F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Delightful. smile
> that kryptonite affects Superman more
> like a drug

I love that. Perhaps Dr. Klein will find a way to lessen the effects till they are much as you describe. smile

Patrick

Framework4
#27872 02/17/06 02:37 AM
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Wow, that was delightful, really original and such a lot of fun!!!! And what a priceless revelation scene!!! Oh, and such an adorable "villain" - well, he hardly qualifies as such, but what a character - William Patrick Hardisham III, otherwise known as 'Buddy'!

Your vignette is just beautifully written too, and thanks for teaching this poor Swedish slob a new English word, "rugrats". And as for the effects of Kryptonite on Superman, well, ROTFLOL! thumbsup

Ann

#27873 02/17/06 02:39 AM
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, you know I adore this, Janet!

I just love the whole idea that the K affects Superman in this way. And I love the way that Lois starts to pick up on all these little, tiny clues that might have passed her by before, all at once, until she has the answer.

Also really like the inititial scene in the bank - so cute and Buddy is a great character. I liked him.

Lois flushing the K down the loo - you just got to love her, don't you? rotflol So practical!

Cute, WAFFy, funny and great characterisations.

What more could you want!

This one is defininitely going on my Kerth list for next year.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
#27874 02/17/06 02:49 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Probably reassuring them that he was a high-class kind of crook – more a modern-day Robin Hood, except he stole from the rich and kept it
rotflol

Funny phrase there.

And funny story. I guessed that businesswoman would be Lois Lane - of all the bad luck - but the Kryptonite twist was unexpected. Great job smile

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#27875 02/17/06 07:17 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Darn, Lois lost her chance for a date with Buddy... laugh

Interesting idea of K's effects... good little story smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#27876 02/17/06 08:44 AM
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
This was a fun story. I kept thinking it was a setup somehow, that Lois and Superman had figured out a way to discredit kryptonite. Nice twist to it. smile

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
#27877 02/17/06 10:16 PM
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Janet

This is a great premise. smile1 It's extremely well-written. I enjoyed it immensely.

Tricia cool

#27878 02/18/06 10:46 PM
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Hehee! Fun story. Buddy in particular was very well-written.

Love the revelation goofy

See ya,
Anna smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
#27879 02/19/06 02:49 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
And it makes my head itchy as heck.
ROTFL! rotflol

I agree with the other posters: your villain is a great character. Too bad he had to be caught so soon. He belongs in a novel-length fic, you know.

What a fun revelation story, TicAndToc. I enjoyed it very much.

Ursie smile

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!
#27880 02/19/06 06:42 AM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Fun. For a minute there when you had Clark describe the effects of Kryptonite as:
“Well, it seems like a... booster, I guess [...]"
I was thinking, Hello, do I detect an Earth-3 fan here? The idea of Green K giving Superman (or Ultraman) a power boost (or a new power, as in JLA #29-30) is right out of that classic Silver Age tale. But then you went into more detail and I realised that it wsn't like that. Pity -- I suppose I will have to write my own E3 story sometime.

Still, this was good, and I'd love to see what happened next. I'd disagree with other posters that Buddy/Billy/that-no-good-cheatin'-SOB needs to be given a bigger role. He's really a means to an end, namely exposing Superman to the K, and he's pretty superfluous now that he's done that; the interesting stuff is going to be Lois and Clark's reaction now that his secret is out. laugh

One thing that comes to mind is the need (?) to deal with why K-radiation doesn't affect humans if it has an effect like that on Clark. It's obviously highly concentrated in terms of its dosage if it can have such an immediate effect on him, so why doesn't it do the same sort of thing to Billy -- and everyone else -- the way the comics had it cause radiation poisoning in Luthor? (Ah! another way to cook the scumbag's goose thumbsup

Ping! Ping!! Ping!!! -- Mother Box
She's such a chatterbox at times...
#27881 02/22/06 03:58 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Love it! thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard