Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
I'm being selfish and saving my spot, but I had to because I'm just so darned excited to see you posting again, Annie!! smile1

I don't have much, if any, time to read lately, but I'm going to make time to read this after class tonight, so I'll be back with feedback, I promise!

Sara jump

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Okay I am really not suppose to post/be reading stories and this is probably the only post you are going see except for my own story but you are one of my favorite authors and I die over this series every time.

Simply beautiful, simply amazing and I love how you made them have other problems in the middle of their marrige too with "Mr. Pulizer". Wonderful. smile

Maybe my comeback will involve a trailer for this series cause it really needs one! I love it and what a great edition to it. Fantastic! Wonderful, wonderful! smile

~Lois Lane Wanna Be (who just happened to be on by chance wink )

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."
~Mary Anne Radmacher
Top Banana
Top Banana
WOW ANNIE! smile1 I'm really happy to see you posting another "Playing" story, I have loved your Lois and Clark so much! smile1 I still have to read this new one, probably it's going to be another trip to work tomorrow with my purse stuffed with your printed story!

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was great... glad you wandered back for a visit, Annie smile That must have been a pretty thick book, though, to hold all those entries...

Great idea, though. Thanks for posting!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Merriwether
Merriwether
Yay, another Annie story! I won't repeat what I said when I saw it, but suffice it to say, it was a wonderful suprise, and an immediate click. laugh

This is a wonderful addition to the series. I love Lois's reactions and guilt to reading the diary. And I love seeing Clark's thoughts throughout the years. I'm glad that in the end, there was no reason to be guilty. It seems like a Clark thing to do.

Wonderful story, Annie. And I'm glad to see you writing!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ditto everyone so far. The previous four stories where amazing, and this one was a perfect adition to them.

What can I say? Can your return be permanent???? Give us more fanfic??? Please?

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
What a great addition to the series! There were so many touching moments in it, and this piece was filled with yet more.

I loved most of all how you had them completing their family via adoption. I find that a fulfilling and completely understandable choice on their parts.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Kerth
Kerth
This was beautiful! My heart is still in my throat. From the humor as Lois couldn't just put the book on the dresser to the heartbreaking story of the strain on their marriage, through their adoptions, to the sweet ending...gosh, I just loved this whole story! First nominee for Kerths 2007! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
K
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
K
Okay... I'm back. I just spent far too long reading. blush Turned out I hadn't read the Playing Series after all! eek But I'm kind of glad I hadn't before, because reading all these in one sitting (yes, I just finished doing that... check your inbox wink ) was a wonderful experience. I'm all filled with waffy, warm goo right now. smile

I love the song that inspired this. Loved it from the second I heard the first line, actually. And that it inspired this... well, I love it more now. goofy

But this idea, Annie... It's brilliant, I say. Or maybe it's just the execution of it. Reading Clark's diary entries was far more personal than any introspection I've read. Maybe it's because it's actually looking back on the moments of his life, rather than experiencing them with him, as happens in most stories. This is Clark, sitting by himself and reflecting on his feelings - the horrific hurts and the brilliant joys. This is Clark Kent, raw and uncensored, and I love it. I wish there were more! (And you can take that as a compliment or a hint or both wink )

Awesome comeback, Annie!!! notworthy

Susan sums it up quite nicely:

This was beautiful! My heart is still in my throat.
Sara (who's still snuffling a bit from the emotion of it all)

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
thumbsup thumbsup

Kerth
Kerth
Can you believe I had forgotten about that poll? Well, I can :rolleyes:

Good story Annie! thumbsup

Jose hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I'm so glad to see you post this, Annie. I love your "Playing" series and your portrayal of Lois and Clark there. In your new story, I was sad to learn that Clark and Lois couldn't have children of their own, but I was very glad to see them adopt. Of course, the center and heart of your story is that overwhelming problem that won't go away just because Clark shares his secret with Lois: the fact that always and forever, she will have to share Clark with the world. And as was reading this, I was thinking of the families of other famous people, too. How are these families coping?

Well, you showed us so beautifully how Clark was telling Lois how incredibly important she is to him. How poignant that a man's diary-like journal will honestly read like a love letter to his wife.

Thank you so much for this, Annie. Welcome back with more stories!

Ann

Columnist
Columnist
I have read the others only two weeks ago and I loved them, so I was so glad to see a new one from you to the Playing serie.

Yesterday I've read "desperatly seeking Clark" and I really liked it. Wow.

This one is a good addition to the others and I ilke the way you showed Clarks feelings and the way he counted the days. So cute.

Keep posting, I love your stories.

C
Blogger
Blogger
C
Awesome Story. Wish there was more.And hope to see more from you soon.

L
L Offline
Columnist
Columnist
L
Lovely.

Her reaction to the earthquake was spot on.

And then, the little girls - fighting, and the toys being out, and then the forgetting about the book to show off the popcorn making ability - did you happen to peek into my home life when you wrote those little girls? Because that exactly rings true of how things are around here, down to the patting of mom's cheek and the word Mine. My 4.5 yo's first word was Mine and even now, she grips me tightly and says "MY mommy, I never want to let you go."

The rest of the story is very wonderful, but I was staggered at how incredibly accurate your portrayal of the 2 little girls is!

Silence is violence. End white supremacy based violence
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Awesome! The Playing series is one of my favorites *ever*--I have always loved fics where Clark has to pretend to be Lois's boyfriend for some reason or another. And the scene where Clark declares his unconditional love for Lois is *so* incredibly sweet . . . and with that said, I have to say I love this addition to the series! It was very touching, and wonderful to see Lois (and us along with her) catch a glimpse into Clark's thoughts and feelings over the last few years . . . I hope you're going to write more stories sometime, because I really love your work! laugh

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Annie, I love just your "Playing" series, it´s wonderful and I´m so glad that you post this one.
Thank you
Sil

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Annie

This is beautifully written. smile1 It's an excellent addition to the series.

Tricia cool

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh, wow, I've loved the Playing series for a long time and re-read it often, when I need just that WaFFy pick-me-up wink I was so excited to see a new part is the series the other day, but had to pull my hair out waiting until I had time to read it!

This is wonderful. Different from the previous parts, but in a good way. This one is a creative, wonderful mix of reminiscence and romance... :::sigh::::

You do this so seamlessly, I'm in awe:

I really can’t wait to see what life has in store for us. I know that’s cheesy, but I can’t help it. I’m so excited about the life we are going to have together. I can’t wait for it to start.

The limo is here! Here we go...

Lois felt her eyes mist up as she remembered how young and eager they had been on their wedding day. She’d had all the same worries as Clark, but she hadn’t had his unwavering faith to help her deal with them.
You go so effortlessly from past to present, really showing the excitement and nervousness of the young couple, and the maturity and contentment of the present-day Lois.

This was just wonderful!

Nicole smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard