I've been away from the boards for a while, so I'm going back and reading stories I've missed. I'm glad that I found this one. It's one of those short, sweet stories that sparks your imagination and just makes you feel good.

Given the premise of a fair and an unexpected talent, I was expecting Lois to find out that Clark is unusually good at carnival games, or something like that. I was a bit surprised that it was Superman who was walking around. Superman tying cherry stems is pretty awesome compared to what I was expecting.

I like that the story is complete in itself while being a great potential jumping off point for a longer story. It really makes you wonder what else Lois would notice now that she's looking for tells that Superman has been around on Earth longer than he lets on.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)