And this is for Gerry...

This is a fanfic based on the television show, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. No copyright infringement is intended. I’m borrowing these characters for a little fun and not for any profit. For a complete disclaimer, go to: http://www.thompsonlawoffice.ca/Disclaimer.htm

Galactically Stupid - Part Seven
By: ML Thompson
March 2006

“Is this the absolute, total and final guest count?” asked Lois as she and Clark walked towards the Daily Planet.

“Funny you should mention that. I ran into an old friend last night.”

“Who?”

“Lana Lang.”

“Ah... an old girlfriend.”

“Lois, you’re getting that sound in your voice.”

“What sound?”

“Like any minute claws are going to pop out and I’ll be getting you a saucer of milk. She’s not worth it. We dated in high school.”

“Smallville girl,” Lois responded, knowing she didn’t sound exactly... supportive. “Here in the big city. And...?”

“I told her I was getting married.”

“Smart move,” Lois said. “And she was...?”

“Really happy for me.”

“So happy she’d like to come to the wedding?” Lois asked, seeing where this conversation was going.

“How’d you know?”

“And how’d she take it?”

“Take what?”

“When you said, no.”

“Ummm... hmm...”

“Clark?”

“Well, you have to know Lana...”

“No. No. I don’t - interestingly enough.”

“She’s kind of... insistent. Just steam-rolls through things. So it’s not like I actually said she could come. She just sort of said... she could come.”

“Let me get this straight. You’re... Superman.” Lois’ voice dropped to a whisper on the last word. “And your high school girlfriend can push you around.”

“Oh, god...” His head suddenly shot up in a familiar way. “Speaking of Superman...”

“Go. We’ll finish this at the office.” She gave him a quick kiss. “Be careful.”

She watched until he was out of sight before continuing her trip towards the Daily Planet. She was passing an alley when... She stopped when she saw a man step out of the alley.

“Hi, Lois. Remember me?”

The synapses snapped behind her eyes. Did she remember? How could she possibly forget? She remembered it every time she and Clark were on Clark’s couch and the kissing was getting somewhat out of control, every time she felt Clark’s hands slipping under the bottom of her shirt, every time she felt the heat of passion flowing through her veins.

Without thinking her actions through, her knee came up, lodging itself hard in a very sensitive part of Tempus’ anatomy. He doubled over.

Lois let out a breath. “Ahh...” she said, suddenly feeling better than she had in months.

“What are you doing, Lois?”

Lois turned towards the sound of the familiar voice to see Superman floating slowly to the ground.

“I would have thought that was obvious,” she said, stepping closer to Tempus so that she could dig the heel of her shoe into his foot.

“Aggg!” Tempus groaned.

“I understand your frustration, Lois,” Clark whispered. “But this isn’t the right way to deal with this.”

“Why not?” asked Lois, reaching over to grab Tempus’ collar, dragging him to his feet. “Just one more...” She jabbed Tempus as hard as she could in the ribs with her elbow, causing him to again crumple to the ground.

Clark grabbed her arm, pulling her away from a still groaning Tempus. “Loisss,” he hissed, “think about this for a minute...”

“I’ve been thinking about this for two years.” When Clark raised his eyebrows, she continued. “Okay, I’ll be good. What did you want to say?”

“Just... Look, Lois, Tempus is here to take you to the other universe. And if you don’t go, then alt-Clark will never realize his destiny.”

“Is that such a bad thing, Clark? After all, I just get him exposed to the world. And I rub his face in everything he will never have.”

“Yeah. And if you don’t go there, he won’t be ready when we need him when Tempus loses me in time. And besides, think about all those great alt-Clark stories that will never be written.”

She nodded slowly. He made a couple of good points. Besides, she could always use the time machine to go back and reverse the curse after the whole alt-Clark adventure. “Fine. You’re right.”

Turning towards Tempus, she grabbed him, pulling him to his feet.

“Please. Don’t hit me again,” Tempus begged.

Lois rolled her eyes. “Don’t be such a big baby. You’re the one who wants to live in a hellish, violent dystopia. Let’s see where were we? Oh, yes. I remember. You just asked if I remembered you. And I say... No, I...” When Tempus said nothing, Lois raised her hand. “If you don’t want to be hit again...”

“Remember now?” Tempus asked, removing his glasses, trying to portray a cockiness he obviously didn’t feel.

“What do you mean, no?” asked Lois.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Lane. But I just cannot allow it.”

“Can’t... Listen, Mr. Wells... Herbert... Please. I’m begging you here. I did everything I was expected to do. I gave the other universe their Superman. I just want to make a little trip back in time to... right a terrible injustice.”

“Oh, you mean the curse thing,” Wells said, catching on. “Don’t worry, Ms. Lane. That’s already taken care of.”

“It is?”

“Oh, yes, Ms. Lane. We dealt with that whole problem very handily.” Without waiting for her response, he fired up the time machine and simply disappeared.

Lois looked up when Superman landed next to her. “Oh, my God, are you all right?” Clark asked.

“I’m fine. I’m fine.”

“What happened? You were gone for almost ten seconds.”

“Ten seconds?”

“The weirdest ten seconds of my life. I didn’t know where you were, what to do and then...”

“What?”

“I just got this feeling of what my life would be like if I lost you.”

She smiled when she was suddenly lost in his embrace.

“Oh, wait,” Clark said. “What about the curse?”

“Herb said it was already broken. And you know what that means...” She wiggled her eyebrows at him.

“Already broken? When?”

“He... he didn’t actually say. Why?”

“Because... Lois, don’t you remember? This appearance by Wells happens when Wells is...”

“...older,” Lois gasped when it sank in what Clark was telling her. When Wells had come to Clark’s apartment... or would come to Clark’s apartment... on their wedding night, he had been a younger version of the Wells she’d met on this occasion. Which meant... although to him, they had already gone back to break the curse, to them, it was something that hadn’t happened yet.

“Agggg!” Lois yelled. It wasn’t fair! It just wasn’t!

The End

By the way, did I mention that these are two deleted scenes from Tempus, Anyone?

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane