Well it is sad to say I am leaving the boards for a time. Follow the link to find out more...

Reason For Leaving Post

I will be posting part 4 and 5 tonight to make up for this. Part 6 will come in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Sorry for the delay, but stuff here needs to get done. Thanks for reading and enjoy parts 4 and 5! smile

From Part 3

“Clark, please don’t force it. I don’t want…just…I don’t know what I want, except not to talk about this now.” Lois was close to losing her temper and she wasn’t going to get all worked up about this now. Not after spending last night and this morning in tears.

Clark looked at her, defeated. He felt that he and Lois were at a fork in the road but she decided it was best to put up road blocks and find another route. Looking at Lois was just so painful at that moment and suddenly she didn’t matter. Nothing he thought was true mattered anymore.

“Lois, I have somewhere I have to be. I should go.” At that moment, it became clear to both of them that Clark wanted to save himself for a change and take the easy way out. With another ‘whoosh’ he was gone out the window and far into the sky. Once he was gone, Lois went over to the window, closed it, and for the first time in the two years since Superman had arrived, she locked it.

Part 4

Clark had run away. Well, he really flew away but to him it sounded more normal to say run. This was probably the worst thing he could have done. Clark knew staying until Lois kicked him out would have been better than leaving like that. But how could she expect him to pretend? To feel nothing towards something that meant so much. That woman made him more alive than anything Clark had ever experienced before and right now she was killing him. However, all Lois wanted was for them to just think things over and be truthful and he ran before even giving it a chance.

Clark’s thoughts were abruptly interrupted by the phone. He let it ring twice, thinking it was Lois, but with a quick glance at the clock, Clark knew it was probably work calling wondering where the heck he was.

“Hello?”

The voice surprised him “Hi, honey. They said you weren’t in at work yet, are you feeling alright?”

“Hi, mom, yeah I’m not going in today. I have some other things to take care of.” Clark made a mental note that as soon as he got off with his mom, he would call the Planet.

“What’s wrong?” Martha Kent was a wise woman and knew her son well enough to see that he just didn’t go into work because he had things to do. “Don’t even use that ‘everything is fine mom’ tone with me because I see right through that.”

Clark knew he was caught and so he told his mom everything. He told her about the letter, Superman and leaving Lois’ apartment in a haste. Through the whole story, Martha remained quiet and attentive until her son was done.

“So now both of you are stuck on what to do?”

“Mom, Lois said that she needed time to think about it and just wanted to pretend like it never happened.” Clark sighed.

“Well maybe you should respect that. After all, you just put it all on her at once and you being Superman can be hard for one person to digest all alone.”

Clark was shocked. “Why are you taking her side mom? Lois wanted to forget about it I mean, what am I suppose feel, nothing? My skin may be invulnerable but my heart sure isn’t.”

“Clark, be reasonable,” Martha gently scolded. “Lois needs time and you need time to think things over. What better than you both coming to Smallville for dinner tonight.”

“What? Tonight…”

“Yes. In fact maybe it would be best if you both came for the weekend. You two will never get anything solved by avoiding each other in the big city.” Martha reasoned. She understood they both needed time but their lives were much too hectic in Metropolis for anything to get done reasonably.

“But mom,” Clark wined. “I can’t just…”

“Honey, I usually don’t intervene in matters of the heart but I’m sure Lois is more in the dark than you are right now. I know it’s not fair for either of you but please call Lois and let her know that she is invited to spend the weekend with us.” Martha added, “Whether she chooses to come or not will be based on how well you can persuade her.”

Clark sighed and knew he had lost again. “Okay and I promise to call.” Clark could hear his mother smile on the other end in satisfaction.

“I’ll see you both at 6:00. Bye sweetie.”

“Bye mom,” Clark placed the receiver back in its cradle and understood what he had to do. His mom was right. He and Lois had to discuss everything before they really lost it all and that was something Clark couldn’t bear to imagine.

Lois didn’t expect to be flying with Superman, well Clark, this evening. In fact she had planned to sit at home with a carton of ice cream and a TV movie. She really didn’t want to be coming to Smallville for the weekend but Clark’s parents were really nice people and she didn’t want to be rude to them because of Clark’s actions. As they flew, Lois slightly smiled when she remembered how she asked Clark how they were going to Kansas. She thought she was being subdued about her emotions, trying so hard to look like she wasn’t enjoying the trip.

“Hey, you look a little happier since we left” Clark noticed.

“Huh? No, I’m not. I’m fine.” Those were the only spoken works between Lois and Clark throughout the whole flight. Clark flew very stiffly with Lois in his arms. He was afraid holding her too close would make her feel uncomfortable and shaky. Lois on the other hand had noticed his awkward flying style and wanted to be held a little closer for safety reasons. She was afraid asking because he might feel odd due to their earlier confrontation.

The pair finally landed in Smallville in the Kent’s back yard. With one quick glance around Clark spun into his regular clothes which consisted of a flannel shirt, jeans and the famous glasses. Lois was in awe because he looked terrific. Clark’s dark hair shone in the evening sun as he turned to face her. “Ready?” he asked.

Lois looked at the ground and nodded. She was sure a blush had crept up on her face but Clark didn’t seem to notice for he was already on his way to the house. Lois looked up and followed. This might turn into a long weekend, for both of them.

After unpacking the luggage Clark had dropped by earlier, Lois and Clark joined the Kent’s for dinner. Jonathan and Martha had prepared a great country meal but neither Clark nor Lois ate much. Each reporter sat at opposite sides of the round table, playing with their food like tired little toddlers.

Jonathan, who didn’t like uncomfortable silences, did his best to strike up conversation. “So, how’s the weather back in Metropolis?”

“Nice, it’s very nice.” Clark mumbled.

“Yes,” Lois agreed, “Good weather.”

“Well the weather has been pretty fussy around here,” Jonathan continued. “There have been a couple small tornados outside the county but nothing serious. It’s a little too early in the season to have a strong one.”

“You should come to Metropolis. We just had a grand tornado this morning.” Clark shot a look at Lois.

Martha was appalled by her son’s sarcasm. “Clark Kent, you will apologies to Lois right now.” Everyone at the table stopped moving and focused on Clark. He knew this would be a perfect time to open the lines of communication. He and Lois could go somewhere private on the farm and really talk. It worked out perfectly in his head and Clark knew it would work in the real world. On the other hand, why did he have to start the talk? Why was it always him that had to appease every situation?

All of a sudden, Lois stood up with her plate in her hand and Clark’s eyes went wide. He spent too much time thinking about what to do and didn’t do anything. He watched as Lois excused herself from the table, placed her plate on the counter and headed upstairs. She reached the second stair and stopped, frozen for a moment before turning around to Clark.

“Remember Clark, it takes a lot of wind to get a tornado started.” Lois turned around and walked up the rest of the stairs. There was a creaking of floorboards and a slamming door then all was still.

Jonathan and Martha, both shocked by the interaction that just occurred, began to clear the table. They left Clark alone to sit in his misery.

To Be Continued in Part 5

"Live with intention.
Walk to the edge.
Listen Hard.
Practice wellness.
Play with abandon.
Laugh.
Choose with no regret.
Continue to learn.
Appreciate your friends.
Do what you love.
Live as if this is all there is."