The plot sickens...
ROFLMAO!!! rotflol Thank you, Janet! I have a lovely mental image in my head now... wink

Well, I see I didn't fool many people with the WAFFiness in part 12. And Part 13 was definitely unlucky... for Lois. frown Yes, Tank was absolutely right. There is another... at least one other? ...substance, which they have yet to find.

Sorry for the grossness in part of this section, but on the other hand I think it's important to be realistic to a degree. This kind of sickness isn't all fainting and sighing.

Squirky and Janet, thanks for defending my poor, overworked Dr Sutton. smile Yes, he's just an ER doctor who, by this stage, is well into his own 24-hour shift (from what Jill tells me about doctors' hours, especially junior doctors - though I think Sutton's not that junior - he has a long way to go before he finishes). He has lots of other patients to see to and he thought he'd tracked down the cause of Lois's sickness. He hadn't written her off; he did intend to come back and check up on her later, and he knew that the nurses would call him back if there was a problem.

As for Clark taking Lois out of the hospital, he would prefer it if she stayed where she is. She's definitely very sick. But, on the other hand, he knows her and he knows what she wants - and what she'd hate. Janet said it perfectly:

Clark really understands Lois, doesn't he? He'll do whatever it takes, if at all possible, to involve her in this the way she wants to be involved.
That's exactly it. What she wants means most to him right now. Of course, he wants to save her life, but he's not sure that he trusts to medical science to do it. When it comes down to it, he trusts the people he's always trusted most ever since coming to Metropolis: Lois and himself. And he'd probably do pretty much anything for her by this stage. sad

Nicole... as always, thank you so much for your lovely words. smile You always manage to pick on sections I wanted to hear about, and I love reading your posts.

I love reading everybody's feedback. You're all absolutely amazing, and the wonderful feedback I've been getting on this story is the absolute perfect Christmas present. Thank you all, so very much indeed!! sloppy

And now, I see that a feedback folder for Part 14 has somehow miraculously appeared, even though the absence of Part 14 itself must surely have been noticed. wink So I suppose I'd better post it now!

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*