Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Someday I'd really love to be able to hang out with you in RL. Though I fear it would end with me shooting my drink out my nose.
laugh I probably should pack an umbrella, then wink

Bonus points
hyper

It's my absolute favorite of the SW movies.
I think it's Jedi over here. But that might just be because I was just that age when the Ewoks where cute and the tree-smashed walker lots of fun blush

FWIW, I can't picture either of them as a "scruffy nerfherder."
Challenge, huh? Btw, you saying Anton doesn't fit the bill of the scruffy rouge?

Also, caught a nasty spell of RL, delaying FDK for #5 a bit razz

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Love it. Lois's sensitivity to Lex's power plays, her realization that she and Lex aren't really friends, the banter with Clark, and Superman's protectiveness. All spot on. One more part tonight. I have to at least spread them out a little.

This *is* my happily ever after.
Kerth
Kerth
Lois is getting wise to Lex's conniving ways.

This scene was my favorite though (although I'm not going to lie, their phone convos are also my favorite):

Either way, he wanted them to know -- and report to their boss -- that he was here. Clark floated down to street level and took a seat on the bench across the street from Lois' building. He looked up at her darkened windows, and then over to the parked car. He couldn't see their faces clearly from this angle but he did see a shadowy movement inside the vehicle. He gave them a slow nod of acknowledgement and turned his face back to Lois' building.
Go Clark!! Don't give him an inch! I love that he's not backing down, that he wants them to be aware that he's around, and using a little bit of his presence to intimidate them for a change. Fabulous moment!

On to four!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Michael - On further reflection, Anton absolutely fits the bill for "scruffy rouge." lol

HappyGirl - Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it. smile

Mouserocks - Indeed, Lois is wising up to Lex's act.

Go Clark!! Don't give him an inch! I love that he's not backing down, that he wants them to be aware that he's around, and using a little bit of his presence to intimidate them for a change. Fabulous moment!

If you like Superman being intimidating to Lex, then you'll definitely like what's coming up. laugh

Thanks for the comments! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
I love how Lex’s offer to get away made Lois so uneasy. If she doesn’t want to go away with the guy, she obvisiously shouldn’t marry him! Lex’s constant runs in with Lois are totally creepy. Glad she’s seeing it that way. So cute that Lois is a little hurt when Clark doesn’t call, thinking he’s not into her anymore. Love their phone call again. I could feel Clark’s relief when she told him she
wasn’t going to marry Lex and their joking about where Lex would send Clark is so funny.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I cannot believe that RL took me away from these boards while you were in the middle of posting a story. It's so good to have the time to check back in on the boards now that school is out and it's even better to see you here, Sue. Welcome back!

I loved all the parts of this story. I have to say that even though it's eerie the way Lex is following Lois around, I'm happy that his actions are creeping Lois out. Yay, for her decision to turn down his proposal!
dance

I loved, loved, loved Lois's phone call with Clark. It's so sweet how she's realizing how much Clark means to her now that there is physical distance between them. The conversation about the moon was so sweet. I wish that along with her reflections about why Lex is all wrong for her that there would be more about why Clark is so right for her. Maybe that is coming in the next part.
grovel

I'm going to assume that it's going to happen that way, that Lois is going to fall in love with him over the phone while he's flying all over the world chasing 'human interest' stories. I'm LOLing at how Lex sending Clark on his world tour is what's going to bring them together.
rotflol

Oooh. I loved that Superman decided to go to Metropolis. I can visualize Clark turning his head in response to their phone conversation. If I was the one in the car, I'd be more than a little spooked. I only wish Clark had made his eyes glow red. You know, just to scare them a little.
devil

Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Jackie - Yep, it's realizing that she doesn't even want to spend the weekend with Lex that wakes her up to understanding what a dumb idea it would be to marry the guy. :no:

Brenda! - How wonderful to have you reading! I'm so pleased that you liked their phone call. Like Clark thinks in a later part, all that distance loosens her inhibitions. I think it's important for her to acknowledge their friendship and what Clark means to her before she can open herself up to the possibility of more. Plus, you know, jealousy can mess with a girl, too. <heh>
I can visualize Clark turning his head in response to their phone conversation. If I was the one in the car, I'd be more than a little spooked. I only wish Clark had made his eyes glow red. You know, just to scare them a little.

Ha! I wish I'd thought of that! wallbash

Thank you, ladies! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard