Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#28237 03/05/06 04:34 AM
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Okay, I just have to say that it was apparently a bad idea to eat breakfast and read this story at the same time. The image of Clark in a dress and wig.. both disturbing and funny. Maybe more disturbing. wink I'm wondering just what Bobby's tip was, but at least it lead to a fun night. Wonderful!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#28238 03/05/06 06:48 AM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Bwahahaha! lol

I'd have loved to see Clarice laugh

Well done! Very fun!

See ya,
AnnaBtG.

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#28239 03/05/06 06:53 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
As I was reading this, I was reminded of the greatest hero of the ancient Greeks, Hercules (or rather Heracles). Heracles was a brutal bastard, forgive me for being so direct, and he had to do his famous twelve grand deeds as punishment for killing his wife and sons. No sooner had he finished doing his twelve grand deeds (by dragging Kerberos the hell-hound out of Hades) than he committed another violent crime, and was punished again. This time he was sold as a slave to Queen Omphale, and guess what she did to him? She forced Heracles, greatest and most macho of all heroes, to dress up in drag.

Here in Scandinavia, the most popular of the Viking gods, thunder god Thor, so the story goes, once had his hammer stolen from him. To get it back, Thor was forced to dress up as the goddess of beauty and fertility, Freya - and probably doing a lousy job of impersonating her - to approach the terrifying hammer-thief and offer himself in marriage to the monster. And just a few years ago, during an excavation of an archeological site not too far from where I live, archeologists found a bronze statuette of Odin, greatest of the Viking gods, dressed up in a woman's skirt. To summarize, it would seem that the people of yore were more into this gender-bender business than we think they were - or at least they enjoyed seeing their greatest heroes in drag.

So I guess we could say that if a hero becomes sufficiently great and magnificent, you just have to take him down a few notches by making him look slightly stupid in drag. I think we could take your story, Catherine, as evidence that Superman is now on a par with Hercules, Odin and Thor.

Well, I really enjoyed your story, even though it didn't blow me away like your first one did. What impressed me most about it is that you finished it and posted it less than six hours after you posted your first story, the masterpiece "What He Gave Up". Wow! That's amazing!!! So please write and post more stories, Catherine, because there are so many people here who will enjoy them!!!

Ann

#28240 03/05/06 10:06 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Cute! rotflol

“Clark, are- are you wearing my clothes?”

“I’m sorry, Clark’s not here. My name is Clarice.” He flipped his glossy brown curls over one shoulder with one hand perched on his hip. A hip that - along with his torso and half of his thighs - was encased in a familiar strapless dress of black chiffon. “And no, I happened to stumble across this at the store. It’s very hard to find a dress that fits!”
rotflol rotflol

MAF

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#28241 03/05/06 10:21 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Catherine

ROTFL! smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tricia cool

#28242 03/06/06 01:37 PM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
ROTFL! Going from a very dark story to comedy. smile Funny! rotflol

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#28243 03/06/06 03:43 PM
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
LOL!!! That was great!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard