Okay, this story was not shortened in any way just compacted more for time reasons and fandom demand. wink I am finishing part 10 as you read and a special little part that hopefully if I get it BRed soon, will be up as well in the next 2 weeks. It has no real affect on the plot just gives into a little imagination. wink More on that next time.

I promise the next post will be longer and will be up sometime next week...until then just enjoy and make sure the objects you are throwing aren't heavy. (You'll soon see why) laugh

Enjoy!

From Part 6

Clark looked down at his hands and was silent. When he came back up to face Lois, tears were streaming down his face. Without a word, Lois pulled Clark into her arms and he buried his face into her hair and neck. Clark’s quiet tears soon became ragged sobs that shook Lois to tears. She felt upset too because Clark was hurting before he went into the fire and after what he saw in that barn; Lois shuddered at the thought, making Clark sit up to look at her. He saw a gentle tear roll down her face and he brushed it with his thumb.

“I think I should ask if you’re okay.” Clark sniffed.

Lois looked at him for a second. She wasn’t going to lie to Clark anymore about her feelings. If they cried, they would be their true, vulnerable selves together. Lois then spoke in the smallest voice that Clark was sure only a man like him could hear.

“Cry with me.”

Clark didn’t need to be asked twice. He pulled Lois close to his body and she curled into his chest. Lois brought Clark’s head back to the cradle of her neck. Once in that secure position, holding on to each other, they gave in. Lois and Clark sobbed for their fight earlier, for the Irig’s and their loss but mostly for each other. Neither one could stand to see the other in pain so all they could do was cry. The tears didn’t seem to stop and Lois and Clark were not letting go.

Part 7

“The sun always looks so glorious at this time, doesn’t it Lois?”

“Mmm” Lois agreed. She and Clark spent a good hour crying before getting up to go inside. Neither of them was eager to sleep so Clark made coffee even though Lois was convinced it would wake up his parents. “They are farm people Lois, they will be up soon anyway.” So here Lois and Clark were at six in the morning, wrapped together in another Martha original, sipping coffee and watching the sun rise. This was a moment Clark had dreamed about since he first met Lois and he was literally drinking it all in.

Lois took another sip of her coffee and smiled. She had never felt as alive as she did right now. Just sitting here in the blanket, snuggled against Clark’s shoulder, Lois felt safe and loved. She didn’t know that simple moments like these could be so real, so perfect. She placed her mug down on the stair and wrapped her half of the quilt to her chin. Clark placed his mug down and put his arms around Lois. Last night, they clung to each other but today they just sat there. Content and relaxed in the embrace, each listing to the others heart beat and inhaling the others sent. They watched the suns rays break the horizon and cast a soft light on the plains of Kansas as if to wake up the land for a new day.

Lois sat up a little to look at Clark. His dark hair was thick with sunlight and the smell of shampoo. His eyes were a soft brown and seemed content with the world. It was one of the first times Lois had seen Clark without his glasses on and he looked more like himself than she could ever remember. Just in his element with no restrictions or anything to tie him down.

Clark noticed a pair of eyes skimming him up and down. He turned to face them. “What are you looking at, beautiful?” The word was out of Clark’s mouth before he could clamp it shut. Not that it was bad, it was just sudden and he didn’t know how Lois would take it.

She surprised him by looking at him straight in the eyes and speaking slowly. “You, handsome.” Lois reached up to touch his cheek again but this time Clark caught her hand and placed a small but meaningful kiss on it.

Lois pulled back her hand shyly at first but then stopped. It was her turn to be bold. “Why don’t you give me a real one?”

She wanted a real kiss…Clark could barley breathe. The scene now seemed too perfect. He wanted to kiss Lois badly but he knew their problems wouldn’t be solved by lip locking. However, she did look perfect in the early morning light with the quilt wrapped around her like a gown. Clark’s brain knew better but his heart was in control. Lois had just fulfilled his fantasy and he intended to grant her request.

Clark took his hand and tucked Lois hair behind her ears. She inched closer placing one trembling hand on his knee and the other behind his neck. Clark thought she was going to pull him in but instead she began to nervously stroke his hair. He smiled and decided to take the next step. He began the slow drop to Lois’ lips, which began to part slightly at his decent. Their noses were now touching and they could feel the warm air pass between them. Clark caressed Lois’ cheek and closed his eyes and the porch door slammed opened.

To Be Continued if I manage to duck all the objects thrown at me...

peep

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."