too late,” he whispered.

LOL, AWWWWWWWWW!

“Home,” he replied with a chuckle. “It’s almost midnight, Lois. If I stay any later, you are going to be cursing me when your alarm goes off.”

Lois’ heart dropped into her stomach. Suddenly everything was clear and the fog of her writing was fully lifted. She knew exactly where she was, and how they had gotten here.

“Oh my god,” she whispered softly, tears pooling in her eyes. “I forgot.”

“Forgot what?” Clark asked, obviously concerned. “What’s wrong?”

“I just… For a minute I forgot you had another home. I just thought… Oh god. This should be our life right now. This should be every night.”

OHHHHHH this is heartbreaking!! mecry mecry

“Hey. It’s okay. I know. I know.”

She folded herself into his arms, trembling and crying softly. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I did this to us. I broke us.”

Ohhhhhh! Poor Lois!!! mecry mecry

“No,” he said firmly, pulling her back until she looked at him. He waited until he seemed sure that she was listening and then continued. “You did not break us. The world broke us. Life broke us. This is not your fault. I do not blame you, and I won’t let you blame yourself.”

Love this. mecry

She shook her head, curling her arms around her knees and breathing hard and fast. “Not then. But later. She’s right. She was absolutely right.”

“Later when? Who was right? What are you talking about, Lois?”

“Dr. Booker. The sunk cost. She said I was scared to try again, not because I was afraid we would fail, but because I was afraid we would succeed. Because that would mean admitting I was wrong about needing a divorce to begin with. And I’m scared she’s right.

“When I told you I wanted a divorce, I really believed it was the only way. I still think it might have been the only way. We were hurting each other, and I was scared we were going to hurt the kids. I had to make it stop. It was a wake up call.

I don’t even know what to say...but this whole part... this whole convo, actually... my heart is a little bit in my throat. whinging

“I told myself it was because I was being strong and doing the right, hard thing. But maybe it really was because admitting that meant admitting I never should have signed those papers. And the longer it went on, the more it was my fault. The longer we were apart for no real reason, the more damage I’d have to admit to causing. And I couldn’t bear to think about that. About putting us through all that for no reason. About all those wasted months and years. I had invested in this belief that the divorce was necessary, and I couldn’t cut my losses. Oh my god. What did I do?”

Just heartbreaking. All of it. whinging whinging whinging whinging

You weren’t trying to hurt us. You were trying to protect us. All of us.

Oh, Clark... how can you be so strong? Thank goodness you are! whinging

When the storm passed, and she lay still in his arms, he finally spoke again. “We can’t get those years back. And we can’t know what might have happened if we could go back and do things differently. Maybe we weren’t ready then. Maybe it had to be now. Maybe we needed to travel the path we did back to friendship and then more.”

“Do you really think so?” she asked, raising her head.

He cupped her cheek and took a ragged breath. “I don’t know, Lois. I don’t know anything. Except that I love you, and I’m so happy to have you back. I don’t want to waste our happiness trying to figure out who’s to blame or feeling guilty about the past. I don’t want to waste anymore time. I just want to love you and be happy.”

How is he just so...? GAH. whinging love
“Don’t leave me,” she whispered. “Please.”

“I’m not going anywhere,” he promised. “I love you.”

“Tonight, I mean,” she pleaded softly. “Please stay. Just hold me. I can’t bear for you to leave. I need you.”

He nodded, swallowing noisily. “Okay.” He stood, tugging her up off the couch and threading his fingers through hers, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. “Come on. Let’s go to bed.”

GAHHHHHHHHH

His glasses were off, sitting on the nightstand where they’d rested every night when this was his room too.

Love that little detail!

He stroked her hair, sifting his fingers through the silky layers. She closed her eyes, and tried to fall asleep but her body tingled everywhere it touched his, and the way he was playing with her hair was not having its intended relaxing effect. She lifted her head to look at him and found him looking at her with a fire she wasn’t expecting.

Hah! I thought that might happen!

“Clark?” she whispered, and then his mouth was on hers. Her hand tangled in his hair and he flipped her onto her back, hand starting at her waist and blazing a trail up until it cupped her cheek and held her in place, deepening the kiss. Her leg wrapped around his thigh, pulling him tight to her.

GAH! ^^^ (<-- my makeshift fire emoji, lol)

Desperate for his touch. Desperate for this to be real.

It is, Lois! It is!!

He kissed her fiercely, and then pulled back to look her in the eye. “Do you love me?”

“God yes,” she whispered. “More than anything.”

“And you’re going to keep loving me?’

“Forever.”

“And you aren’t going to run away from me?”

“Never.”

“That’s all I ever wanted. The rest is just details.”

OMG I might die... GAH!!! *melts*
“I love you,” she whispered with each of his kisses. “I love you, love you, love you.”

And I LOVE this here! Lois reassuring him and herself that this isn’t at all like one of their post-rescue couplings.

She listened to the steady beating of his heart beneath her ear and sighed contentedly.

LOVE

“JP is awake. He’s not out of bed yet, but I hear him stirring. I’m going to have to leave soon.”

She whimpered, and he chuckled softly. “I know. I don’t want to go either. But I also don’t want to explain this to our five year old,” he said.

“Can you stay until he gets out of bed? Can you listen for him?”

I love this! love

Oh, happy sigh! Lots of feels for Lois, but I’m glad she got it out!!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I actually have a huge stack of papers to grade in my car. I guess we’ve been a little distracted,” he said with a playful grimace.

“Go get your papers and we can work together?”

“Your wish is my command.”

Sigh.... come on Lois, remember the days when working with Clark in either yours or his apartment was as easy as breathing? So glad Lois realized the whole divorce was a HUGE mistake. Nonetheless, although they are healing and on the road back to each other, its going to take a stronger foundation of trust to become a better and stronger married couple.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard