Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
This is a fun vignette. So the kid got a b- for the report? Maybe he was padding the margins?

Seriously, this would be a fun story to see expanded. What's it really like to be the child of Superman at an age when most kids are embarrassed to be seen around their parents?

Keep up the good work!

Features Writer
Features Writer
I loved this! It was cute. And I love that movie!

And yeah, why did he get a B-? Hee!

Mmm cheese.

I vid, therefor I am.

The hardest lesson is that love can be so fair to some, and so cruel to others. Even those who would be gods.

Anne Shirley: I'm glad you spell your name with a "K." Katherine with a "K" is so much more alluring than Catherine with a "C." A "C" always looks so smug.
Me: *cries*
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Really cute, Karen! You had me giggling. I was busy translating that B- into the corresponding grade here in Sweden. Hmm, that would be VG or VG-, I suppose, and it was better than this kid usually gets for assignments like this. So Superman's kid isn't an essay writing wonder boy or wonder girl, despite having two Kerth winning reporters for parents? (Hey, I was a little ticked that you didn't tell us if the kid was a boy or a girl, although that talk about basketball and soccer made me think about a boy.)

Anyway, really cute and nice, Karen. Welcome back with more stories! laugh

Ann

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hee. I enjoyed this vignette a lot.

I see more of my dad than I really want to see. I mean, the cape is cool, but does the suit really have to be that tight?
This made me grin, because I would SO be thinking that as well. From that point, you had me hooked.

Thanks for a fun little read. smile

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great piece. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Karen

This is a great idea. smile1 I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to more of your stories.

Tricia cool

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
As one comic often put it, "It's all good." But this is my favorite part.

He'll even explain what we did wrong when we're sent to our rooms, even though Mom is the one who sent us there in the first place.
I actually laughed out loud when I read that! It's just so Lois and Clark that I feel like I know them both a little bit better now. Thanks for a very nice vignette. Wish I could write so well in such a small space.

Trust me, it's a gift. And I ain't got it.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Terry L. you've beaten me to it. This is my favorite line too:

He'll even explain what we did wrong when we're sent to our rooms, even though Mom is the one who sent us there in the first place.
LOL! That's so Lois and Clark! laugh

This was very cute, Karen. I love it!

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I won't echo my favourite line that made me crack up because two people have already mentioned it.

But this one had me laughing all the way through. And WHY the B-. I'd have fought it. I think any child of Lois would have too!

Great story, Karen!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
*blush* Thanks for the comments. Story ideas usually stick with me, but I have such problems getting them out sometimes. If it's not done in a half hour, it may not get done.

A lot of you asked about the B-.... ya know, I'm not sure why the kid got that grade. Maybe because it wasn't long enough? (A common issue on my papers) I just kind of plucked the grade out of the air.. maybe A- would be better?

I actually laughed out loud when I read that! It's just so Lois and Clark that I feel like I know them both a little bit better now.
LOL! That's so Lois and Clark!
That's what I thought! It just made much more sense that Lois would be the disciplinarian while Clark would be the explainer.

Thanks again for the comments, everyone! I enjoyed writing this story, and I'm glad you all enjoyed reading it. laugh

(This counts as my story for the year, right? *runs*)

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard