Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Just wait for the day when Clark finds out about all of the other aliens on the planet!
I want to read that story. DC or somebody else, please write it! grovel
Me, too. clap I can just picture Lois nudging him and saying, "Now, who's been blind?"

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
I think the internecine struggle between MIB and Bureau 39 would make a nice A-plot. wink No. Wait. I think that's a Conspiracy Theory crossover.

Shallowford
S
Columnist
Columnist
S
And, I agree. The characterization was perfect.

Shallowford
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Great job, DC--and awesome idea for a crossover.

"How long do you think it'll take Lois Lane to realize that she's working next to this new alien hero?" he asked, watching as Kent flew off with the Daily Planet's top reporter in his arms.

K smiled in return. "You know, I think we could have fun with this."

"Yeah? How so?"

"An office pool," K said, his grin widening. "Five bucks a guess, winner takes all the cash."

Zed bit back a laugh. "Very good. I'll even give you the first pick, since it was your idea."

"I'll get back to you on it," K said, "but, to answer your question, it'll be awhile, is my guess."

Zed arched an eyebrow. "She's a damn good reporter, K."

K nodded once. "I know. And that's precisely why it'll be awhile before she figures it out. She'll be so wrapped up in learning about the alien that was just revealed to the world, that she'll never look twice at the man standing next to her."

This was excellent. So much fun. What a great conversation summing up the magic that is the triangle of Lois and Clark's relationship smile.

Laura

Last edited by LMA; 09/28/15 03:37 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
Yes! Tommy Lee Jones fits perfectly with this story! clap

Thank you for reading! Glad it amused you! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by groobie
Cute idea. smile I liked the reasoning for why they didn't mind wipe the Kents and take the baby. Just wait for the day when Clark finds out about all of the other aliens on the planet! lol

Thanks for reading! Yeah, poor Clark would be in for a heck of a shock! Imagine the first time he's doing a rescue and hears like three heartbeats but only one person!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Just wait for the day when Clark finds out about all of the other aliens on the planet!

Joy,
Lynn

Request has been noted. Waiting for my muse to reply yay or nay.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Me, too. clap I can just picture Lois nudging him and saying, "Now, who's been blind?"

I can totally picture her smug look and Clark's embarrassed smile/eye roll!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Shallowford
And, I agree. The characterization was perfect.

Thank you! And I agree, a B39 vs MIB storyline could be amazing.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by LMA
Great job, DC--and awesome idea for a crossover.

"How long do you think it'll take Lois Lane to realize that she's working next to this new alien hero?" he asked, watching as Kent flew off with the Daily Planet's top reporter in his arms.

"Yeah? How so?"

"An office pool," K said, his grin widening. "Five bucks a guess, winner takes all the cash."

Zed bit back a laugh. "Very good. I'll even give you the first pick, since it was your idea."

"I'll get back to you on it," K said, "but, to answer your question, it'll be awhile, is my guess."

Zed arched an eyebrow. "She's a damn good reporter, K."

K nodded once. "I know. And that's precisely why it'll be awhile before she figures it out. She'll be so wrapped up in learning about the alien that was just revealed to the world, that she'll never look twice at the man standing next to her."

This was excellent. So much fun. What a great conversation summing up the magic that is the triangle of Lois and Clark's relationship smile.

Laura

Thank you. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
So, if there's anyone who can do it, it's you DC! All the right voices were playing in my head. So what do you think. Please! grovel hail

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Morgana
So, if there's anyone who can do it, it's you DC! All the right voices were playing in my head. So what do you think. Please! grovel hail

Oh, I've definitely got the idea tucked away, just no ideas (yet) for the actual story! laugh

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vicki!
Zed's Order
[…]
Bureau Thirty-Nine was not the only agency with an interest in the space craft that crashed in a Kansas field and the child within.
Funny thing, at first, I read this as ‘Zod’s Order’ and then, with the child search, I was wondering if the general was going to have sent out a hunting party. Then, duh! ZED! So, an MiB cross over. I really must stop reading fics; I keep getting reminded of my own plot bunnies playing cards in the shed. … Just a sec… No, those stay *on*! … Bunnies, what can you do…

His team had really screwed up this time - a rare thing, to be sure, but that hardly mattered.
Outsmarted by farmhicks, huh?

as the craft had seemed to constantly readjust its course.
Oh? Baby-El getting stronger from the sun and happily burping around the solar system?

A man and a woman stood in the light of the fire from the crash site.
Maybe they could flash-thingy them and tell them they lost their baby in a fire?

She appeared to coo over the child before bringing it to her breast in a comforting snuggle. Even from his distance, the man could see that the two were smitten with the child, and that retrieving the baby would be difficult.
[Linked Image]

The man sighed. He couldn't totally blame PJ. It was dark out on those backwoods, barely-there roads. It wasn't totally a surprise that they had gotten a little lost.
Didn’t they have GPS back then?
Zed: Oh shut it! The last time PJ followed the damn satellite, he put his car right into Hobbs Bay, claiming the *computer* told him there was a road there.

"You wanna go in there and neuralize them?" he asked.
*neutralize*? cat

"From what I can see, the inhabitant is a baby. A perfectly ordinary looking human child."
Maybe it’s a Russian spy delivered to Russian sleeper agents living in the heartland? I mean, this *is* the 60s.

He hadn't yet gone into the field and neuralized anyone.
Oh. wallbash No ‘T’ in neuralize. My bad.

"I want to keep a close eye on the situation. That means getting a team in place to ensure that adoption papers go through if and when the Kents file to keep this child."

"A team." K mused.

"More specifically, you," X said, confirming his suspicions.
laugh So, punishment, huh?

"You are going to make sure these farmers maintain possession of this life-form. Understood?"
clap

He hung up the phone and slipped it back in his pocket. PJ looked at him, perhaps trying to read his expression.
Wouldn’t it be fun if PJ was a woman, and they’d have to make a living right there in Smallville? Hmm…it’s the 60s. Better make them two guys, playing house right there in Smallville…in the 60s. evil

"He's an alien. No alien lands on this planet without coming through us."
But the kid *already* landed, so that’s spilled milk.

"Yes, that's true. But what are we going to do with an infant?" X asked evenly. "We can't question him. An infant isn't going to smuggle in illegal weapons or intergalactic drugs with him."
[Linked Image]
http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Baby_Herman

"Are you really blind enough to think so?" Zed asked, folding his hands over his lap.
See?

"Or do you believe an infant 'mule' would be allowed to crash land without one of his own waiting for him?"
Maybe the Kents are *alien* sleeper agents. If they have arrived before the MiB were founded, they could have established an identity and set up shop.

And not knowing where the child is from...how can we be assured we wouldn't wind up placing him with someone from a planet who'd like to see him dead?"
I’ve got an adoption application here by a Trask, J. He claims he’d like to raise an alien child.

For all I know, this child could be a king, or prince, or other dignitary.
[Linked Image]

"And what about if the Bureau finds out?" Zed asked. "You know their mission."

"R knows how to cover his tracks. He's out there with K now. Bureau Thirty-Nine will never know about this."
Couldn’t they neuralize the Bureau and make them believe their mission is hunting reds?

instead of embracing it and all of the wonderful technology that the inhabitants of other planets often brought with them to Earth.
Yes, apparently the MiB are the capitalists of the outfit, grabbing hold of anything valuable and then putting the original owners into indentured servitude. Very 16th century European.

Hell, if Edison hadn't landed on Earth when he did,
laugh

the planet might never have figured out how to harness the power of electricity. They'd still be living in the dark, literally.
laugh

"You heard me. I'm placing K and his team under your supervision. Oh, don't worry. I'll be checking everything, to make sure no mistakes happen. But the adoption of this kid all happens under your orders. You may as well get some practice in."
Z: razz

"I knew this was a bad idea," Zed grumbled as the images covered every news station. "Try another one."
And now we go to 1993 laugh

It was the flying man in the garish blue, red, and yellow suit that was the cause for everyone's fear and Zed's annoyance.
Oops?

Everyone on the planet knows that an alien walks amongst us now."
The End of Days has come! Repent! Repent! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

K ignored to look. "Don't look at me. I just did what I was told to do. What you ordered me to do back then."

"What X made me order you to do, you mean. We need damage control,"
Oh, look! Bureaucracy at its finest. There’s always someone to shift the blame to.
J: Oh man, don’t tell me you guys are just as stuffy as the NYPD. Damn…

"We can't neuralize the entire planet. This Clark Kent guy was your responsibility, K. What do you suggest?"

K shrugged. "Leave him be."
Mate him with a female reporter, hoping the ensuring chaos will distract him from showing up again. Next, plant reports that this was all an elaborate hoax, an advertisement for a new toothpaste.

"Of course not. You know I hate that stuff. Listen, I know it sounds strange but, leave Kent be. The population will be so focused on the one alien they know about, they'll be even blinder to the ones that surround them every day.
He’s a smart one. Still no humor. But a smart one.

They won't stop to question the quirks of their waiter or cab driver. They aren't flying around in a flashy suit, so of course they aren't an alien."
clap

K shrugged again. "Why not. Up until thirteen minutes ago, no one on this planet would have pegged that reporter - or anyone, for that matter - as an alien.
So, why do they know that Superman is this Kent fellow?

Nothing about Kent stands out as anything other than perfectly ordinary. Just like every other alien on this planet."
[Linked Image]

He could threaten to expose his true identity to the world, if he continued to appear as a mysterious, caped figure.
Yes, that would work wonderfully, I imagine.

there was no telling what he might do if he felt his identity and life were in danger.
Hmm…considering the fictional evidence, I’d say stand with his arms crossed and look sternly.
Z: [Linked Image]
When that doesn’t work, he’d go running to Lois for protection.

With such incredible powers at his beck and call, it wouldn't take much to completely destroy the MIB, if he wanted to. He wouldn't even need to wreck the building, Zed mused to himself.
Right. He swings a mighty…pen.
LOIS: drool

His words as a reporter could and would cause far more damage. And that was even if he allowed the MIB to bring him in at all.
clap

It couldn't possibly reverse the world's new knowledge that an alien walked amongst them.
I wonder if the neutralizer works over TV signals…

"What?" K asked, finally breaking his gaze away from the news footage on the monitor. "There's nothing on this planet that can hurt him, let alone subdue him."
They could kidnap his parents, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Cat Grant, and Lex Luthor.

Zed knew he was right. There was always some substance out there that could bring down any alien on the planet. […]plasma guns,
laugh

Zed nodded gruffly. Then, "How do you think the world is going to react to knowing that there's an alien flying around out there?"
FEMALE POPULATION: drool

"How long do you think it'll take Lois Lane to realize that she's working next to this new alien hero?"
Ooooh! New office pool!
AGENT T: I’ll put down a c-note on after he proposes. Duh!

"Yeah? How so?"

See?

"Perhaps," Zed said in a noncommittal way. "Perhaps. Now, get out there. Monitor the situation. Get the feel of the people."
Wait, he’s undercover as Ralph? Feeling up the female population?

K merely nodded. He'd been following Clark Kent for a lifetime. He could follow this as-of-yet-unnamed alien superhero too.

The End.
Oooooh! So much goodie goodness clap

Edit: Oh, those comments, they strike so many of the same thoughts I had (noted down!) on an x-over. Same and different is what they say, huh? Really need to find more time mecry

wave Michael

Last edited by Darth Michael; 12/31/15 08:38 AM.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael! wave

Funny thing, at first, I read this as ‘Zod’s Order’ and then, with the child search, I was wondering if the general was going to have sent out a hunting party. Then, duh! ZED! So, an MiB cross over. I really must stop reading fics; I keep getting reminded of my own plot bunnies playing cards in the shed. … Just a sec… No, those stay *on*! … Bunnies, what can you do…

Oooh! <Opens the door and lets the plot bunnies escape>

Oh? Baby-El getting stronger from the sun and happily burping around the solar system?

Kryptonian autopilot. What are you gonna do, right? huh

Didn’t they have GPS back then?
Zed: Oh shut it! The last time PJ followed the damn satellite, he put his car right into Hobbs Bay, claiming the *computer* told him there was a road there.

Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating...Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating...Recalculating... Recalculating... Recalculating...

*neutralize*?

Well, that escalated quickly... goofy

Maybe the Kents are *alien* sleeper agents. If they have arrived before the MiB were founded, they could have established an identity and set up shop.

Martha: Shut it! Stop blowing our cover!

I’ve got an adoption application here by a Trask, J. He claims he’d like to raise an alien child.

Luthor: No, pick me! I'm rich and am totally not a criminal mastermind bent on using the kid as my own Enforcer.

Oh, look! Bureaucracy at its finest. There’s always someone to shift the blame to.

devil

Mate him with a female reporter, hoping the ensuring chaos will distract him from showing up again. Next, plant reports that this was all an elaborate hoax, an advertisement for a new toothpaste.

Women everywhere: drool I'll take 9,458,612 tubes of toothpaste, please.

So, why do they know that Superman is this Kent fellow?

The creepy stalker thing.

I wonder if the neutralizer works over TV signals…

Amish people: See? I TOLD you that is a devil machine!

They could kidnap his parents, Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Perry White, Cat Grant, and Lex Luthor.

Clark: Cat and Luthor? I'll pass.

Oooooh! So much goodie goodness clap

Edit: Oh, those comments, they strike so many of the same thoughts I had (noted down!) on an x-over. Same and different is what they say, huh? Really need to find more time mecry

Thank you! And I will gladly read any MIB crossovers you serve us. Get thee to Microsoft Word!

Last edited by Deadly Chakram; 01/01/16 10:03 AM.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Oooh! <Opens the door and lets the plot bunnies escape>
[Linked Image]

Recalculating...Recalculating...
clap
[Linked Image] You need to put whitespaces in between run-on sentences, otherwise browsers will start to horizontally scroll

Martha: Shut it! Stop blowing our cover!
[Linked Image]

Luthor: No, pick me! I'm rich and am totally not a criminal mastermind bent on using the kid as my own Enforcer.
PJ: Sounds good to me?
K: [Linked Image]

Amish people: See? I TOLD you that is a devil machine!
rotflol

Clark: Cat and Luthor? I'll pass.
MIB: wallbash

Thank you! And I will gladly read any MIB crossovers you serve us. Get thee to Microsoft Word!
hyper Not yet. Sadly. Too little time as of this time. And from the looks of it, 2016 could either be a bust or there will be time further down the like. The bigger issue of course, is that I first need to finish that other WIP I left kind of hanging. And a vignette or two, which need to get done this year. There’s still that auctioned beta for a vignette, so…that’s incentive…

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard