Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just waiting for Wendy to post the section so we can all comment smile

PJ
post count? what post count?

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes Wendy, POST I wanna read more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saskia (trying to keep her good place in posting numbers wink )

I tawt I taw a puddy cat!
Ren Offline
Blogger
Blogger
Aww...Pam...and I saw this FDK thread and was looking everywhere for part 18!!!...I thought I was going crazy when I couldn't find it goofy ... rotflol ...so, Wendy you really need to post soon, so that others won't get too confused when seeing this thread. wink

Ren

Top Banana
Top Banana
Yes, Wendy, you can't let your faithful readers down! Come on, post!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please? goofy

Kaethel wildguy

- I'm your partner. I'm your friend.
- Is that what we are?
- Oh, you know what? I don't know what we are. We kiss and then we never talk about it. We nearly die frozen in each other's arms, but we never talk about it, so no, I got no clue what we are.

~ Rick Castle and Kate Beckett ~ Knockout ~
Top Banana
Top Banana
YAY!!!!!!!! Wendy finally posted! Thank you!!!

Lovely new section. Poor Clark, you're putting him through a lot. But on the other hand, we get to have Superman soon! goofy

I still stick with my idea. It would have been far better to have it all printed and letting Lois win a Pulitzer.

Now come on! Bring me the next part! Pronto! <g> Ik houd niet bepaald van wachten evil

Saskia

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Clark stared at her. “You’re kidding! Let everyone know what I can do...? No-one I know would ever be safe!”

“No, not if it’s you, Clark Kent, doing things,” Lois answered casually. “But the beauty of my idea is - it wouldn’t be you.”
LOL! The heroine creates her hero; a mythically moving moment wink

This was a great section, Wendy, although I was ready to kill Henderson for interrupting! @#@$#$ a-plot! <g> But they were each reacting exactly as I'd think they would -- Clark is seeing only the worst-case scenarios, the nightmare he's had for decades is coming true. Meanwhile, Lois is busily thinking of all the ways she can use this new knowledge to her own advantage (tho to her credit, she seems willing to share him with the world -- once certain safeguards are taken wink )

Fun, fun, fun. And when they get around to remembering that explosive kiss back before the shed exploded... things will get really lively! smile

Is it time for part 19 yet? goofy

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I must say that I am disappointed at Clark who wants run away: he doesn't think at all that Lois is in danger as long as Luthor is free. And he doesn't think at all that he is attracted to her and doesn't want to leave her.

Secondly, it would have been more believable that Lois gets the idea of Superman at later date, and know only want to use Clark's abilities to have top top stories as his partner.

In anyway, great story.

Gabriele

Gabriele
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
I see your point about Clark, Gabriele, but I'm inclined to give him a break. He's been paranoid about Someone Finding Out since he was very young; I doubt it's ever occurred to him that anyone could have a different reaction to him. Especially not Mad Dog Lane! But I think that given a little more time, he would have thought of Lois in danger -- and hey, maybe he was already worrying about it, subconsciously -- why else would he have been hanging around in the Apollo Hotel? wink

PJ

"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Great section, and I love Lois's reaction - why tell the world when she could use his powers to her advantage? smile

So, posting the feedback folders bring on the next part? Hmm ... the readers may finally have power. laugh

Elle Roberts

She's a dancer who doesn't dance. He's a painter who doesn't paint. It's like a bohemian version of the Island of Misfit Toys. – “Igby Goes Down”
Y
Top Banana
Top Banana
Y
Wendy,

That was great smile . I loved Lois's reaction - it is definately in character for her to think about what a great story it would be, but then to get into the spirit of subterfuge by wanting to use his powers for her own purposes smile1

Is it time for part 19 yet? wink

- Alicia smile

Laura "The Yellow Dart" U. (Alicia U. on the archive)

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." -- Christopher Reeve
Top Banana
Top Banana
Hmm ... the readers may finally have power.
We always had power, now we finally have prove for it. wink I just hope Wendy sees the point of it and doesn't hurt me now. help

Is it time for part 19 yet?
I see no reason why not. Had fun reading part 18, so I wanna read some more about now. It's already an hour ago. We could test our new theory and just post the next fdk folder. /me ducks and runs for her life now...

To turn this post more serious and back to fdk... I forgot to say I missed the smoochies. I'm really in need of smoochies, and no, I can't use my imagination for that. So bring them on, along with the angst and whams.

Saskia

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part! thumbsup

“Because it struck me that we could achieve two things here, if we think hard enough about it,” Lois said calmly. “One, you can help people, but do it openly - no hiding, no being afraid of being discovered - and two, we get a terrific exclusive, a guaranteed front-page story.”

Clark stared at her. “You’re kidding! Let everyone know what I can do...? No-one I know would ever be safe!”

“No, not if it’s you, Clark Kent, doing things,” Lois answered casually. “But the beauty of my idea is - it wouldn’t be you.”
Poor Clark, she is scarying him. rotflol

More soon, please.

MAF laugh

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Nice part, Wendy! goofy

Beaker: Special Talents: Scientific assistant, Victim
Last Book Read: "1001 Meeps to a Bigger Vocabulary"
Quote: "Meep! Meep! Meep!"
Never Leaves Home Without: Medical Coverage
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay Superman to the rescue. great job Wendy. Can't wait for more. (Can you go with the black suit though, I like the fact that it doesn't cover up his cute backside<g>) Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh-ho and the plot thickens like a good stew! jump I am all agog with excitment here smile

Marns
~pobody's nerfect
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Pam, interesting way to get someone to post an installment laugh Maybe we should try it more often wink How about a comments thread for Part 19 now?

Wendy, I loved Lois' reaction...fairly level headed (stabbing Clark to make a point) and forward thinking (she creates her Superman) thumbsup

Looking forward to more as she convinces him to wear blue spandex dance

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Now I have had time to think, Clark's gut reaction to run, however weak it makes him seem, is in character: that's what he has been all his adult time when anything happens - it's simply his only way to react!

However, he seems to loose completely his assertive attitude that has been so charming in this story. He seems to have no means to deal with Lois who begins to dominate him too much.

Gabriele
Kerth
Kerth
“Because it struck me that we could achieve two things here, if we think hard enough about it,” Lois said calmly. “One, you can help people, but do it openly - no hiding, no being afraid of being discovered - and two, we get a terrific exclusive, a guaranteed front-page story.”

Poor Clark, he's doomed. :rolleyes: If he let Lois take control, soon he will be married with children smile Wouldn't it better if Lois write the story? wave

P.S. This was short, but you posted SITH (/me thinking that it was an evil angst fic), so you're forgiven. But I join the others, Part 19? peep

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh Lois, you're wonderful! smile And so are you Wendy. Lois handled that brilliantly and In just the right way.

My favourite bit, I think. Though Clark trying to deny everthing at the beginning comes a close second!

I read this part and hoped that you wouldn't leave us, or at least Clark, wondering what Lois was going to do about Clark's revelation! I was holding my breath from the moment Henderson interrupted til Lois knocked on Clark's door (so glad he didn't speed pack!), willing Lois to hurry up and go after Clark!

Loriel (who should have waited a while before reading this part - now she has ages to wait til the next part! laugh )

"Inappropriate attachment" didn't begin to cover the depth of the feelings Vaughn had for Sydney Bristow.
~Ties That Bind by RJ Anderson~

I ramble at http://www.livejournal.com/~loriel_eris
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
Another great part, Wendy.

I really enjoyed reading through this. I love that Lois has rejested exposing Clark. It took 18 parts, but seems like we'll be getting our Superman...

Post more soon!

Cris

Cris
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard