Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Special thanks on this section go to Wendy Richards & Sara Kraft smile

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh! This is where I just jump up and down in delight! goofy

And then this...
"I wanted to find something special," Kal said as he got back to his feet. "And I was having no luck. But then, I found this... remember what shey-ana means?"

"Hearts united."
As I told you when you first showed me this bit... perfect. clap Brilliant, fantastic, so very, very WAFFy. Consider me a puddle of goo at my keyboard! love

And you're very welcome indeed - not that I did much! Just told you what a lovely, perfect ending you already had. wink

Congratulations on finishing this!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. drool

Where is the wedding? thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
How can that be the end of the story?! The wedding, Trask, Francine and Bill...so many more avenues to pursue! Fine, fine...this story was great. But I'll be waiting for the next one! laugh Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Still love this story, PJ smile

And that last line is a killer!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
Aww, this is great, Pam! I love how Kal got his memory back. And Francine and Bill. YAY! Go Tigers! *cough* And you've set it up perfectly for a sequel. I'll be waiting laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely ending, sort of.

I want the wedding. I want the show down with Trask. I want the public adulation!!!

Maybe the next one could be called "Hearts Imprisoned"...

James, who will duck behind his cyber wall... peep

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
YAY!! The return of the sexist creep!!!

Count me in as a member of the Bill/Frannie club!!

I agree... There are too many holes left open *not* to continue this story!!

Am I going to have to bug you for the next three years to get another sequel!? Here'e hoping you have another story already in the works!!

Thanks for taking us back to this magical, wonderful universe that you thunk up in your devious little mind!!

Great job, Pam!! clap clap

Missy

Top Banana
Top Banana
Wonderful, Pam. thumbsup I've enjoyed it. A bit sorry to see Gwen bite the dust, but she was a bad guy so I guess...
Loved Bill and Franny. laugh

And this caught my attention:
Besides, Bill was so damn obscure most days anyway,
That nails him so well.

Lovely, waffy ending. smile

c

Top Banana
Top Banana
Fantastic!!!

Dr. Porter.. good riddance! (sorry frown )

Bill & Francine... cute!

And the proposal scene rocked!

smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
I hope you're saving Windfall debut for the sequel wink

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
I so, so enjoyed Brenda and Francine in this story. They are exactly what I think Lois and Clark fanfiction is desperately short of: wonderfully memorable female characters, instantly likable and basically good, whose main purpose in the story is to be Lois's friends! razz But then again, that makes it all that much more fun to see you use them! thumbsup

Doctor Porter was another very good female characther in your story. Seeing that I think that female characters get killed too often in all kinds of fiction, I was obviously sad to see her die. But I realise that a story can evolve in such a way that you just can't save the main characters unless you kill the villain.

All in all, your story was very enjoyable and I really, really liked it! thumbsup

Ann

Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely what Ann said about Brenda and Francine! I loved them in HD, and they were great here too. clap

c.

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Let me start by saying *thank you* to everyone who's commented on any part of this story. smile You've been very encouraging when I needed encouragement. I apologize for being so lax with responding to comments -- I should have done better.

Wendy, you've been a big help all the way through writing this story... and I'm so tickled you like the whole Henderson/Francine ship thing. I wasn't sure how that would go over, especially since he doesn't get into the story til it's two-thirds over, but you guys picked up on it the first time I had Francine think about a guy named Bill laugh

Maria, the wedding's a small private affair. They didn't invite us goofy

Susan, I know there are some things left undone, but then that's life, isn't it? You just never get everything concluded all at once...

Thanks for your help, Rachel! And thanks for mentioning that last line. It was a late change.

Karen... I don't know about a sequel. You wouldn't want for me to have to come up with another A-plot, would you? I was thinking about a follow-up vignette, but that's not the same thing.

Thanks for that whole-hearted approval, James goofy

So glad you jumped on board, Missy, considering you were probably the first person to bug me about a sequel to HD. See what you did???

Carol, I'm glad you think I caught Henderson. He's fun to write, but I had wondered if I was overplaying him. And it means a lot to me that you so enjoyed Brenda & Francine, too.

Ankit, don't feel sorry for Gwen! She richly deserved it, really.

Jose... not the debut exactly, no. Maybe something, though.

Ann... I guess I'm saving the best for last. laugh

First off, thanks for the compliments on Brenda & Francine. I'll admit I never sat down and said, hmm, Lois should have some friends -- but as I was plotting HD I realized I'd have to create a few characters; Sev wasn't generous enough to kidnap a concubine for his commanding officer without grabbing one for himself, too. And then they kinda grew. Actually, I have to give a lot of credit to Claire Hess, who beta'd for me, and who really took to Francine.

And then there's Gwen, who sort of appeared full-blown in my head one day. In general, I agree with you about female characters getting killed -- the thing I really despise is when a woman is introduced at the beginning of the film, then killed, so as to provide the hero his motivation. Hate that. I wasn't sure what Gwen's fate would be for a long time, but by the time I got to the end it was obvious to me that she Knew Too Much. If you'll notice, though, all my other female characters came out of this in good shape smile

Oh, did I ever tell you guys the story about naming Kari & her friends? When I was first creating the character, I decided to call her Kari after my cousin. Not that my cousin is flaky, she's not <g> but I liked the name, and it was just exotic enough. And then later, when I wanted to create the rest of the "pep squad" I wanted to come up with names for them, and for some reason, Glenda and Erica seemed to fit just right.

It was several days later before I realized *why* those names seemed to go with Kari -- I've got two *other* cousins (Kari's two brothers) named Glenn and Erik. goofy

Again, thanks everyone who's commented on this at any point -- I wouldn't have finished this without you. clap

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Nan Offline
Kerth
Kerth
Sorry that I've been so irregular in commenting, too. This was a really good story, Pam, and exactly what HD needed; I do, however differ with one of your opinions. To tie this up, you definitely need one more story, dealing with the wedding, Windfall's debut and a suitably nasty ending for Trask. laugh

Nan

Earth is the insane asylum for the universe.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Pam

I've just read the last few parts. smile
They're excellent. smile1

Tricia cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard