Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Dave?

Darling?

I have told you that you're a genius, right?

I just have one thing to say about this part...

That was the most bloody brilliant revelation ever!!! goofy ... but it would take me hours to say everything I loved about this part (heck, this story!) and why.

Sara laugh

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Oh, I just loved that! Clark's epiphany, Lois' distress... very beautifully done.

“Not when my heart flutters every time I look at you. Not when everything inside me is screaming at me to grab onto you and never let you go. I know I love you, Lois. I don’t need to *remember* because I can *feel* it.”
Awesome.

And that ending surprised me.

Really looking forward to the next. It's been a LONG week waiting for this installment. wink

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
It had been uncomfortable rummaging through a strange man’s cupboards
I never thought of it that way, but that perfectly captures how he must feel.

“Clark, you’re *not* Superman.”
He recognizes it right away and yet she does not. What a great twist!

He would fly.
Way to show her, Clark! Gutsy. I like that.

Also love that crazy bastard line wink

I know I love you, Lois. I don’t need to *remember* because I can *feel* it.
Dave, you're killing me here whinging

He was Superman. He’d known it. The same way he’d known how he felt about her.
Love it. Love it. Love it.

Have I mentioned that I love it?

Now, keep writing you crazy bastard devil

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Man, that was great, David! I loved this revelation. He recognized himself - he, who is currently a stranger to himself - recognized himself in the superhero's face. It's like there's no bias there. With no memory there's no trees in the way to keep him from seeing the forest. goofy

Lois, and everybody who knows Clark Kent, misses the connection because they know Clark. He's not some stranger. They're focused on the guy they work with and totally miss that he's also Superman. Very cool way to show all that!!

With all the emotion running so high between them, I don't think we'll see Lois getting upset. Especially since he sort of took it for granted that she knew, and acted so shocked that she didn't. And because he really, really needs her to help him be strong enough to fight the asteroid again. What with her admitting she loves Clark, and his complete certainty that he loves her, and her having to be strong for him, I think they may move beyond any anger or blame very quickly.

And the whole bit where he's totally committed to stepping off that balcony, and he only stops because she's so very upset - wonderful! Priceless! Beautiful!

Thank you so much for posting this!

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Kerth
Kerth
Wow...unbelievable! So fabulous!!! smile1 That was so worth the wait (ahem...and a long wait it was!). There's no point in quoting my favorite part since I'd just be reposting the entire section. I really love that Clark was just so calm about the revelation and absolutely adored that he recognized himself on tv. Start pounding back your own pot of coffee and churn out the next part! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“No,” he whispered. She paused mid-babble. “No, I can’t go back up there.”
My uttered phrase for this line: oh my god.

And you know what. I can't recall any stories I've read that really hit on the fact that after all this craziness, well, Clark's probably scared to go back up there. Look at what happened during round one! Asteroid: 1, Clark: 0.

Great part! I kind of excitedly raced through it, so I'll probably go back and read it again tomorrow.

Jen

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb!!! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Thanks, David! You gave me the fix I was asking for! I swear I am an addict now! wink

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ooh, he recognizes himself, that's fabulous. And then he wants to know why Lois hasn't told him -- I just can't tell you how much I enjoyed that laugh

I also liked the touch about Lois apologizing for kissing Superman; she sees Clark staring at the TV screen in shock and of course she's thinking he's going to be hurt about her kissing another man, just a few days ago.

And of course he loves her; he doesn't need a memory to know that.

Hurry up with part 5, already! This was just all too good.

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Awesome thumbsup

I loved the revelation that wasn't wink

And that final line! hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Columnist
Columnist
Wow, this fic just gets better and better. I love the fact that Clark figured out he was Superman on his own. How watching the footage of him going up against the asteriod jogged his memory just enough to allow him to recognize the emotions he felt when he faced it the first time. The fact that he didn't remember that Lois didn't know was just perfect.

All of this was perfect. The scene where the threatens to prove he can fly was just brilliant. It was funny and touching all at once (I mean, who WOULDN'T try to convince your 'ordinary' partner to step down off the ledge if he had lost his memory and suddenly thought he was Superman wink )

Great job. smile Can't wait for more.

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh wow! This was fantastic and sooo worth the (verrrry long) wait!!! laugh

There was so much here to love!
“Why didn’t you tell me? Why didn’t anybody tell me?”
I love how sweet and confused he is, that he just assumes that everyone knew and he wants to know why no one told him.

I love how he still, before turning on the tv, had that feeling that there was somewhere he was supposed to be, mixed with feelings of panic. thumbsup

Jealous? Yes, he had been... he... was jealous of the hero.

He was jealous of himself.
You cover everything, don't you! So great, that he can see certain things more clearly in *this* state, where he doesn't remember much.

I love that you've shown that while he can't remember most things about his life, the two things that he just feels, naturally, instinctively, are:

1. his love for Lois
2. being Superman

It's so wonderful!

And I loved her fear, when he wanted to prove it to her. He was sure of himself, but would not jump
when her tears were the cost
I was a little surprised that Lois immediately thought he needed to go back to EPRAD. She knows how confused he is, I'm surprised she wasn't a little more scared for him or something, BUT I also understand that time is *really* running out here! It caught me off guard, but I completely understood it. She's babbling and off and running in her reporter's take action mode. thumbsup

And you REALLY leave us hanging in a GREAT place:

Ice wrapped around his heart. The asteroid... the fear... the panic... A hole ripped itself through his gut. Nightfall.

You can feel his fear here. He is so scared of that asteroid. And he's especially fragile right now, so that's intensified big time!

David, this is all just AMAZING. The revelation was unbelievably original, creative, wonderfully written and just so so so so gooood blush and I am on the edge of my seat waiting for the next part!

PLEASE don't make the wait too long (again wink )!!!

~NICOLE smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Dave, I was going to tell you all over again how wonderful I think Part 4 is - his realisation that he's Superman, and in particular that he sees through the facade of his stoic exterior on TV and recognises his own fear; his assumption that Lois knew and simply didn't tell him; his attempt to convince her and her fear for him, which makes him stop.

And then that final line, the one that almost made my heart stop... ACK!! He's scared! He's terrified!

You know, I love that he knows he's Superman and that doesn't make him falter one bit. The fact that he's Superman, now that he remembers, is as natural to him as breathing. He never doubts for one second that he can fly - and I genuinely believe he can, because I think it is all belief with him. It's not remembering how to; it's just complete and utter faith that he can. That's why he couldn't fly in the episode; he just never believed that he actually could.

Yet, despite all that, despite all his confidence and utter self-belief, the thought of going after Nightfall still terrifies him. And that's so absolutely convincing - as Jen said, so far it's Asteroid 1: Clark 0. frown So, yes, he's petrified. help

Anyway, as I said, I was going to go through this and show you all the parts I so especially loved and why I love them... but Nicole did it so much better. So just go and read her post a second time. Or a third... fourth... fifth... tenth... wink

And I adored the 'crazy bastard' line too! laugh

No, I can't finish after all without quoting something:

Ice wrapped around his heart. The asteroid... the fear... the panic... A hole ripped itself through his gut. Nightfall.

I know everyone else has quoted it. But if you only knew how that one just kicked me in the gut. Stopped me breathing for several seconds after reading it when you sent me the finished part 4 file. Such a shock... so plausible... and so hard for me, as a reader, that I can't even begin to imagine how Clark is feeling. mecry

So just hurry up and write part 5, okay? wildguy wildguy Even without your laptop.
frown

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. clap Love it!

“Don’t, Lois. Don’t say anything.” He closed his eyes and focused on the darkness. On the starlit sky. He focused on the feeling of gliding, of rising... and then he was. He snapped open his eyes as he felt the ground fall away beneath him. He hovered an inch off the floor, pushed himself up to a foot and then two... he was *flying*!

“Oh my God.” Her startled gasp made him falter, and he landed heavily.

“I just wish you’d believe me.”

“You...” Her eyes were wide. “You’re him!”
eek He still don’t know how to fly!

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
David!

This was just fabulous! Thank you! I loved the double revelation...love and Superman.

Don't delay part 5! cat

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
David this is what I needed tonight! That was so uplifting! It was great. I was all depressed at Sara's story, though I think it is great. But I needed something a bit cheerier tonight and this was it. Thank you. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Wow! That was great! I just love the revelation. How Clark figures it out himself and just tells Lois. Ah!! I love it!!!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great post!!!

Was reading this in the 'Men's Library', ahem, and had to stifle the laughs as he realized that he was Superman and his trying to tell Lois the truth!!!

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
A
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
A
Oh, I love it.

I won't say anything more because everybody else covered my feelings so nicely.

I'll just nag for more. wildguy wildguy wildguy wildguy

See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...
Top Banana
Top Banana
I loved the story, the way Lois responded to Clark. I especially like how you didn't make her a b*tch on wheels and Clark a doormat begging for a crumb of affection.

Someone once asked a poll question about whether or not you want likable characters. I do and you created characters I'd like to know. Thank you. hyper

C'mon already!!! grovel

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard