[edited Dec. 15 2:12PM thanks to Wendy's awesome advice and named just for Maria smile ]

Hi! I'm new on the boards, and this is my first fic. I never thought I'd actually write a story of my own because I'm lazy and because there are so many wonderful authors in this fandom, I was always just happy to read other people's work.

Then, one evening I saw the second half of this Lifetime TV movie called Comfort and Joy, and I couldn't help but wonder how the story would go if Lois and Clark were placed in it as the main characters. I was so surprised that a TV movie would inspire me to actually pull up my socks and write after years of indulging in lazy fic-reading. :p

I've only written a couple pages and though the story's not going to be long, there's still quite a bit to go, plot-wise. It's an alternative universe story. Basically, the premise is, Lois was driving home on December 22, 1992 when she lost control of her car and crashed into a tree. When she woke up, she found herself in this situation.

I just wanted to post this and ask if anyone would be interested in reading the rest of it. smile

Please note that this is my first fic and that it isn't BRed or GEed. It's still untitled for the moment.

Disclaimers: Except for Lori & Jack, I don't own any of the characters, which belong to DC Comics, Warner Bros. and a couple other companies I can't remember the names of. No infringement is intended, and I'm definitely not making any money out of this. This story is heavily inspired by the Lifetime movie Comfort and Joy, so the situations are very, very similar and there might even be a couple lines from there, too. Oh, and I think I might have borrowed maybe one line from L&C as well.

Without further ado...

As invisible hands slowly lifted Lois from the dizzying smog of unconsciousness, she slowly noted the sensations that were coming back to her. The jackhammer inside her head pulverized the nerves behind her eyes; she knew something had to be wrong, but she felt oddly relaxed, despite her headache. She was very warm, cushioned by two soft things radiating heat on either side of her, and she felt a weight across her stomach. She noticed that she was lying on something very comfortable. Then, a delicious smell – probably some kind of pasta – wafted through the air into her nose, and her stomach grumbled in answer, reminding her how long ago it was since she last ate. A couple suppressed giggles snapped her back to the present, but she kept her eyes closed.

What was that? Where was she, and how did she get here? As the haze in her mind thinned out, she vaguely remembered driving through a blizzard. Then, she remembered that it was December 22nd, and she was driving home to Lucy. What happened next? Disjointed images of losing control of her car, spinning around and hitting a tree flitted through her mind.

So she got into an accident! Where was she now? She moaned at her dizziness and her head throbbed harder. She felt part of the weight across her middle climb over her torso as a sweet breath fanned over her face and what had to be a small hand rubbed her cheek.

“Mommy?” a small voice asked.

Mommy? Just what was going on? She opted not to sit up because she was so dizzy but her eyes snapped open, and she groaned as the light hit her eyes. She started when she saw four large, round, brown eyes staring back at her, and sat up with a shriek. Her abrupt movement jolted the small boy, about six, and the little girl, maybe four, off her.

“DADDY!” screamed the girl. She was a tiny little thing, with espresso, mid-back length hair with straight-cut bangs crowning her head. She had large, luminous eyes, a pert button nose and a tiny, rosebud mouth. She was easily the most beautiful child Lois had ever seen, even though children weren’t really her thing.

“SHE’S AWAKE!” yelled the boy. He was tall for his age, with wavy dark hair. His round eyes held a mischievous spark in them, and the way his features existed with such harmony made him a very handsome little boy indeed.

The two children sprinted out of the room so quickly, she wondered if she imagined them. She knew she didn’t, when almost immediately, they ran back in with a tall, dark-haired, bespectacled man at their heels. The children bounded onto the bed she was sitting on and flung their arms around her, pressing big kisses to her face.

“Mommy, Mommy, we were so worried!”

“You were asleep for so long and…”

The young voices faded into the ring in Lois’ head and she just sat there in shock, not being able to fully process everything that was happening.

Noticing her unease, the man told the children to calm down and take a seat on the bed. The boy sat beside her legs, but the little girl pressed her tiny body against Lois’ side and snuggled against her breast. Still immensely confused, Lois didn’t even really notice her. Instead, her attention was firmly on the very handsome man who had walked in. He went over to the bed, sat on the edge and took her hand.

“Thank goodness you’re finally awake! How are you feeling, sweetheart? Are you okay?” he asked gently, concern etched across his face.

Chocolate. So chocolaty brown. That was all Lois could think of as her eyes met his. And his lips were like soft pillows…wait a minute. Who is this guy? What did he just call her? She looked down and saw her hand enclosed in his large, masculine one, his thumb stroking her knuckles.

Lois was still in a daze and she didn’t feel threatened anyway, so instead of busting a martial arts move on this stranger, she softly asked, “Who are you?”

There it is!

Should I continue it? Praise and constructive criticism would be greatly appreciated. Be brutal; I'm a big girl and I can handle it. goofy

-Chriscy

EDIT: Just changing the header of the post to reflect that this is part one of your story, Chriscy. smile