Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Thanks for all the comments on part 6! It was a delight to write!

Part 7 is posted!

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Whoa.
That makes a whole lot of sense. I totally forgot about Lucy.... Dang. I wonder if they'll figure out how Luthor set that up exactly.
And poor Clark. I hope they can really talk soon.

Looking forward to more.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's a good thing that Lois and Clark at least talk to each other again. I like that you address the psychological effect of Clark's entrapment. I don't think I have ever read a fic that focused on that particular aspect.

Well done

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm also finding the psychological effects of the cage on Clark intriguing. In the show, the "super" aspects of his personality often seemed to trump the real possibility that since he was raised as a human, that his psyche likely would be affected similarly to a human's. It will be interesting to see where you take this, and how soon Lois and Clark can talk, really talk, to each other.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Part 8 is posted.

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
Wow. That was harsh. Poor Lois.
And poor Clark. I hope he begins healing soon mecry

Features Writer
Features Writer
Oh, this is so sad. Two people emotionally and Clark also physically injured in need of TLC and some joy in their lives, and unfortunately neither one is able to give it to the other.

While we may never know since Lois doesn't know, it would be interesting to discover who "senior management" was that made the decision, and why Tom was given the job of telling her. What a cold-hearted, inhumane treatment she received.

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is an interesting take on the end of the episode but my heart aches for Clark. The psychological damage Clark suffered is severe but I believe his resilience, courage and strength (and I don’t just mean his physical strength) will win out in the end. I don’t know where you’re going with this but he definitely needs to talk to someone. Maybe that someone will be Lois, his parents or maybe Henderson now that he’s figured it out. I can’t wait for more! Thank you!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hope that Lois will return to Clark before he's finished packing his things. Sometimes, it's also a good thing that kryptonite makes him lose his powers, or he'd already be done. I actually never wondered what happened to her job at LNN. I just figured that she had handed in her resignation. But your scenario makes a lot of sense.

Keep writing. This is good!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Whoa.
That makes a whole lot of sense. I totally forgot about Lucy.... Dang. I wonder if they'll figure out how Luthor set that up exactly.
And poor Clark. I hope they can really talk soon.

Looking forward to more.
I found it odd, as Lucy and Lois were portrayed as being close, that Lucy wasn't at the wedding. I'm sure Lex would have splurged for a ticket if Lucy couldn't afford one.
Originally Posted by bakasi
It's a good thing that Lois and Clark at least talk to each other again. I like that you address the psychological effect of Clark's entrapment. I don't think I have ever read a fic that focused on that particular aspect.

Well done
Originally Posted by cuidadora
I'm also finding the psychological effects of the cage on Clark intriguing. In the show, the "super" aspects of his personality often seemed to trump the real possibility that since he was raised as a human, that his psyche likely would be affected similarly to a human's. It will be interesting to see where you take this, and how soon Lois and Clark can talk, really talk, to each other.

It's something that comes up a lot in fics, I find, where Clark has a rough rescue, and Lois is there to help him out. I don't remember the episode where Lois defends Superman to Clark, saying he does the best he can, but it shows that Clark struggles with the outcomes. It would make sense that when something bad happens, like being locked in a poisonous cage by a psychopath, feeling your life drain away, knowing you're going to be killed horribly and slowly, would have some psychological affect on him... Again, not something they were going to focus on in the show as it was a much 'lighter' themed romance than dark thriller.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Wow. That was harsh. Poor Lois.
And poor Clark. I hope he begins healing soon mecry
Soon, I promise.

Originally Posted by cuidadora
Oh, this is so sad. Two people emotionally and Clark also physically injured in need of TLC and some joy in their lives, and unfortunately neither one is able to give it to the other.

While we may never know since Lois doesn't know, it would be interesting to discover who "senior management" was that made the decision, and why Tom was given the job of telling her. What a cold-hearted, inhumane treatment she received.
Maybe... There are some revelations still to come.
Originally Posted by Songbird
This is an interesting take on the end of the episode but my heart aches for Clark. The psychological damage Clark suffered is severe but I believe his resilience, courage and strength (and I don’t just mean his physical strength) will win out in the end. I don’t know where you’re going with this but he definitely needs to talk to someone. Maybe that someone will be Lois, his parents or maybe Henderson now that he’s figured it out. I can’t wait for more! Thank you!
He's got good people around him, but who will it be!
Originally Posted by bakasi
I hope that Lois will return to Clark before he's finished packing his things. Sometimes, it's also a good thing that kryptonite makes him lose his powers, or he'd already be done. I actually never wondered what happened to her job at LNN. I just figured that she had handed in her resignation. But your scenario makes a lot of sense.

Keep writing. This is good!
Thank you!

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Part 9 is posted!

Apologies for the delay in posting! I had a paper to submit which took all my brain power. Enjoy!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
Thanks for another wonderful chapter! It was worth the delay. I feel for Clark. At least he put the key back for Lois after he realized Luthor’s motives. Hopefully she’ll look when she gets there if he doesn’t answer the door. Lois’s introspection was interesting too. I always wished in the series that she had said no. I can’t wait for more! I’m hooked!

Top Banana
Online Content
Top Banana
I'm glad they're both beginning to think more clearly. I hope they can work together to pick up the pieces after what's happened, and I hope Clark recovers soon!
Looking forward to more smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Clark realizing that Lois has been tricked into accepting Luthor's proposal is an aspect that so far I haven't seen mentioned in other stories. At least out hadn't been so clearly stated. But it seems like a good reason for getting Lois and Clark talk to each other again.

This was a great opening to what will probably be one hell of a chapter. Looking forward to it!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“My dear, we knew you were moving, but thought after what happened, you might stay?” Mrs. Tracewski asked. “This morning my husband woke up to these men trying to gain access to the building. They say they were hired to move your belongings. With all the reporters outside, my husband wanted to be sure who they were before letting them in, and they have paperwork.”

It amazes me just how much Luthor uses people like chess pieces. These movers had come to take all of Lois' personal items away, possibly never to be seen again. One has to wonder exactly what else Luthor had in mind for her after the honeymoon? He told Superman when he was in the cage that he needed to break her spirit. Frightening thought.

Please post the next part soon! grovel

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
Part 10 is posted! I'll comment a bit more tomorrow.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I loved that Lois and Clark finally talked to each other again. He is so vulnerable right now, not the confident man he usually is. I like how you portray the aftermath of Clark's captivity. I'm eagerly waiting for your next installment.

T
Toomi8 Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
T
It's crazy how busy life can get when you're allowed a social life again! That and the garden demands so much of my attention. Our summers are so short, we have to grab them while we can.

When I started Aftershocks, it was one chapter that had to be written, and then as I've mentioned before, sat on my hard drive for a few months. Once I started trying Henderson's perspective, the rest of the story flowed easily. As I started posting it, most chapters were written, the final three were heavily outlined, and then things changed...

The rest of the fic is now re-outlined, and being written, and I'll try to post biweekly, more frequently if I get time. Thanks for your patience over the last few weeks, and thanks again for the comments!

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Online Content
Hack from Nowheresville
S
This is an interesting continuation of the episode. Clark is hurting mentally and physically and needs to talk to someone. Hopefully he’ll talk to Lois and/or his parents soon. Thank you and I can’t wait for more!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard