Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Morgana
This is my one pet peeve. Ellen Lane was loud, opinionated and yes, a recovering alcoholic, but underneath all that, she did care for her daughter. Phyllis Coates appearance, although brief, showed a woman who was fiercely loyal to her child and not someone who would abandon her and spend two weeks at a spa. I would like to think she would have given those reporters milling around Lois's apartment a piece of her mind. It is a shame the writers did not allow her to become Ellen Lane rather than Beverly Garland.

Otherwise this story is awesome.

Love Perry's appearance just as the argument was getting heated. Talk about timing! laugh

The version of Ellen Lane I used in this fic is the Beverly Garland version, and not the Phyllis Coates version. While the Ellen Lane we meet in later seasons does show herself to be loyal to Lois, I took some liberties.... which will be explained in a later chapter.

Part Fifteen is posted! I can't believe I let so many weeks go by without an update! With our Thanksgiving this weekend, and my refusal to have a big dinner, I hope to have another chapter out within the next week.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you for another chapter. It's good to see that Clark is doing better, despite a few minor issues. I'm looking forward to Lois and Clark finally meeting again.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you for another wonderful chapter! You made my day! It’s good that Clark’s powers are slowly returning. Hopefully he’ll be at full power soon. It’s too bad the article Martha showed Clark didn’t mention that Lois stopped the wedding before Henderson arrived. I can’t wait for more! I’m especially looking forward to Clark and Lois meeting again! Thanks again!

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
So happy to see another chapter ^_^

I'm glad Martha showed Clark that Lois hadn't married Luthor. I wonder how he feels about that.... And yay for powers returning!
Also very curious to see how Perry will try to help Lois and Clark reconcile.

Looking forward to more laugh

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The version of Ellen Lane I used in this fic is the Beverly Garland version, and not the Phyllis Coates version. While the Ellen Lane we meet in later seasons does show herself to be loyal to Lois, I took some liberties.... which will be explained in a later chapter.

I am looking forward to the explanation about Ellen's behavior later on in this cool fic. Plan on reading this latest chapter over the weekend, which I totally intend to enjoy with a glass of wine. goofy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Story read. Glass of wine was sinfully delightful. Now onto my comment:

“So, what’s next?”

I was thinking the same thing. If he doesn't go back to Metropolis, will he stay with Jonathan and Martha? dizzy

Clark stood, and followed his mom into the house, sinking into the couch as she handed him the cordless phone. “It’ll be ok, Clark,” she said with another reassuring hug, before leaving him alone. Pulling out the phone book, he found the number for the airline and dialed, hoping that trusting his gut this time wouldn’t land him in trouble again.

It doesn't matter if you can't fly under your own power, as the song says, just get there!

After being informed by Martha Kent that Clark was on his way back to the city, he’d left a message on Clark’s machine, hoping he wouldn’t mind helping Jack and Jimmy out for a few days. At least, he hoped it would only be a few days.

The three of them in that tiny apartment? Even for a week, that is just a wee bit too long. I can imagine that will encourage the boys to find accommodations elsewhere, pronto!

If only Lex hadn’t barged into her life. Perry couldn’t fix that, but he could help patch things up between Lois and Clark. Picking up the receiver, he dialed Lois’ number, intending on inviting her to meet him for lunch tomorrow.

Perry, I love the way you think! Hope to see the latest installment soon!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Thank you for the feedback. Part 16 is posted and I'm hoping you'll enjoy smile

I'm a little stuck... not with the story itself, but what to do with it. Aftershocks, as it was originally outlined, has one very long, or two not quite so long, chapters remaining. However, over the summer, a sequel of sorts began to be outlined, and partially written. I'm debating between continuing this story to include the sequel, or stick with the original plan, and then have a separate sequel. When you are writing and something like this derails you, what are your thought processes? I'm usually reluctant to make major changes after an outline has been set and writing is almost finished.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks for another great chapter. It's good to see that Lois and Clark are finally talking again, though Superman interruptus is at work again.

Concerning your problem, I think I'd do with finishing the first story and posting the sequel later.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh man, lately RL is kicking my butt! Still I wanted to comment on this part. Loved it! smile1

Where had Perry gone to? He could easily hear him, but couldn’t see him. It sounded like he’d been stopped by an acquaintance and his laughter carried over the high backed seats. The server arrived with their drinks, and Clark took a sip as he heard the polite chime of the entrance, signaling a customer had either entered or exited. Clark closed his eyes and savored the taste of the hot, sweet, coffee, appreciating the hum of conversation buzzing around him in the rapidly filling café, even enjoying the polite clinking of cutlery and crockery. He sighed with contentment. He’d missed these sounds of the city a lot more than the sometimes incessant honking of vehicles.

How can he even think about leaving his adopted home?

“CK! Lois! What are you guys doing here?” Jimmy’s voice rang out over the café as he gleefully walked over towards them. Clark peered around the side of the booth to wave at Jimmy, spotting Jack several paces behind him, and noticed Perry looked startled and annoyed that the two young men were approaching. Perry hastily excused himself from his conversation and hurried over as Jimmy scooted onto a seat next to Lois.

Urgh! Jimmy has absolutely the worst timing! Jack is a lot more perceptive, its a pity he could not keep his friend from interrupting a rather important conversation. He is completely messing with Perry's carefully conceived plans.

“Great shades of Elvis,” Perry gasped as the tarp fell to the ground and revealed the large Daily Planet logo that once hung over the entrance. Clark could hear applause from Lois and several people standing around watching. He used a touch of his superhearing to catch what Mr. Stern was saying to Perry.

“We’ll start on the building next week but first I thought we’d announce to the world we’re back in business. I reconsidered your proposal, and I agree with you Mr. White. Metropolis does need the Daily Planet. Besides, one more nail in Lex Luthor’s coffin will suit me fine. I do have some ideas about modernization…”

One of the very best parts of these arch of episodes is the meeting between Mr. Stern and Perry White played by James Earl Jones and Lane Smith. These two world-class actors honed their skills on stage and screen and it shows abundantly! How I wish Mr. Stern appeared in other episodes. Watching them argue over modernizing the paper would have been a joy to behold. At least Perry would not have had to worry about some little twerp called Chip taking over his position. Seriously, have a presence like Mr. Stern around would have been a reminder to all of us that sadly, Perry does not run and own the Planet, that he has to answer to 'the suits upstairs'. Especially when one of his reporters gets out of line. Mr. Stern's powerful presence is a constant reminder of that little fact. Also, does anyone think a creep like Ralph would have been allowed to stay and harass people? Nope.

She was so close to him now, he could easily smell her perfume. It was the scent she’d worn when he’d first been partnered with her, a light citrus scent. She’d switched to something heavier, spicier, once she’d become involved with Luthor. He paused trying to determine exactly what was being said, beyond her words, attempting to shake off the distraction of her perfume and proximity to him. He needed to apologize for abandoning her, for not trying harder to be there for her when she needed someone.

Ah, let the romance begin... sloppy

He smiled fully, the dark cloud that had been hanging over him after the memory of the cage, dissipating immediately. “Friends.” Clark watched as Lois smiled briefly, before she glanced down at the ground for a moment, then tucking a her hair behind her ear once more, and adjusting her purse strap. Curious, he listened to her heartbeat, realizing she was still nervous about something.

“There’s something else we need to discuss…” she began.

So, what does she want to talk with him about? Just because Jimmy interrupted...again! thud Does not mean they cannot get together later. Right?

Last edited by Morgana; 10/31/21 12:20 PM.

Morgana

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thank you for another wonderful chapter! Jimmy sure had bad timing but I’m happy Lois and Clark are finally talking. I hope Clark tells Lois he’s Superman soon.

Whether you continue this story with the sequel or stick to the original outline and have the sequel as a separate story, either would be sweet. I just can’t wait for more! I love it!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by bakasi
Thanks for another great chapter. It's good to see that Lois and Clark are finally talking again, though Superman interruptus is at work again.

Concerning your problem, I think I'd do with finishing the first story and posting the sequel later.
Haha. I like that. Superman Interruptus. Sounds like a good name for a fic wink

Originally Posted by Morgana
One of the very best parts of these arch of episodes is the meeting between Mr. Stern and Perry White played by James Earl Jones and Lane Smith. These two world-class actors honed their skills on stage and screen and it shows abundantly! How I wish Mr. Stern appeared in other episodes. Watching them argue over modernizing the paper would have been a joy to behold. At least Perry would not have had to worry about some little twerp called Chip taking over his position. Seriously, have a presence like Mr. Stern around would have been a reminder to all of us that sadly, Perry does not run and own the Planet, that he has to answer to 'the suits upstairs'. Especially when one of his reporters gets out of line. Mr. Stern's powerful presence is a constant reminder of that little fact. Also, does anyone think a creep like Ralph would have been allowed to stay and harass people? Nope.
It would have been nice to see Mr. Stern a little more in season 2, though I believe we had a few references in the first episode of that season? After that, were there any?

Originally Posted by Songbird
Thank you for another wonderful chapter! Jimmy sure had bad timing but I’m happy Lois and Clark are finally talking. I hope Clark tells Lois he’s Superman soon.

Whether you continue this story with the sequel or stick to the original outline and have the sequel as a separate story, either would be sweet. I just can’t wait for more! I love it!

Thanks for all the great feedback.

Part Seventeen is posted and is the second last chapter! hyper I hope to have the last chapter posted by next weekend. Enjoy!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Henderson! Can you help me. I just want to sign whatever paperwork I need to so I can get rid of those bags. I don’t want them; I don’t want to see them. Then, Clark and I have some questions for you.”

“Clark?” Henderson asked. “He’s here?”

Lois became annoyed as Henderson started to look past her into the waiting area for Clark. “No, he’s outside, parking my Jeep. Apparently there are no parking spaces out there… Hey!” She exclaimed, as without a word, Henderson took off through the entrance doors.

Hmmm, somehow I forgot to comment on this excellent part! shock A great deal happened. The breakfast at the café, which of course was interrupted by a jubilant Jimmy and recalcitrant Jack. Oh, how I wish that had been part of the original episode. It made a lot more sense than what was originally presented. Than the discussion between Perry and Franklin Stern. Again, how I wish that we could have seen a much longer version simply for the joy of watching two world-class actors work together without chewing the scenery. Stern had a definite 'game plan' revolving around purchasing the Daily Planet. The centerpiece being Lois and Clark writing the definitive articles on the House of Luthor. Brilliant! Finally the conversation in the Jeep between Lois and Clark. Such a cleansing level of honesty would not have happened in a crowded café. Both of them would have had their defenses up.

Now Henderson leaves Lois to talk with Clark? Should be a VERY interesting conversation. Hey, why did Lois want to leave her bags? Where they full of gifts from her late fiancé?

Happy Monday everyone!

Morgana

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
So sorry for the delay! It's been a busy few weeks with a concert, and then the memorial for my husbands parents. Lots of travel, several timezones later and then a week of crazy work.

This was supposed to be the last chapter, but it was so big, I've had to split it up. I also have a strange, strong dislike of uneven chapter numbers so the idea of having the last chapter as 19 was bothering me.

Thank you Morgana for your feedback blush

Part Eighteen is posted.

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
^_^ So Clark now knows Henderson at least suspects. Glad Lois is supporting Clark and showing some patience.
Looking forward to when Superman goes to see Henderson wink

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great to see another chapter of this story. It's good to see that Lois picks up on Clark's discomfort, though I really wish he'd talk to her.

Last edited by bakasi; 12/05/21 05:21 AM.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
The final chapter is here!

Thank you for all your comments and encouragement over the last 10 months!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
It was nice starting 2022 with the final chapter but I’m hoping the sequel is coming soon! I need more! I liked how you handled Henderson knowing the secret and I’m glad Clark is okay with it. Hopefully Clark’s visit with his parents will help to heal some of his trauma. Henderson is right that Clark needs to talk to someone. Hopefully Lois can eventually be that someone or maybe this is a case where they can help heal each other since they both carry Luthor scars. I’ve enjoyed this story! Thank you!

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
So happy Clark now has a peer he can talk to and trust with all sides of himself. I also hope he takes Henderson up on the offer and calls that number on the card. I'd be very curious to see how that conversation goes. I think it would do Clark a lot of good.

Anyway, glad all of their lives are back on an even keel now, and yeah, Superman should probably apologize before he needs to rescue Lois again. Which means he should prolly do it before the weekend.... He's already taken a risk in waiting as long as he has smirk

Thanks for the story laugh

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
clap I liked this story, but now I'm anxious to see how Lois and Clark's relationship unfolds without his immediate retraction of his feelings. What will he say to her as Superman? Will he see Bill's psychiatrist? Will he go as Superman or Clark? Or will he tell the doctor he's both? How will the sessions go? Will he still struggle with PTSD?

There's a lot of room for a sequel, and I hope you'll grant us one.

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
In the beginning it was a long and bumpy road for Clark and all our favorite characters but in the end everything came out for the best! As Queen of the Capes said, there is plenty of room for a sequel. I for one really appreciated the budding friendship between Bill Henderson and Clark. It was very gracious of him to tell 'Superman' about contacting a trauma counselor. Clark needs that kind of specialized help. He cannot always depend on his parents to be a listening ear.

So happy you wrote this story! Again, welcome back!

Morgana

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard