K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Short but swe... make that bittersweet! frown

You sure managed to pack a lot of emotion into just a few words! I really loved the mixing of Mayson's thoughts within the conversations... brilliant idea and it really added to the emotion!

Sara smile

Edited to include part no. in header - LabRat

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, I'm one of those non-fans of Mayson's. Because I'm here to read about Lois and Clark, make no mistake. But... how can I not love this, and become almost tearful over it?
She'd been wrong. Her heart could break into smaller pieces. It was ground to stardust now. The glittering, infinitesimal fragments would soon lose what little luster they still possessed, beaten into submission by the ache of continual defeat.
This is heartbreaking. Yes, pun intended, but it definitely wasn't just a joke. Mayson's heart-pieces are ground to stardust, whose glittering fragments will soon lose what little luster they still possess, beaten into submission by the ache of continual defeat.... This is hauntingly beautiful and - there is no better word for it - heartbreakingly, heart-achingly sad.

And how can I not love this?
See you in my dreams, Kent, she thought sadly. At least I know you'll show up without a certain self-centered brunette there.
Oh, how true this is! In our dreams - make that our daydreams - our dream-lovers visit us, and love us. But we can't be sure they'll be so well-behaved when they visit our dreams at night.

This is a hauntingly beautiful vignette.

Ann

A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Very, very nice! Mayson's feelings are very well done. I so felt for her.

Great job! thumbsup thumbsup

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Thank you guys so much for the gracious feedback! I'm sorry I've been so late on posting a reply to your wonderful comments! Seriously, Sara, Ann and Anna, your words were so kind and made me brave enough to write a continuation of this insight into Mayson's feelings for Clark. I was more than a little worried about posting the vignette intially, but the FDK has been so amazing, I thought maybe it'd be worth the time and effort to continue.

And, don't worry, Ann — I know we're all here to read about Clark and Lois. There won't be much of a reciprocation from Clark, if any. Our two beloved intrepid reporters belong together, and I never intend to mess with that; I've just always been so drawn to Mayson and the whole unrequited love theme. Thank you guys for bearing with me while my "Terms" muse took a mini-vacation, and for the amazing feedback!

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard