Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Absolutely amazing, Anti-K. Wow really is about all I can say, too. I'm a huge fan of your writing, and I've been so excited to read this story since you posted last week.

I so much enjoy how you write--the details, the metaphors. The raw emotion. Reading just now, honestly, it was an experience. You completely bring the reader into the story--into all the pain, into all the confusion, that is 'life' now at the Daily Planet.

And Clark...oh-my-goodness. My mind is still processing all the layers of hurt, betrayal, and change he is going through. Everything that now Clark's parents are going through. And so sadly, because of Clark's friends--that completely sold him out.

I am so curious to find out the backstory...what led to the decisions that have altered absolutely everyones life.

What made Lois go this far? How did the 'story' become all that mattered? And most importantly, how can this be fixed?...or CAN this be fixed?

Your talent is inspiring notworthy...

Awesome (and yes, that word is a complete understatement) job grin
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Wow, thank you, everyone, for such a great response! I always love coming back to this community because you all are so encouraging and welcoming. I'm glad so many people are taking a chance on a story that has a dark premise and an unusual writing style -- I did try to put it off and to select a more usual style, but the story wouldn't leave me alone (the Lois and Clark from this universe existing in my head really wanted me to try to fix things for them -sigh-), and no other style seemed to really work for it.

I wish I could post faster, amberlea, because it's hard to wait a long time for feedback, but I don't want to leave you hanging, either, so this is my version of a compromise. smile A different energy and a more immediate sense of danger and suspense is exactly what I'm going for with the present tense!

Thank you, KatharineKent! What can you do to get me to post more often? Um...maybe come and chain me to the computer and cut my internet so that all I can do is write? Yeah, that might work, because unfortunately, distractions are abundant and I seem to find them all!

LWhite, you said 'the emotions are so near the surface...' Thank you!! That's exactly what I try to do with my stories (because, as I'm sure KenJ can tell you, details and science are not my forte! whistle ), and so this was a compliment that made my day! Also, I hope your exam went well!

Thank you, MikeM! I admit, this prologue was, for over six months, all that I had of the story because I couldn't imagine how I would find a happy ending if I continued. But, as I said, they're persistent! Jimmy is one of my favorite things about writing this story, getting to bring him to the fore in a way I haven't seen in many stories anywhere, so I'm glad you're enjoying his role. So glad you gave it a chance!

Aww, thanks, groobie! You're a great beta! sloppy

LOL! Thanks for the vote of confidence, Ken! I'm glad you're enjoying your time on this story and not getting ready to strangle me! You've definitely been a help.

So glad to be back, Lynn! Jonathan and Martha will definitely be coming into the story, and no, things aren't any better for them than for Clark. I originally had a disclaimer to the story about how I didn't believe that Lois in any universe would actually publish Clark's secret, but that I wanted to explore this biggest of what-ifs anyway -- but groobie convinced me I didn't need it. smile I haven't read the story you mentioned, and I'll probably hold off on reading it until I'm finished with this one so there's no (intentional) overlap, but I did wonder if there were any other stories about Lois making his Secret public.

Wow, what an honor, Bean22! It made me smile to realize my story was your first post! So glad that you're enjoying, and I hope to hear more from you! (Very belated) welcome to the mbs!

sloppy Thanks, Morgana! Couldn't have made it this far without your constant encouragement!

Sorry, Deadly Chakram, you can't trick me with all your question marks into revealing anything - and I'm not a big chocolate fan, so the candy bar won't budge me. grin But thanks so much for the feedback (that's way better than chcocolate) - I always enjoy your step-by-step reactions. Glad this story wasn't a disappointment to you after hearing about it for so long!

I'm glad to hear I can surprise you, Virginia! Actually, I feel like I'm a fairly predictable writer, so this reassured me a great deal! smile I didn't even realize that I kind of did switch the dynamic from MoM?! In my defense, I wrote this prologue way before MoM? came about! And yay, you spotted the reference to Smallville! If I can finish these last REALLY troublesome chapters, I will definitely start posting more often!

I had no idea about the comics storyline, Christina! I guess I'll just say 'Great minds...' whistle Hope this one doesn't rate too poorly in comparison to the other one! I haven't been minding the New 52 universe so far, and like some of the facets we've gotten to see through it, but I'm afraid I've fallen a bit behind. (Guilty confession: I always wait to read them until they're in trade papaerbacks and sold used on Amazon for really cheap!)

'How can he get over this?' you ask, IolantheAlias. Well...I hope I have an answer by the time I'm done! cool So glad that Lois and Perry came through all right - this prologue was painful to write in a way because of how broken they both are!

Wow, LMA. blush Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I'm not ashamed to admit I've read it multiple times while staring at the document where the next Newsworthy chapter is supposed to go! Each chapter, I also had to process more of what this meant to Clark and how it would have affected every layer of his life and who he is. Such a compliment to hear you feel as if you're there in the moment with them! And I do hope we can at least find a bit more happiness than we've got now - I'm not a fan of depressing stories! smile

Thank you, everyone, for such lovely feedback! I hope you all enjoy chapter 2!

Last edited by AntiKryptonite; 05/02/15 01:33 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard