Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28735 03/24/06 05:33 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, in the final stretch here. Let me know what you think!

#28736 03/24/06 06:21 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
I have to admit I was stunned to see we've already reached the penultimate part... but after reading part 7 it seems right. Even the title makes sense, and I absolutely love your way of resolving the consequences of New kryptonian invasion.

Looking forward to what Lois has in mind with her counting on the paparazzi smile thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#28737 03/24/06 06:26 PM
F
Kerth
Kerth
F
I am delighted. Not only at such a good story but to see someone doing something with the New Kryptonians children.
>After this, thirty more to go.

I have the New Kryptonian's offspring in Aftermath's outline but in that story there's no Clark to help them deal with their differences.

Please consider some f/u stories as I think Clark raising 30 superkids would be great to read.

You might consider pitching the idea as a replacement series for Smallville.

It would be perfect for the WB's market.
smile

Patrick

Framework4
#28738 03/24/06 07:11 PM
Features Writer
Features Writer
Aww, this was probably the sweetest of the chapters so far. With the children, I mean. Half-Kryptonian, I wonder what happened to their mothers. Were they ALL noncon?

This whol story is being painted beautifully, and while there's only one more and I hate to see it end, I look forward to the next part laugh

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
#28739 03/24/06 08:06 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I was taken aback to see that we're already almost through with the story. That makes me kind of sad, but it does indeed seem fitting. Now the hope shines much brighter than the despair, although the repeated mentions of Lois and Clark only seeing one another in the night made me sad. Maybe this plan of Lois' will change that, though?

Lovely, and beautifully written, as always. Thank you, Shayne.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#28740 03/24/06 10:42 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Like many others here, I was surprised to see that this is your story's penultimate chapter, but I, too, agree that the story seems to be wrapping up very nicely.

I absolutely loved the part about the half-Kryptonian children. Best of all was the fact that Clark was going to be the "uncle" of a little girl who looked like she might be Clark's own child with Lois. That was just wonderful. Of course, he was going to be the uncle of thirty other little halflings as well, if I got you correctly - well, that would be an awesome task, indeed!

I was very glad, too, that Lois used her influence as the President to make sure that these children weren't killed (or even experimented on?) which had obviously been some people's intentions. But instead, thanks to Lois, these children were going to be taken care of by Clark in a project named Utopia! Shayne, I just loved that! Well, we all know that Lois and Clark's descendants are going to create Utopia, don't we?

And it was so, so great to see that the Kents were alive, too. The way Jonathan and Martha greeted their son, so that
something within him was beginning to thaw.

The tears glistening inhis eyes had never felt so right.
Thank you, thank you for this, Shayne. I needed that bit of waffiness right now, I can tell you.

And at the end of this chapter, Lois makes sure she meets Clark in such a way that the paparazzi will see them. Years ago, she publicly rejected Superman. I guess this is her way of telling the world that she now completely takes back that rejection. Indeed, it looks much like a way of telling the world that she really, really likes Clark, and that she wants to spend "personal time" with him. Perhaps she is even asking the world to prepare itself for an Oval Office wedding?

Because I have read several of your other stories, I can't believe things will just go smoothly from here up to the end. Indeed, I suspect there will be some sort of major WHAM in the last chapter, probably involving some of those Kryptonians posing as humans on the Earth. Well, I guess I have made my position on deathfics pretty clear. If indeed you kill Lois or Clark in the last chapter, I most certainly won't be happy. But I promise that if you do just that, I will not post any comment about it at all! That way you'll know what I think, but you won't have to read it! wink

However, seeing how your earlier stories have ended, I don't believe you will have this one end in despair. But if it does, and I won't be able to post a comment on the last chapter of it, I have to say that so far your story has been so beautiful. I don't have to tell you that I'm not the only one who has loved it. Thank you so very much!!!
notworthy

Ann

#28741 03/25/06 02:06 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Expecting last part!! smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#28742 03/25/06 10:15 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shayne!

I always enjoy your writing and this story is just as well done as all of your others. I like the way you made the connection of all of the half New Kryptonians that Clark and his folks are counseling being called "Project Utopia". It makes a plausible link to how Utopia would come about.

I'm sure glad that you are writing so much these day. You have quite a loyal following. laugh

Please Write-on!
Anne

#28743 03/27/06 08:16 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28744 03/28/06 11:45 AM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I really appreciate all the comments so far.

Patrick, I already wrote a sequel to this chapter. It's a vignette called Orphan Dreams and it's on the archive.

Anks, Catherine, Chris, Anne, Ann, Jose, Maria...thanks for the comments. I'm just glad that anyone is still reading. smile

#28745 03/28/06 03:47 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I just got caught up with this. It's such a different idea and you did it so well. I love it! I have to say, I'm not entirely sure I understand the timeline and everything about what happened between them. But that could be because I read fast and I'm at the point with school right now that if something isn't spelled out for me, I probably won't get it. blush

Anyway, I can't wait for the ending. It's been a few days now...I can't not know the ending after reading the rest all in one sitting...you know where I'm going with this...please? grovel

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#28746 03/30/06 02:45 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Looks like I am late! Finally got the chance to read these last 2 parts. I can't believe you're getting to the end but it does make sense. Great parts. Looking forward to the next.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard