Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
HappyGirl! OMG! Talk about a blast from the past! Welcome back! We've missed you! sloppy

You're not late to the party at all. I'm thrilled to have you here! dance And I'm glad you didn't want to wait to keep reading. wink

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Clark: Well, just to put your little mind at ease, Lois, you're right.
Ides of Metropolis
Kerth
Kerth
Wow! I'm really late to the party!

First off, welcome back Sue! I'm so excited to see new parts of a story from you. But it looks like this fic started getting posted about when I drifted away from the board, so I've gotten 9 new parts to read! #blessed

Where to start..

I love that Lois got the chance to confide in Clark. You've captured their relationship perfectly. Of course Clark is frustrated to hear she's considering his proposal but at least he's listening, and not pushing back too hard. I'm totally invested in how this is going to play out.

Luthor's maneuvering is sick and shock at the same time. He's being very bold dissolving their partnership like that, and I can't believe that Lois doesn't see it, but I'm assuming her reaction will come in the next part or two. And forcing Clark to fly on a plane? Savage. Also, I don't trust how Lex just happened to come up with this human interest piece... I definitely believe he had something to do with it.

Although I'm not going to lie, human interest pieces are exactly what Clark should be writing and the job isn't a stretch at all. You write that very well with his curiosity being piqied by the case .

On to part 2! I'm so excited for you to be back! hyper

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Hi Mouse!

I'm thrilled to be back and it's gratifying that others are happy to see me again. blush

I love that Lois got the chance to confide in Clark.

Me, too! While I love that they clearly love each other, it's the friendship/love between them that fascinates me. This whole story is basically just a series of conversations between them as they transition from just friends to recognizing how precious and rare their relationship truly is.

And forcing Clark to fly on a plane? Savage.

Bwahahahaha! rotflol If you think a flight to Miami is savage, wait til you see where else he sends him. wink

Although I'm not going to lie, human interest pieces are exactly what Clark should be writing and the job isn't a stretch at all.

Lex meant it as an insult, implying that Clark wasn't good enough to be an investigative journalist. Jokes on him that Clark actually enjoys covering the dog show, so to speak. laugh

Thanks! sloppy

Lois: You know, I have a funny feeling that you didn't tell me your biggest secret.

Ides of Metropolis
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Chapter 1 is just heartbreaking. Lois talking freely with Clark about her relationship with aLuthor. Her trying to guess who Clark is in love with. I could feel Clark’s pain. Then Lex buying the Planet and separating them. Man, he’s evil! You’re definitely pulling at our heart strings here.

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Sue S. Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Aw, Jackie!

Not only did you read the whole thing again, but you're leaving me FDK?! hyper Thank you!

Maybe I shouldn't be so happy that Clark's pain is coming across so well, but I am. devil It shouldn't come as a surprise that Lex is evil. wink

Thanks again for leaving comments. notworthy

Ides of Metropolis
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard