Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“Or someone else. Clark, you have some unique abilities. You have to choose whether to think of them as problems or challenges. You can think of them as problems, and they will probably get bigger the more you think about them. If you think of them as gifts that are challenges—like learning to ride a bike or drive the truck—then we can practice and you can learn how to handle them.”

I know Martha gets a lot of the credit for being the strong one, but its really Jonathan who holds everyone together.

This is a lovely gift, Mr. Jones will be missed! mecry

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Excellent addition. Heart warming moment between Clark and his dad. Also love how Jonathan comforts Martha in all this as well. With a heart as big as his, nothing is too much.

"Oh my gosh! Authors really do use particular words on purpose!" ~Me, when I started writing a book.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Blueowl
Perfect addition encapsulating all the goodness of Jonathan Kent while providing a window into why Clark/Superman is the way he is.

Hi, BlueOwl! wave I'm delighted you feel that way.

*Sniffle*
Eddie Jones will always be who I picture as Clark's dad.

Me, too. Having both parents, and especially Jonathan, alive and very much a part of Clark's life was one of my favorite things about Lois and Clark. It was a first at least in the movies and TV. Seeing Clark's family as supportive and real people added a dimension that was missing from the earlier movies and TV series.

Thanks for writing.

You're welcome. Thank you for reading & commenting. hyper

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by Morgana
“Or someone else. Clark, you have some unique abilities. You have to choose whether to think of them as problems or challenges. You can think of them as problems, and they will probably get bigger the more you think about them. If you think of them as gifts that are challenges—like learning to ride a bike or drive the truck—then we can practice and you can learn how to handle them.”

I know Martha gets a lot of the credit for being the strong one, but its really Jonathan who holds everyone together.

Hi, Morgana! wave Yes. Mr. Jones' Jonathan was in many ways the perfect father for Clark, and a positive role model often missing in entertainment.

Originally Posted by Morgana
This is a lovely gift, Mr. Jones will be missed! mecry

He will indeed.
Thank you for reading & commenting! hyper

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by JellyS2
Excellent addition. Heart warming moment between Clark and his dad. Also love how Jonathan comforts Martha in all this as well. With a heart as big as his, nothing is too much.

Hi, Jelly! wave

I loved how Jonathan in the show was a strong father figure and not afraid to be the comforter, which is some of what I wanted to convey. How he often was calm in the midst of others being upset. And yes, his heart was huge.

Thanks for reading & commenting! hyper

Cuidadora

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A touching addition to a wonderful tale. This reads as if it very well could be cannon.

Great job cuidadora! wave

~ Folc4evernaday

Jodi Picoult - You might not write well every day, but you can always edit a bad page. You can't edit a blank page.
https://loisclarktribute.com
Subscribe on YouTube
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by folc4evernaday
A touching addition to a wonderful tale. This reads as if it very well could be cannon.

Great job cuidadora! wave

Hi Val. wave What a lovely compliment. It's how I imagined Clark's childhood. And the ending of the story is how I wish the show had handled things. wink

Thanks for reading & commenting! hyper

Cuidadora

B
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
B
What an awesome, going-to-heart tale.
It Shows perfectly how and why Clark's parents are so important for his life like it's shown in the series.
I agree that L&C is the only Show that caught the Clark/parents relationship right. I don't see why it should be neccessary for Clark/Superman to lose one or both of his parents to become what he is like ist portrayed in both movieverses - and even in Smallville Martha seemingly "disappears" completely after becoming Senator, what feeled just strange.
I think that both parents are strong figures their own way - Martha may Show a more "open" strength sometimes, while Jonathan is more the calm, strong, supportive figure. They are two different parts perfectly Fitting together, like later, Lois and Clark.
Yes, Eddie Jones was indeed the Best Jonathan. I still can't stand John Schneider's Version, and we don't see much of others because they were all killed off...
I also enjoy your Explanation of CJ. Sad for Kal-El, though.
However, I'm still wondering how he came to "his" Lois when Earth was estroyed and he never went there (or is this Lois kryptonian?", and how he met/contacted our favorite time-traveler.
I also enjoyed how J&M dealt with the Mobbers. As someone who had to fight with "being different" in childhoof for myself, I can see how important it is to say them where they belong!
Anyway, great Job!

Up, up and away - to the next fanfic.
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Originally Posted by BlindPassenger
What an awesome, going-to-heart tale.
It Shows perfectly how and why Clark's parents are so important for his life like it's shown in the series.
I agree that L&C is the only Show that caught the Clark/parents relationship right. I don't see why it should be necessary for Clark/Superman to lose one or both of his parents to become what he is like ist portrayed in both movieverses - and even in Smallville Martha seemingly "disappears" completely after becoming Senator, what feeled just strange.

Thanks, Blind Passenger! Glad you liked it. wave
I don't know the whole history of Superman in the comics and movies. I've always wondered if perhaps it was at least in part due to movie budget restraints limiting the number of actors. I'm thinking of the serials in the 1940s or so.
Also the earlier versions at least had Superman as the real person and Clark as the disguise. So the Kents would be less important than they were in Lois And Clark.

I think that both parents are strong figures their own way - Martha may Show a more "open" strength sometimes, while Jonathan is more the calm, strong, supportive figure. They are two different parts perfectly Fitting together, like later, Lois and Clark.

Good insight and succinct way to describe them. I agree!

Yes, Eddie Jones was indeed the Best Jonathan. I still can't stand John Schneider's Version, and we don't see much of others because they were all killed off...

I never saw much of Smallville, only part of what I think was the final episode on YouTube. It always struck me as sad how alone other versions of Clark were. He was the sole-surviving Kryptonian and lost one or both parents by the time he arrived in Metropolis. Truly alone and isolated, with only friends and colleagues as his support system. And they didn't know the whole man, only saw him as two different people.

I also enjoy your Explanation of CJ. Sad for Kal-El, though.
However, I'm still wondering how he came to "his" Lois when Earth was destroyed and he never went there (or is this Lois kryptonian?", and how he met/contacted our favorite time-traveler.

Good questions. Perhaps they will be answered in a sequel. H.G. Wells could explain how he found Kal-El, and maybe the globe will tell CJ more... whistle

I also enjoyed how J&M dealt with the Mobbers. As someone who had to fight with "being different" in childhoof for myself, I can see how important it is to say them where they belong!
Anyway, great Job!

Thanks. I'm sorry you had to go through that, although I think more kids than often realized have similar traumas. Probably not as overt, but still there. And I suspect it may be part of the appeal of Superman. An ordinary, mild-mannered guy can defeat the bad guys. Almost like the underdog winning. Of course real people don't have secret identities, but like Martha and Jonathan can defend the helpless when the inner warrior comes roaring out. wink

Thanks for reading and leaving such insightful and detailed comments! hyper

Cuidadora

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard