Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Ohh! I ADORE Mayson! Usually I don't like character who are there to snag the attention of a character away from 'twu luff,' but she's just so likeable!

And this just pegged her. She KNOWS he is smitten with Lois, but she just keeps trying anyway. Very nicely done with her, methinks!

*adores story*

Edited to include part no. in header of post - LabRat

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
Columnist
Columnist
I always really liked Mayson and what's more I felt really bad for her because we all knew that Clark wasn't going to fall in love with her. (I always loved Dan Scardino too...even considered doing a fanfic about him and his own past, but never attempted it as yet.) Anyway, I thought this was very good...very sad, but nicely done.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Poor Mayson! frown

I always felt sorry for her. She genuinely fell in love with Clark and you've perfectly described how she must have felt, trying to get his attention.

Beautifully written, Angelic. thumbsup

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Very nicely written!

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Sweet! drool

MAF thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
You guys are too kind! Honestly, I was so blown away by such amazing feedback, and I'm just sorry it's taken me so long to reply to your comments.

I'll admit, I was more than a little worried about posting this first vignette — I didn't know Mayson had so many friends here! Catherine, TVNerd and Ursie, I'm so glad you guys feel the same kind of pull toward Mayson's character that I do! I agree that she's likeable, and you almost can't help feeling empathy for her, because we just *know* it'll never work with Clark because he's so in love with Lois. With this, I wanted to portray a more dimensional Mayson, one that's more than just a single-minded "get Clark's attention" kind of character.

Xanabee, Jackie and Maria, thank you all for your kind comments about my writing — I'm continually amazed that people on these boards like to read these little angsty accidents that appear on my screen in Word! Seriously, thank you for the feedback — all your comments have given me the courage to continue this foray into Mayson's psyche. I just hope it's worth the read for y'all! Again (and I can't seem to say this enough), thanks for the wonderful feedback!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I'd like to add my own male-oriented comment. I've always liked the actress Farrah Forke (who played Mayson Drake), and I was disappointed when TPTB blew her to bits. I had hoped she might turn into a semi-regular character, one whose mutual antagonism with Lois would have been a good dramatic counterpoint to the developing L&C love story.

But it was not to be. And I think this is a wonderful, if somewhat painful, glimpse into a strong person's mind, one whose offer of her heart has been turned down. Doesn't matter that Clark was as gentle as he could be, her heart still fragmented every time she saw him or heard him or heard Lois's name in conjunction with his. I could see the tears pooling in the corners of her eyes as she hung up the phone, wondering if maybe there was something wrong with her, thinking that if only she could wedge herself into Clark's life a little bit, she could make him see how happy she could make him.

Keep writing! I agree with all the above, and I hope you have many more stories in you just fighting to come out and play.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard