Okay, you had to know this one was coming. Don’t worry, though, because... ‘They’re coming to take me away, huh, huh. He, he. To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I’ll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and...’ Sorry. That’s all I remember.

This is a fanfic based on the television show, Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman. No copyright infringement is intended. I’m borrowing these characters for a little fun and not for any profit. For a complete disclaimer, go to: http://www.thompsonlawoffice.ca/Disclaimer.htm

Galactically Stupid - Part Four
By: ML Thompson
March 2006

Lois made her way down the ramp into the newsroom, holding her birthday present for Perry.

“Morning, Lois,” Clark said, joining her beside her desk.

“You’re late.”

“Morning, Clark,” Clark responded, removing a wrapped gift from a bag. “What’d you get him?” he asked.

“Checked suspenders.”

“Didn’t you give him that last year?”

“Well...” Damn. He was right. She had given Perry checked suspenders last year. “He liked them, didn’t he?” Lois pouted.

A ding of the elevator caught Lois’ attention. Looking towards the doors, she watched as an odd looking man stepped out. His clothing was old-fashioned, as if he’d just stepped off the set of a turn of the century English movie.

His eyes swept the newsroom until he spotted her and Clark. He began walking towards them. Without realizing she was doing it, she grabbed onto Clark’s arm, digging her fingers in. “Clark, it’s Wells,” she whispered.

Clark looked over at her, confused. “Who?”

“Come on, Clark. Tempus’ traveling companion. That means Tempus is waiting in the...” She released his arm, seizing her jacket and heading with purpose towards the elevator. She only stopped when Clark grabbed her arm.

“Excuse me... I’m H.G. Wells,” the man said before Clark could explain why he’d stopped her.

As far as Lois was concerned, Wells was irrelevant. Oh, sure. He had the time machine. And, yes, she planned on figuring it out and going back to reverse the curse. But... it was Tempus she wanted. She was going to tear Tempus limb from bloody limb.

“And I’ve run into a spot of trouble. I’ve been traveling with a companion in my time machine... And we’ve just come back from the future. I’ve left him in the park, actually, but...”

“I’m going to kill him,” Lois whispered to Clark, being sure to say it softly enough that Wells wouldn’t overhear her.

“We stopped here because...”

“Sir, we’re a little busy, so let’s wrap this up. Time travel isn’t possible. H.G. Wells wrote fiction... and died in 1946,” Clark concluded, leading Wells away.

Lois rolled her eyes. Typical Clark. He was still insisting on doing this by the book - or the script as the case may be.

“I know you’re Superman and I need your help,” Wells said.

Lois heard him and rolled her eyes. Wells really must think that she was galactically stupid - not to have figured out the Clark/Superman connection. Otherwise, he wouldn’t bother speaking in that ridiculous conspiratorial whisper. Please. To not overhear that, she’d have to be deaf.

Clark looked at Wells. “Could you just give me a minute here?” he asked Wells, before turning back to Lois.

“What are we waiting for, Clark?” Lois demanded when he returned. “Tempus is in the park.”

“No, he isn’t, Lois. Remember? We go down to the park with Wells and find that Tempus has wandered off. But... Lois, do you remember what happens?”

“It’s fuzzy, but... yeah, sort of.”

“Then you know that if we don’t play this out the way it’s supposed to go down, Tempus might well end up killing me as a baby.”

Lois opened her mouth to respond, but then closed it again. As much as she hadn’t wanted them to, her feelings for Clark had developed beyond that initial feeling of lust she’d had when she’d seen him in that towel. If he was killed, she’d miss him - more than she could possibly say. And besides... if he was killed as a baby, she’d never have a chance to know that body. The fact that she’d just contradicted herself didn’t even occur to her. “Okay, fine. We play this out. But then... Tempus is all mine.” She turned, about to head over to where Wells was waiting for them. Suddenly, she turned back around. “Oh, and just for your information, once we straighten out this whole curse thing... you’re all mine, too.”

Lois made her way down the ramp into the newsroom, holding her birthday present for Perry.

“Morning, Lois,” Clark said, joining her beside her desk.

“You’re late.”

“Morning, Clark,” Clark responded, removing a wrapped gift from a bag.

Lois suddenly felt that something was wrong. “I have the weirdest feeling of deja vu...”

“Don’t tell me, you got him checked suspenders again.”

“How’d you know?”

“You got him that last year, didn’t you?”

“Clark, I’m serious.”

“Well, now that you mention it...”

“Damn!”

“Lois?”

Lois looked around. They were back in the Planet - just as if their previous adventure had never happened. “H.G. Wells,” she muttered in exasperation.

“The science fiction writer?”

“Clark, he wiped out our memories before we had a chance to go back and deal with Tempus in the past.”

“What are you talking about, Lois?”

“The curse, Clark! You do remember the curse, don’t you? And... Maybe he’s still around somewhere. We have to find him, Clark. We have to go back and break the curse. I mean I might like the whole ‘put Tempus in an asylum’ thing. But we need to go back and break the curse.”

She looked around frantically, but Wells was gone.

“Hey, Lois. Don’t worry. We’ll get another chance.”

Lois glared at him. He might be content to wait for another year and a half, but... Her eyes swept down Clark’s body. Damn! It just wasn’t fair.

The End

By the way, did I mention that these are two deleted scenes from Tempus Fugitive?

wave

She was in such a good mood she let all the pedestrians in the crosswalk get to safety before taking off again.
- CC Aiken, The Late Great Lois Lane