Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!

She’d mentally kicked herself for the rest of the day, and had been running the conversation over and over again in her mind when Superman arrived. She’d hurt Clark – her best friend! – deeply, and she regretted it.

But, he’d kind of brought it on himself in a way, she’d reasoned to herself.
Tsk tsk tsk…Lois Lois Lois…

Lois felt her face blossom with heat as her anger and embarrassment rose. Confusion bubbled just beneath the surface too – since when had Superman become a pig?
Hmm…I don’t think we ever had a fic where she simply walked up to him and slapped him. And broke her wrist in the process. Needing Superman to carry her to the emergency room, dressed in her nightgown. While she’s refusing to talk to him. And having her arrival documented for posterity by Leo Nunk and his trusty photographer.

Could it be that her easy friendship with the hero had been too…friendly and not flirtatious enough?
*snort* Any more flirtatious and she’d be expected to charge for her attentions.

Or was he such a gentleman that he’d overlooked his effect on her?
Maybe he’s into guys. Could explain his obsession with Lex Luthor.

“Lois, I do care for you.” Lois’ heart skipped a beat. He cared for her!
Yes, he loves her. Like a sister.
LOIS: /puts down A Game of Thrones and looks up hopefully/
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image]

He cut her off before she could finish. “Yeah, sure. You love me. Like a brother, right?”

“Like a…?” she puzzled.
So, oops?

What could Lex have done to have earned Superman’s hatred?
Well, asked Lois out on a date, of course!

“You?” she mustered, her voice cracking. Her eyes narrowed. “You?” she demanded. Then, noting his panic, “And don’t you ever dare think about flying out of here.”
Yes, he’s been whispering into Clark’s ear for almost a year now.

“What have I done?” Lois lamented some time later, as she sat spooning chocolate ice cream into her mouth.
clap

How long ago had Superman – Clark – left her apartment? An hour ago? Two hours ago? A week ago?
*squints* I’d say about one third of a gallon’s worth, considering how deep she’s into the bucket.

No, it had to have been just a few hours, at the most, since she’d seen that tortured look on his face while he spilled what was likely – no, definitely, her mind corrected – his deepest secret.
No, he hasn’t told her that one yet. Will also take some more time for him to tell her.

“Time to call in the big guns,” she said as she paced her living room two nights after she’d last seen Clark.
Kansan farmers?

“Clark,” she whispered. “How am I ever going to find you?”
[Linked Image]
Superman! Help, Superman!

“To talk. But not to Superman,” she added, gesturing to his attire. “I called for Clark, not the Man of Steel.”
clap

Lois couldn’t help but to laugh too. “Completely dysfunctional,” she teased back, leaning into his chest. “Which is why it’s probably a good idea that we stick together.”

“Who else could possibly tolerate us?” Clark shot back, clearly biting back another burst of laughter, his arm encircling her waist.

“No one in their right mind,” Lois agreed with a nod.
/looks around FoLC community/

Even in the lamplight, his blush was unmistakable. “Um…Switzerland,” he confessed.
Huh, I really expected him to end up in the Arctic. Although, fun thought: Labby once expanded on the idea of Lex’s Swiss Alps fortress in his Masques fic, so, what if Clark actually found Lex’s fortress and made it his own Fortress of Solitude for these two days evil At least until he finds the Lois Lane paraphernalia room.

“Work?” Clark questioned. “The Planet’s been destroyed, Lois. We don’t have jobs anymore,” he reminded her bitterly.
Umm…you’ve had Lois visit the bullpen earlier when she was looking for Clark.

Clark laughed then and untangled his arm from Lois’. Then he slung his arm around her shoulders and drew her closer to him. And in that moment, Lois knew that things would be okay between them. He would never be like a brother to her, but she would fight to prove that she was worthy of his love.
Awwww

Adorable untwist, Vicki!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Michael! wave

Tsk tsk tsk…Lois Lois Lois…

Lois: Well...to be fair...he started it.

Hmm…I don’t think we ever had a fic where she simply walked up to him and slapped him. And broke her wrist in the process. Needing Superman to carry her to the emergency room, dressed in her nightgown. While she’s refusing to talk to him. And having her arrival documented for posterity by Leo Nunk and his trusty photographer.

Muse: *growls* Don't wake the dragon. I've got enough on my plate.

*snort* Any more flirtatious and she’d be expected to charge for her attentions.

Lois: I don't charge. I do, however, accept...gifts.

Maybe he’s into guys. Could explain his obsession with Lex Luthor.

Now there's a set up for a horror story if ever I heard one. Clark enamored with Lex.

Yes, he loves her. Like a sister.
LOIS: /puts down A Game of Thrones and looks up hopefully/
SUPERMAN:

(insert pic here of a FB-style wrist with no hand attached) Jaime Lannister likes this.

*squints* I’d say about one third of a gallon’s worth, considering how deep she’s into the bucket.

Lois: Nah, I taste tested it the night before. You know, to make sure it was good. Quality control, if you will.

/looks around FoLC community/

FoLCs: We're ALL mad here! dizzy

Umm…you’ve had Lois visit the bullpen earlier when she was looking for Clark.

Aww, crud, I can't believe that got passed as many read throughs and the beta step.

Thanks for reading! Glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard