Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Also, I think in today's society, we place too much emphasis on 'being in the right,' on knowing who was wronged and who was slighted and making sure that the wronged one draws a line and never lets anyone get away with crossing it. Justice is a good ideal, but we can be 'in the right' and still be miserable, too. Clark might not ever forgive Lois, and he might even be 'right' to do so, but he'll be alone forever. Forgiveness, MERCY, is just as important a trait, the ability to recognize that someone made a mistake and wronged you and then to move past it. For Clark, I think it would come down to whether he thought Lois was more important than her mistake, or whether the mistake overshadowed the person. A story where he doesn't end up with Lois because he becomes resentful and bitter over what she did might be a good story (I don't know because I wouldn't read or write it), but without giving too much away, I'd rather have a story where we see the strength and the incredible heart of Superman/Clark Kent shown in the way he can understand and forgive and love. It takes a lot more strength to forgive someone than to 'show backbone' by refusing to face whatever it is that hurt you.

Amen to that. By the way, have I already mentioned how glad I am that you've come back with another story? smile

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Thanks, HiddenMoon! I'm really glad you're enjoying!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard