Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
HOLY COW!! This was so amazingly good! SO, SO GOOD! So well-written and tightly plotted with the perfect speed of b-plot, and the characterization was BRILLIANT. I’m really in awe! hail thud

Sara <3

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Wow, thank you, Sara. That means a lot to me. I'm glad you liked the story, despite its being rather dark.

Stay turned for the sequel. Poor Clark needs some cheering up.

goofy

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
P
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
P
Bakasi, I really like this well written tale! Very creative and unique backstory for Clark Kent. Excellent characterization of each actor provides essential support to advance the captivating plotline.

Fantastic job of delivering on your PG-13 rating for “angst, violence and language”. But, somehow doing so without subjecting the reader to horrible portrayals which generally lead me to change the channel! You completely captured the intensity of a terrifying situation (even for Lois, our beloved intrepid reporter!) to the point that I was holding my breath—particularly during the hyperventilation scene. And I too, shuddered along with Lois, at the lewd actions of Ray and the smell of his sweat.

From beginning to end the story was packed with intrigue and edge of the seat excitement, together with just enough introspection and hints about a potential developing friendship. The darkness was well balanced with sufficient light and promise to compel the reader to see this journey through to a victorious end.

I would really like to spend more time in this universe because I do like this Lois and Clark. It was nice to see Lois more assertive in pursuit of a closer relationship with Clark for a change. So, I hope you are serious about a sequel!

Thank you for sharing your outstanding storytelling with us!

bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thank you so much for your feedback, Penny Lane. I'm really looking forward to writing that sequel. I've written some pages and as soon as I've finished my current WIP, I'm going to continue with the sequel.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A sequel? Yay!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
B
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
B
I finally found the time to go through this story. I love the premise, that's very intriguing, and I believe it's definitely something that hasn't been done yet which, after all that years, is quite rare. This Clark is a bit different from what we are used to but I think under the circumstances, that's a good thing and plausible. The iea that Clark, with enough training, can consciously decide which of his powers will return first/where to focus his sun energy is neat. I hope that this "friendship" with Lois (that no doubt will turn into something more sooner or later, won't it) can help Clark to overcome his self-doubts and accept himself as a person. I'm sure that these two will hopefully find a way to deal with Trask and co. for good so Clark can be free and may become a public Superman one day...assuming that is still something Clark would want to do after his terrible experiences. Maybe it isn't, and given his POV, I wouldn't blame him either.

Great story. I binge-read through it in two days and enjoyed it. Too bad that I hadn't the time to read it pre-Kerth or it would have got a vote from me.

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
bakasi Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks for the feedback, Blindpassenger. I'm glad you liked this fic. If you want to find out how the relationship between this Lois and Clark develops and whether this Clark might become Superman one day, check out the sequel: License to Love.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard