Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Chapter is Here.

This has been taking so much longer than I wanted. I look at what I have, squint at where I need it to be, spend 5 minutes trying to reconcile those two points, then get frustrated and shove it to the bottom of the to-do list. It's not a good way to work, and it's not fair to you guys, and I'm sorry.

The new Superman and Lois show actually delivered the final kick in the pants I needed to at least get this chapter out. Anyone who's seen the recent episode can probably suss out what triggered it. I'll try to be more diligent, and thank you so much to everyone who's still reading. I know where I want to go, but I keep second-guessing how to get there, and I hope the journey is at least enjoyable.

Comments of any sort go here.

~•~
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Excellent story! It's about time we got another chapter. And it's a good one, too. The contrast between Clark's adoptive parents and Michel's was fascinating. Enlightening, too.

The only bad thing? It's too fiddle-winkin' short! We want more! We want more!

(evil Queenie being castigated) [Linked Image]

(readers hitting the sudden end of the chapter) [Linked Image]

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Features Writer
Features Writer
Yeah, I can definitely see how the show helped your muse smile
Such a good show.
Anyway, glad Clark has more family than he thought laugh
Looking forward to more---tho I do need to go back and read the previous parts

Features Writer
Features Writer
Ok, I have just finished bing reading everything thus far.
Holy cow, I love Michel and how similar and different he is from Clark. I look forward to them learning more from the globe and love how you weave the episodes through the story without getting bogged down by them.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Michel's relationship with his coworker develops. It's pretty amusing to see how close she is to knowing the actual truth and yet being wrong :p

And I feel so bad for Michel. I understand his struggle but I hope he sees that he's going to have to tell his parents the truth and stand up to them. They are doing what they think is right, but man.....

Anyway, looking forward to more!!!

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry: *ow* Ok! *ow* I'll *ow* have *ow* more up as soon as I can! Put the stick away! XD

Blue: Hooray! Welcome to the story, and I'm so glad you like it so far! ^_^

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Mary!
or if they'd somehow never needed to leave Krypton at all. Would he still have felt like such an outsider, growing up?
Perhaps. I mean, he would have been the spare, so it’s possible that he would have received far less attention than Kal-El.

"You want to keep my from my own brother?!" he sputtered.
/psst/ ‘me’ not ‘my’.

"We want to keep you from danger," his father explained. "He is not a safe companion, Michel. We've explained this already."
So, all good that he’s traipsing around with his lab assistant but conversing with his brother the state of world politics and sports while sniffing a glass of Cognac is considered inappropriate?

Clark grabbed his coat from behind his chair and followed her to the elevator. "I guess I am," he admitted. "I found out something big, yesterday."
Yes, it’s possible for them to have relations with Earth women without breaking them. He’s now making plans…

The elevator arrived with a soft chime, and they both stepped in. "What is it?" Lois asked once the doors were closed. "Good news?"
Yes, there’s someone on this planet that shares his genes.

LOIS: cat

He laughed. "Okay, okay!" He looked her in the eyes, unable to stop smiling. "Lois, I'm a twin."
No, Clark, you’ve arrived on this planet under the Gemini zodiac sign, but you born a Pisces.

"So, what's his name? Or her name; you didn't actually say you had a brother, did you? Do you look alike? Have you met him? Or her. Do they live nearby?"
Lois, it’s you. You’re my twin. To protect us both from Lex Luthor, we’ve been separated at birth.

LOIS: Yes. I think I’ve always known, somehow. All that sibling rivalry between us. You being able to kind of keep up. Sometimes, that is.

"Well, you grew up in Kansas, and he lives in France. How did you get so separated?"
Soviet experiment. Mad scientist made it through the Berlin Wall. They later got separated on their way to Langley and Michel was lost in the French Bureaucracy.

"I meant your birth-parents," Lois explained. "What country were they from?"
One of those small Eastern European principallies no-one’s ever heard of before.

"I know that we're identical twins," Clark replied. "I know that after all these years, I finally have my brother back, and I know it feels amazing."
It would be fun if Lois figured out that Michel is Superman. Might take her another year or two to figure out that Clark’s Superman, too, though.

LOIS: confused Why would Clark be Superman? Michel’s Superman.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard