Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28511 03/14/06 05:14 PM
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
I'm glad you liked the previous chapters. Let me know if it's getting too dreary. wink

#28512 03/14/06 05:40 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Not too dreary for me; I think the fact that Lois is fighting back provides hope. And then there's a line like this:

Clark suspected that the free donuts in the staff room kept calling Ed’s name.
which made me smile.

Still very fascinating, Shayne. If you keep up these daily postings, you'll make me a very, very happy girl indeed. wink

Thank you.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
#28513 03/14/06 06:08 PM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I really shouldn't comment when I have so little time to do it, but this is still so wonderful. The way you talk about Lois coming to see Clark at night, and their wordless togetherness. And then, those frightening hints at what it is the world is accusing Clark of, and what that war implied. Killing Clark wouldn't be homicide, because he isn't human.... Well, if you read old Swedish county laws from the 13th century, they'll tell you that it's much less serious to kill an out-of-county person than to kill one of your fellow "county-men", so to speak. And some people were so worthless that killing them wasn't really considered a crime.... Ah, Shayne. The way we define each other. The way we debase each other's humanity. Or, in Clark's case, the way we - or the people in your story - take his good deeds for granted, and still think he is so much less than themselves, because he isn't strictly human, either in a DNA or in a hailing-back-to-Adam sort of way.

Please go on writing. Your story is awesome and haunting.

Ann

#28514 03/14/06 08:21 PM
Kerth
Kerth
More great hints at this alternate universe in this part. Your writing made me really feel the tension in the scenes. This could turn into an epic-length story to fully explore the world you've set up. One minor thing caught my attention, though:
but the only shows on television were endless rounds of soap operas, Judge Judy and infomercials.
I've seen enough bad tv to know exactly who Judge Judy is. But reading her name pulled me out of the story for a second because I've been reading your story as alt-universe, possibly set at any number of points in time. Judge Judy is from a very specific place and time. You might consider making a more general referrence if you believe you can capture the same feeling or idea from it.
Keep this story coming - I love the frequent posting schedule! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#28515 03/15/06 05:51 AM
Kerth
Kerth
You know... I'm curious about what happened in this world smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#28516 03/15/06 06:29 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
wow! there's a LOT of potential here, and you are doing an awesome job with it. keep up the good work. thumbsup

#28517 03/15/06 11:10 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I see your yarn spinning is still working...

Looking forward to more.

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
#28518 03/15/06 01:28 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wow. This just gets better as it goes along. It's dark and chilling and scary and it's not unlike what Stephen King might write if he were an L&C fanfic author.

I'm ready to find out what happened between the present time and Lois's marriage to Luthor. There's a whole, whole lot here that hasn't been touched on yet, and when Clark remembers (assuming that he does remember it all) he's going to have a reaction of some kind, and I'd be surprised if it was a controlled one.

Trask as a hero? The prophet of doom and alien invasion? Frightening, truly frightening. This is dark and gloomy and if Wendy's reading this her fandom has more angst on its plate than it can chew. Keep it up. I want to know more and I want it as soon as it's ready! Straight from the oven (or in this case the word processor).

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
#28519 03/15/06 02:25 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28520 03/15/06 03:55 PM
L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Very intriguing. I like it!

I've always been of the opinion that one would not be so quick to "get over' the invasion. That Superman would be viewed quite differently after the invasion, so I really appreciate your exploration of that theme.

Keep it coming!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
#28521 03/16/06 09:39 AM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
You're still got my attention. Can't wait to find out more of what's going on.

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
#28522 03/17/06 11:34 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois' dilemma -- very accurately depicted... thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard