Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Is it my imagination or are these segments actually getting shorter? Hurry up and post the rest of it! I can't take much more of this!

Tara

Rose: You're NOT keeping the horse!
Doctor Who: I let you keep Mickey, now lets go!
Doctor Who, The Girl in the Fireplace
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
That was just so sad and beautiful at the same time! From the proposal in the previous segment to the wedding, to the way Clark told Lois exactly how he feels... And Lois wanting to spend the last night with Clark... Awww, just great!

By the way, here in Dresden is already thursday night wink (yeah, even if it's only 16.15, you guys should have a look at the street! I need to go back to Spain,the sun and more daylight hours!!!!)

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow!!

I'm speechless. For me, that's saying an awful lot goofy .

So good - so poignant - so sad...

I haven't read that WHAM warning. I'm afraid to.

Couldn't she live? Pretty please?

And it makes perfect sense that now that they are married, Lois wants to just hole up somewhere and cling to him.

If she dies, I think it will destroy Clark. Literally. I don't see how he'll be able to function. Ever.
whinging whinging

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I've got to say ditto to everything Genine said about there only being two more parts! These better be two very long parts, because from where I'm sitting... and I could be wrong... Lois is still, well... a mere couple of hours away from meeting her maker! And Clark's... pretty darn sad! Lois is having euthenasiac (is that a word???) thoughts and I am continuing on my slow, painful journey to complete dementia. Sure they're married. Sure they each know of the other's feelings... but still... so much to do; so little time. Wendy, help

Okay, with that said...

Aside from the fact that poor, sick Lois did not receive an antidote/cure in this part, it was nonetheless wonderful!! laugh

Lois loved him. Loved him .

The knowledge just made him want to weep.
Me too, Clark!! Oh, I love how you put the stress on *him*. It shows just how unbelievable he thinks it is, that this woman who he loves so selflessly could ever love him back. goofy

He was Superman, and he hadn’t been able to do a damn thing to save her.

All he could do now was show her, with his lips, with his hands, with everything he was, how much he loved her.
He's going to blame himself forever! I can just see it! whinging

Making love with Clark would be exciting. Thrilling. And a lesson in being truly loved for the first time in her life.

But the chances of her body being able to co-operate were... pretty much zero.
So sweet that she wanted to, even knowing deep down that she would most likely be unable... glad she realized it in time; that would have been more pain than I could handle!!!! Although, sweet and WAFFy to be sure!

Sure, being your... widower is going to mean I get to do all sorts of fun stuff. Stuff that’s going to tear me apart little by little, more painfully than Kryptonite can. But do you think that for one second I mind doing anything for you? That there’s anything I wouldn’t do for you?”

She could only stare at him. Sure, he’d told her that he loved her. His declaration in the chapel had been the most passionate, the most intense avowal she’d ever heard or read. But this...

To be loved that much...

He was going to be devastated.
Oh god, oh god, oh god... this is too much! I can't take it!!!!!!!! This is beautifully written, Wendy, and just one of those great moments where he shows her the extent of those deep feelings, of his unconditional love, taking her completely by surprise in the best, most beautiful way. The hassle just does not matter in the face of that love, and in that, the devastation he will surely feel... probably for the rest of his life..

“Lois... if there was any way... anything I could do...” He took a harsh, shuddering breath. “If I could swap places with you, I’d do it in a heartbeat.”

The breath whooshed out of her. All she could do was stare at him. He loved her that much?
ibid blush

I, too, was grateful that she realized how much it would hurt Clark if she voiced her thoughts about him helping her die more quickly... that was just wonderful! Her fears in that section are so real and so valid, and her request is understandable. She loves her life, yes. But she does not want to be in pain when there is nothing that can be done to save her! Just... wow. Wonderfully written!

Some favorite lines:
She nodded and fell into step beside him. His wife.
The important thing was that he would be with her regardless. Her husband.
So natural how they ease into looking at each other that way - like they'd been husband and wife for much longer than a few moments... love

Okay, Wendy, what's up next? Cure and then honeymoon? Or honeymoon then cure? Or... death, then funeral? Oh god...

PLEASE MORE SOOOOOOOOOON!!!!!!

~NICOLE smile

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh my goodness, I am just gobsmacked. I *just* caught up with this story and...let's just say a lot of liquid and a good night's sleep will not cure this blotchy exam skin, you have me so stressed out and teary. Wendy stories make me hyper What's going to happen??? She can't die on him!!! I can't wait to see the next part.

Chriscy

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
I've just come back from 2 weeks vacation and read parts 14 - 19 in one sitting. Wow!
Wonderful. (I'm so glad that I could read it all at once rather than suffer through inbetween days of agony.)

First, I noticed the story flowed beautifully. Not too much introspection, but a lot of investigation, looking for the answers to the puzzle.

Edwin Griffin. Brilliant! Who would'a thought? clap
Not to forget to mention, Clark's revelation to Henderson. dance
And the proposal and the wedding. mecry Definite hanky time.

And now there's only two parts to look forward to.

gerry

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Once more I am absolutely speechless after reading all your wonderful comments on the last section. And again I feel that I need to buy you all at least two months' supply of Kleenex! eek Thank you all, again.

A few comments. Yes, there are only two sections left. Yes, I think those last two sections tie everything up properly - and I won't answer Nicole's suggestion as to what that tying up might involve. wink

I'm glad everyone thinks that Lois's thoughts about mercy killing work. It did occur to me that with the kind of symptoms she's dealing with she might well be worried about pain and loss of control and so on, and that the thought of an easy way out could cross her mind. Pam, you're quite right that it would have been completely wrong of her to ask Clark to do it. I did initially plan to have her do that - this general issue was a suggestion of a BR - but I knew that it just wouldn't work. Lois, by this stage, has to know Clark well enough to know what her request would do to him.

Ann, thank you for sharing your story. I found it very touching. smile

Gerry, welcome back! Hope you had a good time. smile I was very pleased to see that you read several instalments at once, because while I'm posting in instalments not many people do that and it is a useful test of things like flow and continuity and so on. So thanks!

First, I noticed the story flowed beautifully. Not too much introspection, but a lot of investigation, looking for the answers to the puzzle.
Oh good! I know that up until the beginning of this year I'd really got into a rut with introspection: using far too much of it and allowing my stories to be slowed down as a result. I've changed a lot about my writing style this year (including altering the way I use speech and thought tags, showing more than telling and other things, as well as cutting down on 'stodge', including an over-use of introspection), and I think it's noticeable.

Tara, it's great to see you back and lovely to know that you're reading. You're right: this instalment was a little shorter - all to do with where section breaks are. The next one will be back to normal length.

Chriscy, thanks for delurking and posting on the comment thread! I've said welcome to you elsewhere, but it's great to see you jumping in and having fun. smile

And everyone else... thank you. Part 20 coming up in just a few minutes.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard