Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#25968 11/29/05 05:37 PM
Capes Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I can't complain that I wasn't warned about the icky beginning. Somehow, Clark's kindness transcends the whole mess.

Dr. Sutton...grr.

But Luthor? Again with the niceness? Just so she doesn't feel she owes him a debt afterwards...

Great part. Why do I read these so quickly anyway? Now I have to suffer for several days!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
#25969 11/29/05 05:47 PM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Ooooo, now what does Lex want with Superman? Definitely intriguing me. Keep up the good work!

Don't point. You make holes in the air and the faeries escape.
#25970 11/29/05 06:04 PM
Merriwether
Merriwether
Ohdear. See, we were right about the dread. Definitely a reason for it! They need to hurry! And Luthor.. what does he want? Maybe he found something with his underworld contacts? After all, when the Boss threatens, underlings scurry. Can't wait to see the rest.

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
#25971 11/29/05 06:06 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. smile1

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
#25972 11/29/05 06:13 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Well I knew we were right about you torturing us more<g> Ok I hope Lex has a solution. I hate to depend on him though. More soon. Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
#25973 11/29/05 06:24 PM
Kerth
Kerth
Ah, I knew the last part was too easy. At least now Clark is off his butt and on the case again. But what news does Luthor have? Is he genuinely concerned, or was he involved to begin with?

And then she was retching, coughing, painfully vomiting foul-tasting stuff.

Gasping and spitting, she finally pushed against Clark’s hand and raised her head. He was watching her, concern and sympathy in his dark gaze. How could he not be revolted? It was amazing that he was still here, that he’d stayed rather than run to get a nurse.
Wow, he really is a super man. I got sick in the middle of a cafe in Berlin once and all my husband did was run away! He didn't even give me napkins to clean up myself and the table...the poor waitress had to throw me a rag! Lois should grab Clark while she can! smile

Fabulous job as usual! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
#25974 11/29/05 06:32 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
What? It's not gonna be another 8 parts of WAFFy goodness?? eek help

Good stuff, if somewhat icky in the details. Can't wait to see what Lex has up that tailored sleeve of his...

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
#25975 11/29/05 07:00 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh just post the rest of the story already! Jeez...you're killing me! evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
#25976 11/29/05 07:09 PM
Columnist
Columnist
I'm interested to see what Lex has going. But I can't believe Clark is going to take her out of the hospital! eek She is getting so much worse, she'll never be able to manage.

We're really getting down to the wire here, though. Time's running out and they aren't sure what the second poison is. I wonder how Henderson's doing with that video of the mall?

I can't believe there's 8 more parts of this. You really do love the angst, don't you. grumble Well I really can't wait for the next part, this story is amazing!

~Kristen

Joey: If he doesn't like you, then this is all just a moo point.
Rachel: A moo point?
Joey: Yeah, it's like a cow's opinion, you know, it just doesn't matter. It's "moo."
Rachel: Have I been living with him for too long, or did that all just make sense?
#25977 11/29/05 08:25 PM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
You know, Wendy, as much as I hate waiting for test results, I can't really fault Dr. Sutton. He's doing all the right things. As much as we'd all like him to be solely Lois's doctor, any true doctor would also have other patients to see throughout the day. As a pre-med student, I can't fault him for that.

I do think, however, that he (or the lab) should have had her blood on ice; if it's a suspect poison, you'd need the blood to run a number of tests through histology. Fresh blood would not be needed to run a mercury exam, as the amount of mercury in the body decreases as time passes. It would actually be better to perform the exam on older blood.

According to Baylor University in Houston, Texas, "death due to mercury intoxication is unusual," referring to mercuric intravenous injection. I wonder if this is just another aside to prolong the torture . . . ? huh

You are an evil one, Ms. Richards! thud But continue on; we all await the next installment!

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
#25978 11/29/05 10:05 PM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is sooooo sketchy. I don't even think I want to buy this confused Dr. Sutton stuff after all the seeds of doubt the last FDK thread left in my head. And Luthor? God only knows what he's up to. Talk about sketchy. I wonder why he wants Superman exactly, but...I can't help but feel that he *does* want to help Lois. So...

cat
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
#25979 11/29/05 10:18 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
thumbsup
The plot thickens evil

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
#25980 11/30/05 05:16 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> The plot thickens goofy

I agree with Squirky, no matter how much we'd like to pinpoint someone as the villain. Dr. Sutton seems like a typical hospital staff MD. He's concerned but he's busy, and has lots of other patients to deal with. He's willing to act on what Clark is telling him about Lois getting worse instead of better. Clark's having to call attention to Lois's worsening condition is also not unusual - he's been the one observing her continuously over the past hour. To Dr. Sutton's credit, he's been concerned, has offered all the right things re keeping her in the hospital for observation, testing her for everything he can think of and even things other MDs have thought of, etc. He's been relieved with the GB-like results, because they can treat that. And I suspect that he'll give Lois the anti nauseant, etc., if Clark insists, even though letting Clark remove her from the hospital would go against Dr. Sutton's advice.

I also thought - despite what everyone (including myself as a medical professional) would say in a situation like this, advising against removing Lois from the hospital at this point - that Clark really understands Lois, doesn't he? He'll do whatever it takes, if at all possible, to involve her in this the way she wants to be involved.

Poor Lois! whinging She's not doing well, and the N/V is harder to deal with than a lot of the other symptoms, no matter how uncontrollable they all are. Uncoordinated limbs or vision can be worked around, especially if Clark/Superman is involved. But he can't stop her nausea/vomiting by strength of will. They need drugs for that.

Poor Clark! whinging He wants to do something, but won't leave her unattended. He's trying to find a way to take her with him.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#25981 11/30/05 06:31 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Aha, I *knew* it wouldn't be that simple!! whinging whinging You have officially taken angst to a whole new level ... but much more would just be pure *torture* so please don't leave us hanging like this for long! dizzy Can't you just post the rest of the story already! I'm losing sleep over this for heaven's sake! wildguy Get back here and make her better already ......... please?

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
#25982 11/30/05 07:37 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hey, here's an idea. The story's called 24 hours, and there's close to 24 parts, right? How about posting a new part every hour? You know, sort of in keeping with the whole 'hours' theme, here? smile1

Of course, then many of us wouldn't get any sleep... goofy

And I suppose a lot of us might call in er... sick to work or school... goofy

If there was a 'most-begging-for-more-posts-soon/right now' category in the Kerths, Wendy, this story'd win first prize! notworthy

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
#25983 11/30/05 07:56 AM
Kerth
Kerth
Now what our favorite bussinessman want? :p

Jose smile

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
#25984 11/30/05 10:43 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
OH MY GOD!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

How about posting a new part every hour?
It's the one way to save our mental health. [Linked Image] Pretty please! [Linked Image] I'm dying here, too!!! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Time is passing away! [Linked Image]

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
#25985 11/30/05 10:43 AM
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Oh wow! I feel like we are at a major turning point. Lex is back. We are, aren't we? I can feel it. I can hear the creepy music and I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach. Part 14 is going to be a major turning point. I just don't know which way you're going to turn us, so I can't brace myself! help

Unless I'm way off...

But I can feel this one in my bones!! So...

Anyway - this was a wonderful section, Wendy! Unlucky for some, definitely! Poor Lois! I can't stand this; she's clearly getting worse! And I understand that Dr. Sutton has other things going on besides his last minute emergency w/ Lois, but I, too, was thrown by him needing Clark to remind him of symptoms that he'd already been informed of. It could be that he is just really busy. It could be that he forgot momentarily about that one symptom. But... I am not yet putting full trust in him. The only people on my innocent list at the moment are: Perry, Jimmy, Clark, Henderson and Bobby Bigmouth wink .
Over the next hour, she was sick another three times. Each time, he was there for her, soothing her afterwards, holding her hand
Lois is a lucky girl! I had food poisoning a few weeks back, and all I had was my cat, who I love love love who was by my side! But he's not exactly Clark Kent and he can't hold hands. Yet (we're working on it). goofy
Lois’s eyes fluttered closed again and her hand in his went limp. He leaned forward and stroked her hair, willing her to rest and feel better soon.

But a horrible suspicion was beginning to dawn.
Wendy, this is amazing! I love the way you've written this whole scene, but especially this moment, when Clark begins to realize that things are not looking up, like they'd thought. Something is wrong. Just the imagery you've used - her hand going limp, her eyes fluttering closed and him offering comfort when his own mind is moving wildly, realization dawning... you can just feel his fear in these carefully chosen, perfect words. goofy

~NICOLE

#25986 12/01/05 09:39 AM
Columnist
Columnist
Nothing says love like a person who stays around for the pretty parts as well as the icky parts...I think the fact that he has stuck it all out good and bad with Lois should tell her that he loves her. Course I'd still like to hear him say it wink

Knew the whole 'she's better' bit was too good to be true...curse you! Curse you and bless you for the angsty stuff wink he he!

It just gets better with each chapter. Keep up the excellent work! hail

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
#25987 12/01/05 11:01 AM
Top Banana
Top Banana
“I thought they said I’d start feeling better soon.” She echoed his thoughts after the fourth episode.

“You will.” He found a soothing tone from somewhere. If he was lucky, she wouldn’t see through it.
Awww. frown It's so heartwrenching how he wants to believe... but can't grasp onto that thread of hope.

Her soothing voice did nothing to calm him. “She’s getting *worse*! I want Dr Sutton up here now! Please,” he added quietly; being worried was no excuse for rudeness, as his mom would tell him.
LOL, I love how he adds, "please." Country boy all over. wink And yes, page Dr Sutton!!

You're evil!!! The two poisons thing fits in with my theory that the villain is someone who works at the hospital, thouh. laugh

Yay! He's getting her out of there! Lex better not be be a naughty boy and screw up his plans.

Fantastic part, Wendy. smile

Julie smile

Mulder: Imagine if you could come back and take out five people who had caused you to suffer. Who would they be?
Scully: I only get five?
Mulder: I remembered your birthday this year, didn't I, Scully?

(The X-Files)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard