Print Thread
#27672 02/04/06 10:17 PM
T
TOC Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Mr Paul? Mr Hatman? I'm pleased to report that my patient is doing much better, thanks in no small part to you. Although she took no interest in the action figure you suggested, she loves the Superman plush toy that you made Timmy send her, with greetings from him. Especially after she fastened the small hawaiian shirt from a Ken doll onto the Superman toy like a bib. Now she has been sitting for several hours in front of this wing's VCR, watching the Lois Lane dream sequence from last episode over and over again, holding on to her Superman toy, tugging at its hawaiian shirt and giggling. Only occasionally is she trying to feed her toy fried chicken.

Also, when I talked to her earlier, before she got absorbed in your TV show, she insisted that you had made her immortal. She kept saying, and I quote,

Shall I compare me to a TV show?
I am more happy and more dream-fulfilled.
Commercial breaks do stop brave Clark right in his flying tracks,
And sweet Lois and Clark hath all too short a date;
And often are the plans of brave production ruin'd;
And every episode from great sometimes declines,
By contracts or by bytes beyond control bogged down;
But my eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of the Mary Sue I owe,
Nor shall death brag I wander in his shade,
When in eternal archives to time I grow;
So long as episodes are kept, or eyes can see,
So long lives this, and this gives life to me.

Well, sir, this sounds faintly Shakespearian to me, but that sort of thing was never my forte, and I and my colleagues are slightly baffled as to what our patient might be referring to. We are agreed that she still is somewhat delusional, and that it will not be safe to release her from our care in the foreseeable future. At least she is now the model inmate here at Funny Farm, and we plan to use her in TV commercials, to attract new patients to our model clinic. Thanks to you, sir, we are hopeful that all the doctors working here will be able to give themselves at least five-figure salary hikes this year.

Gratefully yours,

Dr. Crypt-o-Nite Chickenfreud, Med. Dr. Prof. of Psych. Iatric. Br. Ain't Nuth'n Wong W'me, Esq.

Merriwether
Merriwether
LOL. I love the wrapup. Too bad Jimmy quit.. but hey, better to replace him than Timmy, right? (Ohlord, weird thoughts, since I have two brothers with those names.. and sometimes I wish I *could* replace Jim!) And of course, I love the actual episode itself. I'm always happy to see Dan get shown the door, even if it is taking just a tad bit longer.

I would love to see another story/episode like this, but I guess I can see it being a one-shot, also. As long as Timmy knows he needs to keep writing! wink

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Kerth
Kerth
The dream sequence was hysterical! smile1 Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
clap clap clap clap

Bravo! Bravo! This was FANTASTIC!!!! notworthy

Paul, you are a genius! Timmy too. wink

So...got any more lost episodes? <g>
*hopeful*

~•~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Quite funny.

Really enjoyed it.
James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, Paul — this was a perfect wrap-up. Everything. The production meeting, the work-related pretense for Clark going to Lois' apartment, Clark tentatively asking her for a non-date kind of date ... !!! Eep, I have no adequate words. It was just lovely and so much fun to read.

And! Not to be completely egocentric here, but I must say, this was sheer brilliance:
"Hmm. Looks like Dan has at least one sympathizer. Of a sort."

"There's always one," Steph said. "Sorry, whoever you are. Looks like you're outvoted."

"Well, at least we can tell Dan that someone appreciates his work," Kate put in.

Seth glanced down again and hastily covered up something about a proper funeral. "Uhm, yeah. Sure."
Hah! *loves* I'm still grinning, reading over this now. Am quite flattered to have merited mention in the production meeting!

Oh, and this bit definitely had me chuckling:
Superman had come to help her! Oddly, he seemed to be wearing a garish Hawaiian shirt instead of his cape. His hair was curly and unkempt, and she had a hard time focusing on his face. It seemed blurred, somehow.

"No!" she shouted. "Stay back, SuperDan! There's a Kryptonite-coated chicken!"

"The colonel's secret recipe!" the hero exclaimed, stumbling back in horror. "My one weakness! Will I never be free of your vile legacy, Trask?"
Oh, it hurts, I've laughed so much. SuperDan's melodramatic reaction? Seriously — best. Thing. Ever. Maybe it's because I'm a Kentuckian and constantly make fun of KFC myself, but any reference to the chain cracks me up. But this one most of all.

Thanks so much for sharing this, Paul. Every installment was fantastic. And while I understand if it stands as-is, sequels in a similar vein would never be a bad idea ... laugh

Ahem. But. The point is! Bravo! And, end nonsensical rant. *exits, stage left*

~ Crystal

"Not all those who wander are lost." — JRR Tolkien
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I know it's been quoted, but I couldn't help it....
Oddly, he seemed to be wearing a garish Hawaiian shirt instead of his cape.
thumbsup

~NICOLE smile

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Paul

An excellent wrap-up! smile1 I would love to see more episodes. goofy

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Sorry I'm responding so late, everyone. Been pretty busy and pretty tired. Should probably be asleep now, actually, but... Oh well. Soon.

Ann. Wow. FDK in sonnet form. I've never seen that before. laugh and thank you!

Dr. Chickenfreud, glad I could help somewhat. Nice to hear you at least have a spokesnut.

Karen... lol, sorry to weird you out like that, but glad you enjoyed anyway. laugh

Susan, you can thank Ann for the dream sequence. That wasn't there at all until I started responding to FDK for Part 7. I had a lot of fun with it, though, and I'm glad to hear you did, too. smile

Mary... Good thing they increased the graemlin limit. laugh Thanks for the FDK!

James, glad you liked. Thanks for posting. smile

Angellic Editor - blush Thank you! And of course you got in there! You certainly deserved it for your wonderful comments, and knowing you appreciate it definitely makes it worthwhile. (Insert random KFC joke here.)

Nicole - Glad you did catch up, and very glad that you enjoyed the story (and, in particular, its unusual format). Thanks for letting me know! smile

Tricia - Wow, that means a lot. smile Thanks!

To those who requested more eps... It's really nice to hear that so many of you think it works that well and would work again. I don't think I'll be doing any more. It feels like a one-shot to me (which is why I'm so surprised to see this many requests for more), and I don't have another plot to ruin. I'll try to keep an open mind, though.

Thanks again to everyone who posted! I was really afraid this story wouldn't work too well. That it would be too weird. That too much of it was filler. That the parts were too short. That it was basically all downhill after Part One. That the novelty would just wear off. Etc etc. So, I really appreciate all the comments and all the people who stuck with it. That you're asking for another means that much more.

Thank you! smile

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard