Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story! clap

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Snave -

This was so sweet! Such a nice ending to a wonderful story! I loved that you included so many funny lines - they were certainly welcomed after all of the angst that you put us through!

The first person was again immediately leaning over her. "Honey, tell me your name. Please..."

"Um...it's Wanda. Wanda Detroit. I sing for drinks down at..."

"No!" A devastated look covered his face.

Then she suddenly grinned. "C'mon, Clark, lighten up! I'd know you anywhere. Lane 'n Kent? The hottest team in town?" And she slowly winked at him.

It sunk in; she was playing him. "Lo-is! That was *not* funny!"
This was priceless - i lol'd at that one! And this one too!

Whoa, *whoa*!" She reached up and hauled them both down into a ferocious hug. "What was *that* all about?" She turned her head and stared at Gracie. "And when did *you* learn to fly?"

"I didn't. Emma flies us *both*. But I can make fires with my eyes. Wanna see?"

Lois took a breath. "Not here; you'll burn the whole place down! You can show me when we get home...*in* the bathtub!"
but this - pure waffs smile

And thus was born the world's newest superhero. And she dedicated her career not so much to Truth and Justice, as to Mercy -- to the saving of lives.

And her name, of course, was Nightingale.
Such a wonderful story - thank you so much for writing!

Oh - but Maria has a nice point. What about the weekend? laugh

Well done, Snave! clap clap

Shells

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
S
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
S
Hi!!

You guys have all been wonderful, in your support and helpful comments.

Thanks to luvin_my_lnc, Jenni Debb, shells, Terry Leatherwood and Julia (and whoever I may have missed) for being there.

But, again, special thanks go to thumbsup

About the un-written remainder of the weekend:

Hey! I want to read a little about the weekend.
Oh - but Maria has a nice point. What about the weekend?
The only answer I have is --

"Even Superman needs some downtime occasionally..."
And they lived happily ever after -- *off-camera*!

Regarding Terry Leatherwood's very apropos comment about Supes taking his soul-mate's death way too calmly: All I can say is, I agree. But the only way I could figure to play it was to have him 'suck it up' and keep it all inside for the time being. But a careful reading will show that even his super-control is being pushed to the limit:

"How can you see when it's so dark?" Walter asked. There was no response. "Clark..."

Superman sighed, and responded, "Um -- sorry, Walter. What?"
Anyway, this exercise has turned out to be a whole 'nother level of intensity from 'Cherub', the prequel to this piece. I learned a lot (including that you readers are more forgiving than I expected regarding some material which I thought might be too intense and taut for PG-13).

So this, too, is going straight to the Archive. Thanks, everyone!!

--Snave

Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi,

Snave
But, again, special thanks go to mariadferdez for being right there for every posting. Sheesh, Maria, don't you have anything better to do than reading my stuff?
drool

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
SNL Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Dear Snave,

dance

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard