Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi Terry,

I don't believe we've spoken before (although I could be wrong - my memory is terrible), but I've read and enjoyed a lot of your work. I'm glad to hear that you're cancer-free, and wish you well in your post-transplant recovery. My dad received a liver transplant back in '95, and I well remember how grueling but rewarding the process was.

Here's to a speedy recovery and more Terry stories in the future! smile

"HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE." -Terry Pratchett, Hogfather
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Terry,

Here's wishing you a speedy and smooth recovery.

Joy,
Lynn

Features Writer
Features Writer
Millefeuilles and Terry,

Hope you both have speedy and uncomplicated complete recoveries to full health and wellness.

Best wishes,

Cuidadora

"Honey, we didn't care if you were a Russian or a Martian... You were ours... and we weren't giving you to anybody." ~ Martha in Strange Visitor

"A love that risks nothing is worth nothing." ~ Jonathan in Big Girls Don't Fly

T
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
T
DC, Endelda, Lynn, cuidadora, thank you so much for your encouraging words. I'm doing better every day - they still won't let me drive, though. At the clinic meeting with the surgeon today, he asked me to stand up and walk around the small exam room, and then he told me to sit down again and stop showing off. I'm big enough (and now scarred enough) to do Fredrick von Frankenstein's monster dancing and singing "Puttin' on da Ritzzzz!" (see it here). I just need to regain some more balance and dexterity.

I didn't realize how sick I'd become until about ten days after the transplant. I'm more alert, my aphasia is gone, I don't lose focus and concentration like I did a month ago, and I've dropped a good deal of weight (mostly fluid) and my shoes fit me again. All in all, I'm glad it worked out the way it did.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Hi Terry,

Thanks for sharing this wonderful news with us. May you continue to see improvement.

Joy,
Lynn

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard