Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Blueowl Online Content OP
Features Writer
OP Online Content
Features Writer
Summary: Some people really should reevaluate the wisdom of traveling through time. Set in the Investigate Universe, serving as an interlude of sorts between Acts II and III.

Although not required, reading Acts I and II is helpful, as this Superman/Clark is not like canon much at all: Investigate and Investigate: Intergang

Here is the little interlude: Investigate: Time Interlude

Hope you all enjoy ^_^

P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
I love it! So true that some people really don't think through their actions or desires and what consequences they will have.

I also very much enjoyed the rest of Investigate. The smarter, more proactive Clark is marvelous. I love Superman's positive world view and willingness to help, but I find it a bit irritating when he's written as a doofus. This is much more what I think a man of his intelligence and skills would do! Though I do love him being a reporter and working with Lois... smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It was a real pleasure to work on this story. As Blueowl said, this is a lovely interlude. Perfect to read, just before drifting off to sleep. sleep Imagine having this story in mind allowing for peaceful dreams....

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Haha! Awesome!!! I'd never given much thought to how the whole new timeline would play out of Tempus succeeded. Then again, it's hard to do time travel right with all those paradox issues. I love the thought of HG Wells being told off. lol

Looking forward to Act III!

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Blogger
Blogger
Im cackling. I’ll admit I opened this thinking “ugh.. time travel, ok here we go..” but this is so much better. This is throwing shade at the 4th wall in the best way.
I feel like the will went over my head, what did he make watching Star Trek obligatory?

Blueowl Online Content OP
Features Writer
OP Online Content
Features Writer
Wow, I can't believe I didn't reply to these reviews sooner, sorry about that! Anyway....

PuffyTiger -- Thanks ^_^. And I'm right there with you, it's partly why the 70's version of Clark is my least favorite. It's agonizing to me to watch..... I get the secret identity thing, but grief. I much prefer Dean Cain's version or George Reeves' because their Clarks were different enough but still respectable.

Morgana -- I often get my ideas for stories from my dreams, and many fics have helped me sleep better (not because they wete boring but reassuring). Anyway, glad you enjoyed smile.

KSaraSara -- Time travel is tricky, and it's why I question why someone as intelligent as HG Wells is said to be to be messing with it.... It can be fun and entertaining though!

LauraHex -- I feel much the same way with time travel. It's rarely done in a believable way imo. Which is why I had such fun poking fun at it, especially in this case where certain people didn't think things through. As for Star Trek/Scifi being in the will (not obligatory to watch but for it to always be available), he wanted to ensure future generations were given clear examples of why messing with time is a bad idea, as well as providing them with useful and beneficial entertainment. After all, how much of our inventions are due to people wanting to make what they had seen on that show a reality? It was to help ensure future generations were inspired.

Thanks again for the reviews (sorry I didn't reply sooner to those who read a long time ago).

Blogger
Blogger
No prob smile I'm almost caught up but I might have to do... *checks calendar* you know, actual life stuff or something.

the 90's show is the only canon version of Clark and Lois for me. The show does have problems but it'll always have a place in my heart, and there are plenty of reasons why things were the way there were. I will say that some of my fav aspects of that show overall was in fact the kind of cartoon-y mechanics of the world which allowed them to do pretty whacky stuff without taking itself too seriously and keep the tone lighter than technically it should have been considering they accumulated several lifetime's worth of traumas, and also, some of Clarks.. naivety? Like he is not a deity, he can be startled, he can be, well, kind of an idiot. But I also always thought stuff like.. geez scan for Kryptonite before you get close? Why no citizenship, why no official press people, where does all the mail go, surely the planet would be overrun with letters, and also you're supposed to be starting an utopia, maybe HOP TO IT mister? I think you're doing a great job of making him more proactive and frankly smarter (while jabbing light heartedly at canon sometimes, lol) and taking some of the traumas more seriously without entirely losing the whacky and fun parts. I will admit the aura thing is getting a bit much for me, I love it but also sometimes it feels like you could've technically been able to replace him with a floating sphere of energy because he doesn't need facial expressions to emote, or arms to hug, etc. (edit: oops ok that sounded way too harsh, it isn't actually like that, it was just one facet of my thoughts I hope it's not discouraging, I still am really into this version and where this aura will go) I am super curious what the other implications of it are where it goes once I'm finally caught up. Then I'm coming to lock you in the basement with a typewriter.

Last edited by LauraHex; 11/08/23 10:12 PM.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard